Author Topic: [IC] GMK JAGS | GB July 24th, Pricing added, Prototypist added as UK Vendor  (Read 58507 times)

Offline Ayeinw

Re: [IC] GMK JAGS | 40s support now in base
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 03:15:02 »
Love this set! Would love to see a render on a black board but not necessary. Can't wait to see this enter the GB stage :)

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 21:23:31 »
I really like the hangul, i hope we have base kit based on that

I don't think a second base kit would be too successful. I am neither a high profile enough designer, nor do I think that type of thing would have enough universal appeal to meet moq.

I think you are a smart designer though.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 01:22:21 »
i love gray & this is super nice!

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:43:55 »
There is more Alice-Layouts than 40's and still some runners prefer not to include second B in base kit smh

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:45:56 »
whats the reason to have second b in the base if you still need to buy the space bars anyway?

Offline KucherenkoZZZ

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:55:17 »
whats the reason to have second b in the base if you still need to buy the space bars anyway?

Actually no. Decent kitting like Handarbeit R2 or Hazakura has all alice spacebars (including 2U) and second B in base kit. But even if there were no spacebars i still can use "0 Ins" keycap from numpad to cover my alice but its hard to find something to cover a second B.

The real question is: What's the reason to include 40's support in a base when 40's community is small af. I mean im okay with a separate kit for it, but not on a base kit, today there is over a 10 popular alice clones on a market and some runners still thinking that this is a minority that needs to buy a separate kit LOL its just driving me crazy when i see this. The hell with a spacebar but second B is a must in 2021 for any base kit

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 19:57:47 »
There is more Alice-Layouts than 40's and still some runners prefer not to include second B in base kit smh
Actually no. Decent kitting like Handarbeit R2 or Hazakura has all alice spacebars (including 2U) and second B in base kit. But even if there were no spacebars i still can use "0 Ins" keycap from numpad to cover my alice but its hard to find something to cover a second B.

The real question is: What's the reason to include 40's support in a base when 40's community is small af. I mean im okay with a separate kit for it, but not on a base kit, today there is over a 10 popular alice clones on a market and some runners still thinking that this is a minority that needs to buy a separate kit LOL its just driving me crazy when i see this. The hell with a spacebar but second B is a must in 2021 for any base kit

Sorry that I was unable to provide you with decent kitting, though I'm pretty sure you could technically cover an Alice board with just a base kit by leveraging shifts and the numpad 0s. I am opting for 3-key 40s support in the base kit because I think it kind of sucks to make 40s users buy an entire separate kit, from which they will probably only use a few keys, on top of a base kit. At least in this way users of these layouts can get physical coverage (some layouts will have incorrect legends in quite a few places, but compromises have to be made) for their boards in a kit that they are going to be purchasing anyway for comparatively low cost. For reference, I'm not a 40s user; I don't even like the layout. All that being said, there is still a chance that I move the second B to the base kit. I'm pretty sure there is a message mentioning that on the previous page.

Taking this reply as a chance for some general updates:
I am working on getting some more renders done. I've had some requests for other board colors, so I'm trying to get those along with some polycarb renders done. Unfortunately, it's taking longer than I'd like due to midterms, other university stuff, and just being bad at rendering in general.
The search for vendors is going well, and I hope to bring an update announcing them soon.
But yeah... I think that's about it for now. I appreciate all the comments/feedback.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 March 2021, 20:12:11 by illusixn »

Offline nicx

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 20:31:17 »
Really loving this color way, count me in.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 19:19:14 »
Oh this is lovely, but I would need UK ISO.

Happy to have 1.5u Supers (and extra 1u Alt) in an extension kit. I would miss them in an R5 kit though.

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 11:57:10 »
I need this
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline MelonBred

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 21:41:21 »
happy to see 40s compat in base!

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
Re: [IC] GMK JAGS | Vendors Announced
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 08:50:51 »
Added a couple renders of the set on polycarb and black boards, and added the current list of vendors. Group buy date is not yet set in stone, so I can't say anything about that yet.
I am working on getting a couple of collabs to go along with the keyset. Among these, I would like to have a couple Rama artisans, but according to the info they have on their collaboration page, I cannot contact them until I have a GB date set.

Glad you guys are liking the set!

Really loving this color way, count me in.
I need this

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 08:54:03 »
Yes it's like a mix of the Modo and the Modolight Which makes it a Modomid :)

I like it!
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 01:17:36 »
Yes it's like a mix of the Modo and the Modolight Which makes it a Modomid :)

I like it!
Quasi-Modo?

Offline jokanevad

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 04:21:19 »
Such a dope kit. Would love to see an international kit added aswell.

Offline prettydouchebag

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 10:40:13 »
This is SUCH a clean set.

Almost makes me not regret missing out on the last round of MoDo.

GLWIC

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 09:32:23 »
Such a dope kit. Would love to see an international kit added aswell.

Thank you, but there are no plans for an international kit this time around.

Offline AshF

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 07:17:07 »
I'll buy it...but I won't be entirely happy without it!

I will curse your name every time I use the '£' / '$' / '#' / '@' signs - just so you know!

GLWIC > GB

Offline thethatthem

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 01:31:29 »
So good! Colors go so well together… looking forward to picking this up

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 14:18:04 »
Have a month in mind for this?

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 17:24:42 »
Have a month in mind for this?

Honestly not even sure if I can share yet since I've only been given a "tentative date", but I'll definitely provide updates as I get them.

Other news: Waiting on quotes, but not sure how long it will take because I have no idea how productive GMK actually is (especially considering recent news of delays). I'm making progress on getting a RAMA cap as well. Excited to share future developments as the come in.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 18:13:11 »
No worries. Just excited things are moving. I’d love a Rama cap.

Offline Flazion

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 06:10:13 »
I love a nice gray set.  Excited about this one!

Offline Entity.

• Entity#1234
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 06:38:41 »
will be picking up both base and alphas! love this  :thumb:

Offline jpjoseph12

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 02:19:38 »
Love it, definitely in. Hope there is a UK vendor added as well!

Offline thejje

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 18:16:17 »
would it be a sin to ask for a deskmat

Offline tngpq

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 23:13:22 »
Very nice. Hope hungul sublegends remain as UV printed.

Offline The_Runz

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 20:16:41 »
I'm in

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 20:20:37 »
Please consider the hangul kit to be in the base instead, or make the hangul kit a base. Thanks.

Offline Yuinth

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 10:22:18 »
Caught my eye with the colors and made it a must buy with the addition of R5.

GLWIC &GB

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 17:44:11 »
Please consider the hangul kit to be in the base instead, or make the hangul kit a base. Thanks.

Highly unlikely for this to happen. Kitting is more or less final with the possibility for minor tweaks based on quotes, if GMK ever decides they want to send them. The double base kit trend is really only viable with sets that have a high chance of selling an insane number of units.

Very nice. Hope hungul sublegends remain as UV printed.

Pricing permitting, the kit will definitely stay as is.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 June 2021, 17:47:31 by illusixn »

Offline tngpq

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 02:05:18 »
saw that GB is starting on July 24 on zfrontier. Not another set in July that I have to pick up....

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 11:53:18 »
Important update: The IC post has been updated with pricing of kits and the GB for JAGS will begin on July 24th.
RAMA renders and a proto pic of the Keebstuff collab have also been added to the post for you all to take a look at.
Sorry for taking so long to provide an update. It took a while to get quotes and info back from GMK and other collaborators.

Hopefully people feel pricing is reasonable, but there is only so much we can do when working with MOQs like this. Going forward, if I ever venture into keyset design again, I'll probably slim down base kitting in order to get prices as low as possible. I'll also revise some of my greedy kitting decisions (mainly R5 and the extension kit), as these were mostly just me trying to get all of the things I personally wanted in a keyset made.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
Re: [IC] GMK JAGS | GB July 24th, Pricing Added
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 20:16:46 »
glwgb!

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 20:30:29 »
Ramas look great

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 21:08:16 »
A refreshing take. Definitely interested in this set.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 04:34:04 »
Hopefully people feel pricing is reasonable, but there is only so much we can do when working with MOQs like this. Going forward, if I ever venture into keyset design again, I'll probably slim down base kitting in order to get prices as low as possible. I'll also revise some of my greedy kitting decisions (mainly R5 and the extension kit), as these were mostly just me trying to get all of the things I personally wanted in a keyset made.
Personally, I think the kitting is overall good and has a lot of compatibility… this isn't a bad thing? If a super slim base kit is added, then we all end up paying more with extras child kits anyway.

The extension kit seems good to me. I do not think it is greedy at all. It could have extras keys… I mean, you could move some of the base kit stuff into here (like Zambumon kitting eg. GMK Purple Night, GMK Serika 2) but imo, this is fine either way. I'm just happy to get 1.5U Code keys in it as they were missing in the R5 kit. My HHKBs will be happy.

Good luck with GB. I am personally looking forward to it.

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
Good luck with GB. I am personally looking forward to it.
Glad you're looking forward to it.
___

I've added a chart to show vendor-specific pricing, so people can have a better idea of what that will look like.
Prototypist has also been added as a vendor for the UK. Big thanks to Jae for agreeing to run the set on such short notice. Hopefully, this makes the set more easily accessible for our UK community members.

This will be the last update until the GB thread is posted. Thanks for the comments and feedback until now.