Author Topic: PCB Mounted Switches on Poker 2  (Read 1644 times)

Offline xAznxStylezx

PCB Mounted Switches on Poker 2
« on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 18:15:49 »
Hi,

I've recently modded my Poker 2 to ergo-clears. The switches were harvested from a Deck Legend which is also plate mounted, but used PCB mounted switches.
I have since used the same PCB mounted switches without cutting the legs on my Poker 2 because it had holes for the legs.
I was wondering if using PCB mounted switches with the plate on the Poker 2 is better or worse than just using plate mounted switches/cutting off the legs?

Thanks.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: PCB Mounted Switches on Poker 2
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 18:30:55 »
I would assume that keeping the legs would add more stability, but I could be wrong.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 03:56:57 »
I would assume that keeping the legs would add more stability, but I could be wrong.

Correct. If anything it adds more stiffness to the PCB+Plate assembly.

Offline xAznxStylezx

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 17:47:33 »
Cool, thanks. The same what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if there was something specific about plate mounted switches. Was wondering why they would use plate mounted switches on the Poker 2 if it had holes to accommodate the legs of PCB switches.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 17:51:15 »
Cool, thanks. The same what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if there was something specific about plate mounted switches. Was wondering why they would use plate mounted switches on the Poker 2 if it had holes to accommodate the legs of PCB switches.

My guess is that it is cheaper or easier to assemble.