Author Topic: [Feedback] Dingir  (Read 3604 times)

Offline decarabia

[Feedback] Dingir
« on: Sat, 13 May 2023, 14:38:19 »
299007-0299009-1299011-2

(crossposted from reddit; i did post about this previously to the stickied thread too but i feel bad about doubleposting there)

i want to someday do a keycap run based on fate's gilgamesh, but i still havent been able to decide on the colour palette. his main image colour is gold, but i realized very very quickly that gold is kind of hard to work with, so i thought, what if i pick colours that would compliment a gold case instead? keyboard simulator doesnt let me put 3 colours per key, hence the kle pic as well.
the beige and black correspond to WS1 and N9 respectively, the red is #E64C55 (but i guess V1 can work too?), and the gold is #DFB21D. (i will learn about pantone when i get to the point of actually talking to a manu)
not too committed to going gmk but keyboard simulator had those defaults loaded up so i thought it'd be a good starting point

in terms of actual production, dyesub pbt seems the most viable. double (triple?) shot would probably get super expensive super fast since i want nonstandard sublegends, but thats also something to consider once I've gotten closer to a finalized design
i think im settled on novelties, but whether theyre feasible is something i admittedly havent thought too deeply about
299013-3

as for the name, dingir is sumerian for god; it's also used in the name of casgil's noble phantasm, altho i guess i'm using one of archer's outfits for colours. ohwell

feedback and concrit would be greatly appreciated, and i will learn blender in the meantime
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2023, 18:38:35 by decarabia »

Offline madrone

Re: [Feedback] Dingir
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 May 2023, 23:58:02 »
Gold legends on black look nice but gold on white is pretty low-contrast.  While legends don't need to be high-contrast necessarily, it would be better to go with one or the other.  I would not recommend having some legends boldly visible and others subtle and more decorative.

Offline decarabia

Re: [Feedback] Dingir
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 May 2023, 18:36:48 »
Gold legends on black look nice but gold on white is pretty low-contrast.  While legends don't need to be high-contrast necessarily, it would be better to go with one or the other.  I would not recommend having some legends boldly visible and others subtle and more decorative.

thats a good point too.
i guess i have a good idea of what all gold on the legends would look like from the previous keyboardsimulator mockup, so i went and tried swapping the main/sublegend colours
299273-0

not sure if i'm feeling all red though, since while it increases the legibility i do want to keep as much gold as i can in there
299275-1