Author Topic: Random Mechanical Keyboard Discovery  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Cake_Eater

Random Mechanical Keyboard Discovery
« on: Sun, 06 September 2009, 21:24:17 »
I was up at my Uncle's house this weekend for a bit of a family get together and, while upstairs, I stumbled into his sort of rarely-used home office. Looking around I saw a bulky keyboard at the desk. After testing it out to confirm that it was mechanical, I flipped it and saw that he had a Dell AT101W along with the original accompanying desktop and monitor.

(I'm also fairly jealous of this fact because that 10-ish year old keyboard was more of a joy to type on than the ABS M1 I'm using right now; damned keyboard squeak...)

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 September 2009, 22:07:27 »
Rather sad that you can buy a keyboard that old in an original unopened box for less than the cost of the ABS M1...
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 September 2009, 06:28:25 »
What's so sad about that? The better one's cheaper. Isn't that a good thing?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS