Author Topic: How did you first come to geekhack?  (Read 8144 times)

Offline erricrice

How did you first come to geekhack?
« on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 08:14:09 »
Alright, so I'll go first.

I had already bought the DAS and was using it for a few months, but then I saw that the ABS had dropped way down in price and wanted to try it, but I wanted to be sure that it was a decent keyboard to try(if they had actually solved the N-key problems, but it didn't end up mattering anyway)
Every time I searched something the first result was always a thread from here.
I decided to join up and have some fun!

...Now the addiction has spread to the rest of my body, and every day I wish I had never learned of geekhack...tragic story really...
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Mañana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 08:15:37 »
I was looking for a mechanical ergo 'board.  I found the Northgate Evolution, and I ended up sticking around.

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 08:18:20 »
I was already interested in mechanical keyboards, and decided to see if I could learn more.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 08:22:31 »
I was shopping for a keyboard and wondered if the ibm keyboard -- which I remembered fondly -- from 1984 that came with our first ibm "PC" was still available.

It was!!! :) Though I discovered that by trial and error and learned with surprise that there was a whole industry (and community) dedicated to mechanical keyboards.

I'm sure I landed on geekhack from googling, like most people. Back then (about a year ago) geekhack was still a fairly small site :)  Once I realized there were different types of mechanicals I had to find out which one was right for me :)  So the shopping spree and comparison analysis began.  And then the modding kicked in. Ugh. 12 months later I'm still here ;)

The nice thing about entering the keyboard world is you get these little self-contained procrastination projects with each keyboard, lol.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline ironcoder

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 08:43:06 »
Another deja vu thread....here goes:

I saw Manyak's excellent keyboard thread on a not-to-be-mentioned overclocking site just about the time I smashed 2 Chiconys in a row all over my office floor for jamming and dead keys. I realized I needed some good keyboards quick or I would be out of a job.

Of course this site has so much information and so many opinions I still haven't bought a new keyboard yet. I'll have to soon, my only serviceable one is starting to cake up again and I write code for a living...
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 08:47:03 »
Quote from: ironcoder;115702
Another deja vu thread....here goes:

I saw Manyak's excellent keyboard thread on a not-to-be-mentioned overclocking site just about the time I smashed 2 Chiconys in a row all over my office floor for jamming and dead keys. I realized I needed some good keyboards quick or I would be out of a job.

Of course this site has so much information and so many opinions I still haven't bought a new keyboard yet. I'll have to soon, my only serviceable one is starting to cake up again and I write code for a living...

Judging by the Chicony keyboard I've got they certainly aren't high quality.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline Hofy

• Voids Warranties
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 08:54:49 »
I was looking to retire my Focus 2001 KB and was not happy with any of the offerings in the stores.  A Google search later, here I am.
Poker II Cherry MX Blue
Filco TenKeyless Zero Fukka
Cherry ML4100
IBM Model M 1391401 Buckle Spring Luvin

Offline Kraicheck

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 09:13:06 »
I was looking for a keyboard with trackpoint and the wiki article showed up in my google search.
I stayed for lowpoly's keyboard and eventually got seduced into trying out mechanical keyboards.

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 09:14:28 »
Well I was a lurker for a long time before I joined. What finally dragged me in was the announcement of the 87U. While lurking I missed out on the black 86U board and I did not want to miss out on the 87U. While lurking I purchased oh about 6 boards I found here since joining I've acquired another 10 or so and have at this point pretty much tried all the switches I wanted to try. I think I will be moving onto mods now once I finish filling out my collection.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 09:44:09 »
I was looking for info on the upcoming Tactile Pro 3 and hit a review for the Tactile Pro 2 on here. Me and my hands have been waiting for the TP3 for two years and I got to the point that I didn't trust any projected release date put forward by Matias anymore. I was willing to try another high end keyboard, but I didn't know what else there was out there until I found this site.

