Author Topic: [IC] Out of the Vault - Overseer Idea Generation Thread (All Done...)  (Read 100292 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] Out of the Vault - Overseer Idea Generation Thread (Ideas Welcome!)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 19:37:31 »
Okay, I have a nutty idea:

What if I do a single colorway with the new Vault 111 legend, but run a GB with 3 options: SA Row 1, SA Row 3, and DSA? Anyone is free to purchase any one or more of each profile, mix and match; or whichever profile strikes the fancy. I will do my best to have renderings next to each key on the both the GB OP and in the order form to minimize confusion.

What do you all think? Good idea, or bad idea?

Gauging by lack of response, it must be a bad idea.

Meant to respond earlier but accidentally closed tab and lost track of time. It wouldn't be a bad idea but I feel like people want more options in terms of what's on the keycap. Looking at previous posts it seems the Red Mini Nuke was a hit. I say come up with a few ideas and make a kit out it, maybe only 4-5 designs but you could then have profile options as well. There may be moq issues but the fallout dsa sold rather well.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 19:52:30 »

What if I do a single colorway with the new Vault 111 legend, but run a GB with 3 options: SA Row 1, SA Row 3, and DSA? Anyone is free to purchase any one or more of each profile, mix and match; or whichever profile strikes the fancy. I will do my best to have renderings next to each key on the both the GB OP and in the order form to minimize confusion.

Meant to respond earlier but accidentally closed tab and lost track of time. It wouldn't be a bad idea but I feel like people want more options in terms of what's on the keycap. Looking at previous posts it seems the Red Mini Nuke was a hit. I say come up with a few ideas and make a kit out it, maybe only 4-5 designs but you could then have profile options as well. There may be moq issues but the fallout dsa sold rather well.

Perhaps I did not explain it well enough.

Each key will have its own MOQ. If you look at how I did the DSA Nuka Colas they were sold in individual quantities and were not a set of keycaps. My idea for this would be the exact same, the only difference is that there will only be variation between profiles. So, people can choose any of the following:

SA Row 1

SA Row 3

DSA

Each will stand on its own. I would give equal opportunity for each key profile type in one Group Buy. To my knowledge, this has never been done before. If necessary I will run a stand alone IC for this concept to see who would be interested.

As for sets, I don't think I will be doing sets unless I do a complete set of Vaults in the same color each set with no variation color-wise.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 20:02:26 »
It would be nice but could get expensive, I'm sure there are others but I usually like to buy the majority if not all the options in anticipation for other sets that could calibrate with it, it each keycap was around the DSA round's pricing then I don't believe it would be too bad then.

Offline breitling

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:14:18 »

Do you mean you'd only do the Vault 111 legend and not the Fat Man or other Vaults? I personally would love to see larger packs like your cancelled GB, but realistically I would probably buy any/all of them... and in all profiles, SA R1, R3 and DSA since I have keysets in all of those profiles and regardless of colorway too since I love Fallout but of course I would prefer something that either matches Fallouts colors or the colorways of keysets I already have.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:25:12 »

Do you mean you'd only do the Vault 111 legend and not the Fat Man or other Vaults? I personally would love to see larger packs like your cancelled GB, but realistically I would probably buy any/all of them... and in all profiles, SA R1, R3 and DSA since I have keysets in all of those profiles and regardless of colorway too since I love Fallout but of course I would prefer something that either matches Fallouts colors or the colorways of keysets I already have.
I think what he's saying is that every keycap (within reason) has a chance to be made as long as they meet their MOQ and that he won't make it so that you have to buy a set as someone may only want one keycap. Right now he's focusing on 111 but the ideas proposed by others have a chance of being made should they have enough interest.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:27:19 »

I admit that the Series III in its previous state would have been insanely complicated to do...so I am trying to keep things simple going forward. I thought it would be cool to offer the Vault 111 across the two platforms for fans with both keycap tastes. The single legend will require two new legend fees, but once done in both profiles, I will be free to run them again later...I think I will post up an IC soon with clarity as to what my goals would be in the next one.

Again, I am thinking of saving the Mini Nuke for a completely different GB series more related to modern warfare and not necessarily Fallout only...

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:31:25 »

I think what he's saying is that every keycap (within reason) has a chance to be made as long as they meet their MOQ and that he won't make it so that you have to buy a set as someone may only want one keycap. Right now he's focusing on 111 but the ideas proposed by others have a chance of being made should they have enough interest.

