Author Topic: What's The Warranty Period On Filco's ?  (Read 132470 times)

Offline Dirty Bint

What's The Warranty Period On Filco's ?
« on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:42:28 »
Hi,

Does anyone know what the warranty period is on Filco keyboards purchased from The Keyboard Company and delivered to a UK address, mines bítched like a witches tit?

Dirty Bint
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2013, 07:44:57 by Dirty Bint »
I\'m so filthy, I\'m disgusting.

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
Re: What's The Warranty Period On Filco's ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 03:37:11 »
Hi Dirty Bint.

It's a One Year Return to Base Warranty.
Let me know if I can help.

Bruce

Offline Dirty Bint

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 08:09:45 »
Hi Dirty Bint.

It's a One Year Return to Base Warranty.
Let me know if I can help.

Bruce

That's unfortunate, the keyboard is just over 2 years old and it's bítched. I aint buying no more of them at £110 per poke that's for sure.

Supposed top end keyboard costing over a ton with one year warranty, tell me this is a wind up cos I aint laughing !!

You would not get away with this in mainland Europe with such a bítch warranty.

Dirty Bint
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2013, 08:12:13 by Dirty Bint »

Offline Bruce

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 10:52:40 »
What is broken on it? There's not a component in there we can't replace or fix.
If it's a Maj 1 with main PCB problems it is often not worth fixing but apart from that I'm sure we could help.
Bruce

Offline Dirty Bint

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 09:31:30 »
What is broken on it? There's not a component in there we can't replace or fix.
If it's a Maj 1 with main PCB problems it is often not worth fixing but apart from that I'm sure we could help.
Bruce

It is a Filco Majestouch 1, the board is either not typing the W character or it is typing multiple WWW characters

Offline Bruce

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 07:41:28 »
If you want to send it in, we can usually fix that. It will be the pins under the switch, still soldered to the tracks but the track is moving on the PCB.
Andy here does a pretty good job on them that involves opening up the case, finding the problem, fixing it and sending the keyboard back to you. It shouldn't be more than about £30. Email returns for more info.

Offline Dirty Bint

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 07:32:31 »
If you want to send it in, we can usually fix that. It will be the pins under the switch, still soldered to the tracks but the track is moving on the PCB.
Andy here does a pretty good job on them that involves opening up the case, finding the problem, fixing it and sending the keyboard back to you. It shouldn't be more than about £30. Email returns for more info.

Bruce,

I could return it but considering the cost of postage and repairs and my lack of confidence in the product it is not worth it, same thing could happen to another key(s) at a later date. I think I just copped for a ***** Friday afternoon model. I might wait until them Miata Quiet Mini Pros are available in UK layout and get one of them from you if there are any decent introductory offers floating around for forum members.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 06:01:37 »
You have been a little unlucky on that one, Maj1 did suffer from that a little hence the Maj2 and it's custom PCB. But I still have a few Maj1 from the very first batches all working nicely. Usually if that was going to happen it happened quite early and then things settled down.
As one of our long standing, loyal customers if you want to send it in I will ensure it is fixed nicely for you and I'll see we keep cost to a minimum - which we always try to do anyways.
Matias Quiet is going to be excellent mind.

Offline Calytrix

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 06:29:21 »
1 year? Resellers here in the Philippines only offer 1 week replacement warranty.  :( I was about to get one til I found out about the warranty.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 11:19:51 »
I lol'd hard at this thread.

"There's some corner of Geekhack, that is for ever England"
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 17:34:12 »
Little bit of an old thread - like 2 years old :eek:

OP hasn't logged in for about 6 months, and hasn't posted for nearly 9 months.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline llinfeng

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 16:56:13 »
An update, or a old news. I feel obliged to key-in the following info as this page is among the first few pages that I hit through Google.

Flico, the manufacturer, does not handle warranty claims for products that they ship overseas. How on earth should they revoke all pieces of warranty!

Source: https://www.diatec.co.jp/en/aboutus.php#DI

Here goes THE QUOTE:

Warranty is valid only when the product is purchased and used in Japan.
If the product is brought outside of Japan, it will void your warranty including paid repairs and after sales service.
When the product is purchased outside Japan via international FILCO authorized distributors or sellers, warranty will be subject to the terms of the local seller.
Paid repairs and after sales service are also responsibility of the local seller.

-- From someone who got the 150USD Flico Bluetooth keyboard just go dark within 4-month of purchase. Amazon offered a full refund, thankfully.

PS: In my mother tongue, this is called "甩锅". Please append with English idiom which means: pushing off one's own responsibility to someone who is innocent.

Offline ag36

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 14:19:19 »
Haha, I am Chinese so I understand what you're trying to say but warranty are most handled by the vender in the UK but the good thing is you don't have to deal some manufacturer's awful service if you brought from somewhere reputable. By the way actually Filco(diatec) is the sole distributor of many keyboards in Japan so they handle other brand's repair there.
Model M*5, SSK*4, M13 black*1, Model F XT*1, AT*1 F107*1, Unicomp*1, 3278 *1, Leopold FC750R*2, 980M*2 FC980C*1 Filco majestouch 2 TKL*1, Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT*1, Uniqey Q100*2, Ducky pocket*1, KBD75*2, KBD19X*2, HHKB pro 2*1, Type-S*1 Topre Realforce RGB*1, 108 all 30g*1, numpad*1, 87U*1 Dell AT101W*2, Alps64*2, V80 matias quiet click*2, Quiet liner *1, WYSE ASCII *1