• I love arcane knowledge.
  • I needed advice on keyboard shopping.
  • I'm a productivity freak.
  • I've always been fascinated by ergonomics and input devices
  • Input devices and ergonomics are topics that tie together my old career (Physical Therapist) and my current one (Freelance Web Developer)
  • I prefer smaller online communities
Therefore this site was an instant hit.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 10:08:00 »
Quote from: rdjack21;115717
Well I was a lurker for a long time before I joined. What finally dragged me in was the announcement of the 87U. While lurking I missed out on the black 86U board and I did not want to miss out on the 87U. While lurking I purchased oh about 6 boards I found here since joining I've acquired another 10 or so and have at this point pretty much tried all the switches I wanted to try. I think I will be moving onto mods now once I finish filling out my collection.

i think thats the classic gh career-path :)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 10:33:22 »
Quote from: wellington1869;115727
i think thats the classic gh career-path :)

The classic path to empty wallet syndrome you mean :)
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE

Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 10:33:41 »
[thread=5896]How did you happen to find geekhack.org?[/thread]

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline rdjack21

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 10:42:26 »
You know lowpoly this subject is destined to be continuesly repeated as new members join.
Keyboards

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 11:10:14 »
Didn't complain, just linked to the answers of the older members.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2009, 11:17:44 by lowpoly »

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline Shawn Stanford

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 11:31:33 »
I was trying to decide if I could adapt an old 3178 terminal keyboard to my PC at work and landed here. Even though I'm not a hardware guy, I got enough information here and on kbdbabel to determine that if it was doable, it was beyond my abilities.
The Brat Prince of COBOL

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 11:51:13 »
That's what we do best here at GeekHack.  Shatter your hopes and dreams.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 12:07:18 »
Sometime during summer 2007, I learned about Model Ms. I found Unicomp, and was considering getting one, but didnt have the money at the time. A year later, I did have the money, and was trying to figure out whether to get an Endurapro or a Das. Despite some very positive reviews of the Das that were around at the time, I made the right choice :)

Offline talis

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 16:52:38 »
I hit my head on a rock, and when I woke up, I was here.

Offline SCTony

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 17:38:53 »
I was in Barnes & Noble looking for a book and I went to their computer terminal to do a search.  As soon as I typed on the keyboard, I thought 'wow this keyboard feels great!' I turned it over to see what brand it was - Cherry POS. Google searches brought me here to the land of fine keyboards.
IBM PC-AT Model F ;  Model M-
    1391401 Aug 89, 92G7453 Nov 95, 42H1292 Jul 97
Compaq KB-9963 (rubber dome);
Cherry MX-SPOS:typing:

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 17:56:58 »
Quote from: SCTony;115892
I was in Barnes & Noble looking for a book and I went to their computer terminal to do a search.  As soon as I typed on the keyboard, I thought 'wow this keyboard feels great!' I turned it over to see what brand it was - Cherry POS. Google searches brought me here to the land of fine keyboards.

thats interesting. B&N would be the last place i'd expect to find a mechanical keyb, but i guess it makes sense with cherry's saturation of the pos market.

by the way, was it clicky blue or tactile brown that they had in b&n? probably one of the silent ones (brown or black) given that its a bookstore.

Offline SCTony

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 18:19:29 »
I think it is the equivalent of the G80-11900 with black or brown switches. I need to go back and see now that I am a little more aware. Maybe I will even take my key puller. :)
IBM PC-AT Model F ;  Model M-
    1391401 Aug 89, 92G7453 Nov 95, 42H1292 Jul 97
Compaq KB-9963 (rubber dome);
Cherry MX-SPOS:typing:

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 19:23:12 »
I acquired a Wang for £10, and wanted more info about it ;-)

I was already "Bat**** Insane" about keyboards (To quote my manager), with Model M's being brought into work after £5 POS rubber dome's got smashed from the top of the warehouse roof after yet another typo (Similar to ironcoder's experience).

Most people stay away from the back counter now, as the Model M "lurks" there to attack the unwary with weak fingers.

I saw the Forum would be right up my street, and now, 100+ posts of Drivel later (In just over a month. It took me 6 years to rack up 700 on a tech site I frequent), I'm happy I found it.
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 19:29:16 »
Quote from: ripster;115943
I think InSanCen is a Russian Spy and I have proof.

See!  Commie Pinko.  TWO keyboards with pinkys and Cryllic lettering to boot.

****! Rumbled... now, where did I put those passports?
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 21:32:42 »
Quote from: SCTony;115910
I think it is the equivalent of the G80-11900 with black or brown switches. I need to go back and see now that I am a little more aware. Maybe I will even take my key puller. :)

hahahaha be sure to video tape their reaction and the arrest and trial :-D

Offline roaduck

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 27 September 2009, 20:33:47 »
Just stumbled on an article mentioning an "IBM model M" whilst looking up something on completeplanet and it piqued my curiosity.Subsequently I came across numerous glowing acolades for old IBM's and spotted the very comprehensive wiki model m article.

Looking down the list of model Ms to find a British layout, full-size keyboard,there was the 1391406 which seemed to be suitable.

Whilst scouring meta search engines I saw geekhack references and reviews of the 102 key keyboard.It was only a matter of getting a few quotes from B2B computer surplus sites and a big cardboard box landed on my doormat a week ago.I immediately recognised the IBM from similar ones I used college in 1981-2.I still remember my tutors - one was an ex-ICL guy and the other one was an oxford graduate and former systems analyst.Programs in those days were crazy - assembly, cobol 80, Fortran and early BASIC - fond memories.

This keyboard is spot on for me - nice and big, with plenty of feedback and no superfluous buttons.

I probably will try other mechanical keyboards but with certain stipulations.I want a firm key >55 gm ,a spring to push my fingers up, audible key activaton, UK layout and full keypad.That narrows my choice down considerably to a model F and a few others.

Importing unicomp models would be prohibitively expensive and these two fantastic products should last me decades - if I live that long
BS : IBM 1391406
Other keyboards - don\'t ask

Offline 1839cc

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 27 September 2009, 23:22:20 »
I was looking for information on NKRO although I didn't know its name. I had always contended with not having it on various old games and wanted to know why keys were blocked. That brought me here and lurked for a week.

And that's the story of how I found GeekHack.

One week later I found a Dell AT101W at a goodwill store, so I bought it and I joined the next day.
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 17:56:06 »
I remember finding an old clicky keyboard in the garbage, except, unlike any other I have seen, it had a trackball. So, I began using it on my computer and wanted to find more information on it. That's how I came here.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline TWX

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 17:54:01 »
I was looking for any info on modding my Kensington Expert Mouse Pro...  Google is your friend...
TWX
C:\>echo y|format C: /q

Offline pseudolobster

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 19:12:17 »
I was looking at model M's on ebay when I saw a 122key terminal board and thought to myself "I wonder if anyone's ever made any progress getting one of those to work on PS2"... I did a google search for the model number, found Kishy's thread, was surprised to find that the info was only a couple months old, and joined. Since then I've had a look around the site and found out there are people even more obsessed than I over mechanical keyboards, making me feel better about my addiction.

Offline msiegel

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 19:22:52 »
Quote from: ripster;123574
Dangerous logic.  The "Flat Earth Society Forum" has almost 8400 members.  That is either a LOT of trolls or our education system needs some work.

we should send webwit in there. that'd be a hoot ;D
http://www.threadless.com/submission/231672/The_Horde?streetteam=fatheed

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 19:29:54 »
Quote from: ripster;123574
Dangerous logic.  The "Flat Earth Society Forum" has almost 8400 members.  That is either a LOT of trolls or our education system needs some work.
im about to register

i heard about FES but didnt know there was a forum
this stuff is great

Bishop doesn't believe in anything he hasn't seen with his own eyes. Which one would imagine limits his capabilities in day to day life.
On the other hand, I suspect he believes everything he does see. In which case he must think David Copperfield is possessed of amazing godlike powers. Because everything your eyes show you can be trusted, right Tom?

to maintain their theory, they also say that sustained spaceflight is impossible, that anything more than a few seconds of microgravity on film is just as fake as the moon landing

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 07:22:36 »
I hope they are a bunch of trolls.  Either that, or they are a bunch of people that like to a take a running joke a long way.