Well, chances are good that all keycaps will meet the MOQ criteria as referenced in the DSA Nuka Cola GB. Single keycaps make it easy for people to buy many of them, plus I am considering just $3 a key with no GB fee this time. That way if less make it, the keycaps can be made with out me having to pay out of pocket. So, for example, a person buys one of each profile it would be $9 plus applicable shipping, and another wants 3 DSA keycaps, he would pay the exact same as the other guy. MOQ should be no problem at all, plus everyone is happy with regard to profile preferences. Win win, I think.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:42:25 »

Well, chances are good that all keycaps will meet the MOQ criteria as referenced in the DSA Nuka Cola GB. Single keycaps make it easy for people to buy many of them, plus I am considering just $3 a key with no GB fee this time. That way if less make it, the keycaps can be made with out me having to pay out of pocket. So, for example, a person buys one of each profile it would be $9 plus applicable shipping, and another wants 3 DSA keycaps, he would pay the exact same as the other guy. MOQ should be no problem at all, plus everyone is happy with regard to profile preferences. Win win, I think.

I think this may be the best possible approach, moq should be hit and everybody gets the profile/design they desire. I really like the idea, it has my vote but then I'll probably end up almost every option. :p

Offline 01111000

Re: [IC] Out of the Vault - Overseers Edition: Vault Pride
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 11:50:56 »
I don't have any suggestions but I'll be buying them regardless.

Same here.  Thanks for running this again, OP.
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 22:12:52 »
Yeah, I am in for whatever. Hell I bought 3 each of the DSA Nuka's and I have zero DSA sets in use.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 22:15:53 »
Yeah, I am in for whatever. Hell I bought 3 each of the DSA Nuka's and I have zero DSA sets in use.

But aren't they cool to look at...I love how the Quantums turned out

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 01:12:57 »

Hahaha, yeah. I threw one of the Quantums on my Esc key for a bit but it was too weird. Still looked awesome with that green glow behind it though. I am still in mourning over missing out on R1 Nuka.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2015, 05:32:59 by Xenocidal »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 07:08:06 »

Hahaha, yeah. I threw one of the Qauantums on my Esc key for a bit but it was too weird. Still looked awesome with that green glow behind it though. I am still in mourning over missing out on R1 Nuka.

Me too...

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 19:47:47 »
How about a 77 with a little hand puppet if possible...  would be a great vault addition

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 20:34:25 »
I cant wait for this GB! :p

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:10:55 »
How about a 77 with a little hand puppet if possible...  would be a great vault addition
The puppet part might be too hard to implement but I'm all for a 77 key

Offline Pdub

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 12:56:23 »
I love the bomb idea. Not just for OOTV but more like a ww2 themed idea.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 15:02:10 »
Do you think we can create a cap with a BOS or Enclace helmet but make the eyes of the cap translucent so light can be seen through it?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 19:00:29 »
Do you think we can create a cap with a BOS or Enclace helmet but make the eyes of the cap translucent so light can be seen through it?

That would be a triple shot which are really only seen in handmade caps. I'm 99% sure Signature Plastics can't make that happen. Great idea thought.

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:12:21 »
I liked how the ones from before were being made to match certain sets, I'll be getting some of these regardless but i did like the idea.

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:13:37 »

That would be a triple shot which are really only seen in handmade caps. I'm 99% sure Signature Plastics can't make that happen. Great idea thought.

Is it possible to get someone to create caps like this? Like Katz, binge, etc? Or just someone with the ability to make caps

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:46:01 »

Is it possible to get someone to create caps like this? Like Katz, binge, etc? Or just someone with the ability to make caps

That would be up to them. I am 2D 2x all the way...no 3D designs here...

Offline XavierRayne

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 21:58:04 »
Relatively new to the mechanical keyboard scene, but super excited about the idea of getting my hands on some Fallout-themed keycaps! Count me in!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:17:11 »
As this is an idea generation thread: how about modifier keys? Row 3 control/capslock (1.5u) and/or row 3 enter (2.25u).

Offline mrgoldenzombie

• Topre is cool I guess....
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 00:30:50 »
I'm kind of salty... I placed an order for the caps (nuka cola caps) and they never sent an invoice and I never got them :( I'd like to join this when the GB goes live
O-Ringed Black RealForce 87u  | O-Ringed Novatouch with Miami PBT

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 03:16:50 »
I could use a Tab key that has a Pipboy design/logo!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 09:21:27 »
I'm kind of salty... I placed an order for the caps (nuka cola caps) and they never sent an invoice and I never got them :( I'd like to join this when the GB goes live

Which GB?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 09:23:00 »
As this is an idea generation thread: how about modifier keys? Row 3 control/capslock (1.5u) and/or row 3 enter (2.25u).

No out of the question but how popular would they be?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 09:23:57 »

Unfortunately,  Pip Boy is trademarked.

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:20:47 »
Rats.

Offline mrgoldenzombie

• Topre is cool I guess....
Re: [IC] Out of the Vault - Overseers Edition: ABS SA Row 3/Row 1 Vault Pride
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:00:23 »
Just an idea...  A cap the says 'Out of the Vault'?  or other words like: 'NUKED' or 'RAD'?

Thanks!

MaNiFeX
Off topic but I really like the way the back light comes through behind the keycaps

I think a keycap with a mini nuke on it would be pretty sweet, maybe in red as a form of the delete key.

Mini-Nuke mock up added to OP. It's not red, but instead is Nuclear Data Green. Maybe a red variant?

I like it, the reason why I thought of red is that I use the red bomb from Granite DSA as my delete button. I always like Nuclear Data but could never get my hands on a set.
(Attachment Link)
O-Ringed Black RealForce 87u  | O-Ringed Novatouch with Miami PBT

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: [IC] Out of the Vault - Overseers Edition: ABS SA Row 3/Row 1 Vault Pride
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:37:42 »
Just an idea...  A cap the says 'Out of the Vault'?  or other words like: 'NUKED' or 'RAD'?

Thanks!

MaNiFeX
Off topic but I really like the way the back light comes through behind the keycaps

I think a keycap with a mini nuke on it would be pretty sweet, maybe in red as a form of the delete key.

Mini-Nuke mock up added to OP. It's not red, but instead is Nuclear Data Green. Maybe a red variant?

I like it, the reason why I thought of red is that I use the red bomb from Granite DSA as my delete button. I always like Nuclear Data but could never get my hands on a set.
(Attachment Link)

And...

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:11:28 »
Haven't been to active in this thread the past week or so, have you thought of any designs for a G.E.C.K. cap yet?

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:21:05 »
Could we have a cap with the Lucky 38 Casino logo on like a beige cap? I'd also be down for a face of the Yes man cap on a translucent cap of the same color as the image that I have below

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:22:35 »
Could we have a cap with the Lucky 38 Casino logo on like a beige cap? I'd also be down for a face of the Yes man cap on a translucent cap of the same color as the image that I have below

Lucky 38 will not be done since it would be based on someone else's IP.

As for Yes Man...not sure.

Offline pryedthirdeye

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:11:21 »
Definitely interested in a vault 101, 111 and red nuke cap.
clicky clicky

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:56:55 »

Lucky 38 will not be done since it would be based on someone else's IP.

As for Yes Man...not sure.
Would a Yes Man cap be too hard to make because of the thin lines in the design?

Offline Thisismyjob

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 19:56:14 »
I would definitly be into getting a set of these! I am also currently in the market for Nuka Cola and other Fallout themed key caps.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 21:56:03 »
I would definitly be into getting a set of these! I am also currently in the market for Nuka Cola and other Fallout themed key caps.

Better look to classifieds for Nukas because they will  not be made again

Offline Thisismyjob

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 01:08:43 »

I am hoping that someone in the future may decide to produce a set, though I would be happy vault keys for sure!

I'm tempted at this point to get a 3d printer or learn how to work injection molding.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 07:06:56 »

I am hoping that someone in the future may decide to produce a set, though I would be happy vault keys for sure!

I'm tempted at this point to get a 3d printer or learn how to work injection molding.

We are putting together an IC for Vault 111 and Mini Nukes right now. We hope to have it up by week's end.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 10:35:00 »
We are putting together an IC for Vault 111 and Mini Nukes right now. We hope to have it up by week's end.

Excited!  :D

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 10:45:58 »

What about just the Pip Boy thumbs up?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 10:49:50 »

Possibly...thanks for the support of the idea. It bares repeating here and so I have added to OP.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 10:58:03 »

Possibly...thanks for the support of the idea. It bares repeating here and so I have added to OP.

Glad to hear it's a worthy idea.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 10:59:38 »
I think my last question went unnoticed.

Haven't been to active in this thread the past week or so, have you thought of any designs for a G.E.C.K. cap yet?

There hasn't been design updates for quite some time, are you focused on just getting these designs made or still open to ideas?

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 11:00:24 »
Power armor helm?

Offline Thisismyjob

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:00:11 »
What do you think about doing a transparent orange/yellow key with the standard radiation symbol on it? I think it would look great in place of the esc key, especially on back lit boards.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:45:28 »
What do you think about doing a transparent orange/yellow key with the standard radiation symbol on it? I think it would look great in place of the esc key, especially on back lit boards.

Possibly. Reminds me, I need to see if Samwisekoi will let me use his legend...

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:48:09 »
To those interested and watching this thread, I just started the IC for the next Group Buy: Out of the Vault - Junktown Keys: Vault 111 and Mini Nuke (SA and DSA)