Author Topic: Best way to source a pointing stick to upgrade Unicomp EnduraPro?  (Read 1098 times)

Offline bcg

Everytime I go to use the pointing stick on my EnduraPro it drives me mad because everything else about the keyboard is pretty much perfect.

I really want to replace the pointing stick with a real Trackpoint that actually works well but I'm not sure of the best way to source one.  If I'm not mistaken the miniguru used the trackpoint and controller from an IBM rubberdome which would be great except they don't seem cheap or easily available.

There are some M4-1 space saver boards on eBay that seems like they might be a good possibility but I wouldn't be excited about tearing it apart just for the stick.  Also the keys look like they are low profile so I'm not sure the size would be right anyhow.

There are lots of Lenovo boards out there too with Trackpoints, so I presume with some digging it would be possible to find replacement parts ... but again the low profile key thing seems like it might be a problem.

Am I overthinking this?  Will any old laptop stick work fine on a Model M?  If anyone has experience with this I'd really appreciate any "pointers"  (sorry couldn't resist) :p
:wq!