If not, well...

Offline JBert

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 08:51:19 »
It started by reading a post on Coding horror, appropriately titled Have Keyboard, Will Program.

After some reading, I was researching the ins and outs about the Das Keyboard. Googling for it led me here because quite a lot of people here were mentioning transposition errors. So I chose to stay away from the Das after all and just lurked here for interesting keyboard tips.

Reading some more about mechanical keyboards, I started digging for those few Cherry G81 I spent my youth on. Those weren't really interesting. After a little while though, I ran into buckling spring discussions and how those keyboards made noise. I remembered my dad once brought home a barely working IBM PC XT and how fun it was as a kid to mash all those keys down and give the impression you were doing some serious business.

I registered here soon after when Chloe started a review about a disassembled model F PC/XT. The rest is history.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 17:21:59 »
I came across an article at benchmarkreviews about mechanical keyboards and at XtremeSystems.org, which reminded me about the keyboards of old.

So I went and was researching about different models, since my own keyboard is slowly dying and came across this place.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 17:50:35 »
Quote from: webwit;123953
I was also researching different models and googling for quality action, nipples and double shot, and somehow geekhack was corrupting the results.

That is so bad. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 October 2009, 18:05:49 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 01:04:01 »
I think I was looking for a model M USB conversion.

I wanted a SDL cable with the USB adaptor inline for maximum tidiness.

I ended up buying $100 in keyboards and going.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 08:02:20 »
Quote from: webwit;123953
I was also researching different models and googling for quality action, nipples and double shot, and somehow geekhack was corrupting the results.

This is classic.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 12:35:20 »
It's only laser-etched keys for me now.

Offline elbowglue

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 15:53:56 »
I was also lead here by the thread on the Das Keyboard transposition error issues...
My keyboards: Filco Cherry Blue Tenkeyless(daily home), Compaq MX11800 (modded to blacks), Compaq "MX 84u",  Wellington\'s Dampened Endurapro, Pinkalicious Filco Blue Cherry, Chicony KB-5191, Chicony KB-5181, Desko MOS 5023 UP "elbowglue" spos (modded to blues), Siig Minitouch (monterey blue), SMK-88 (blue cherries), Ricercar SPOS
Smallest to biggest keyboards in inches (Length X Height) - Length is most important for a midline mouse position

KBC Poker: 11.6 x 3.9 - HHKB: 11.6 x 4.3 - Siig Minitouch (Geekhack Space Saver): 11.6 x 6 - Deck/Tg3 82: 12 x 6 - Noppoo Choc Mini 12.4 x 5.3 - Compaq "MX 84u": 13.1 x 7.5 - Filco Tenkeyless: 14 x 5.3 - Cherry "ricercar spos" G86-62410EUAGSA: 14 x 7.75 - Topre Realforce 86u: 14.4 x 6.65 - Desko "elbowglue spos" MOS 5023 UP: 14.5 x 8.4 - IBM Model M Spacesaver: 15.3 x 7 - G80-1800: 15.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-125B: 16 x 7.3 - Compaq Mx11800, Cherry G80-11900: 16.25 x 7.5 - Filco Standard: 17.3 x 5.4 - Unicomp Endurapro: 17.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-135B: 18.3 x 6.0 - Cherry G80-3000: 18.5 x 7.6 - IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer: 19.3 x 8.27

Offline msiegel

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 09 October 2009, 18:40:22 »
i found this place by scouring the web... i had poured a glass of water into my model m space saver and it stopped working :( after giving it CPR and open-heart surgery, i pronounced it dead and sent it along to a buddy of mine. the people here were supportive, and i'm glad it happened, because it started me on this whole journey :)

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller