Author Topic: New website selling Topre keyboards to Europe!  (Read 49248 times)

Offline Topkeydirect

• TopKeyDirect
New website selling Topre keyboards to Europe!
« on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 14:22:12 »
Hey Geekhack,

I'd like to announce www.topkeydirect.com, a new website selling Topre keyboards at fair prices to the European market.

I started this website after becoming annoyed at the high prices for Topre, due to a lack of competition in the European mechanical keyboard market. I determined to sell the products at a lower price, leveraging volume instead. Currently we only sell the HHKB Pro 2 and the Realforce 87U in Europe, but in the future we plan to expand to new products (including keycaps) and new continents.

If you have any suggestions for products or how to improve the site, either leave a comment here or email admin@topkeydirect.com. We greatly appreciate all feedback. Also, if you want to be notified with a (rare) email when we expand into new product lines or continents, enter your email at the bottom of the landing page of our site, or email admin@topkeydirect.com with the title "subscribe".

Thanks, Topkeydirect

EDIT : Sorry guys I'm taking the website down for now. Turns out I didn't have some legal stuff which I didn't know about. I'm working on getting all the legal stuff right now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 02:25:10 by Topkeydirect »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: New website selling Topre keyboards to Europe!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 14:29:20 »
Wrong subforum but it'll get moved.

Have you been in the MK community before this? :-[

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 15:34:00 »

On his website, it says he got into the Topre world 3 months ago and bought the RF87! Good choice!  ;)

Best of luck with the website~

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Topkeydirect

• TopKeyDirect
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 16:40:13 »

On his website, it says he got into the Topre world 3 months ago and bought the RF87! Good choice!  ;)

Best of luck with the website~

I've been spotted. I'm just getting the word out, but Geekhack will always deserve an announcement :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 20:49:24 »
Great news for Europe!

If only we had something similar down here.

Also, any chance of coloured RealForce keycap sets?  Rumour has it that they are no longer produced at all by anyone, so hopes are not high.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 23:58:08 »
Great news for Europe!

Also, any chance of coloured RealForce keycap sets?  Rumour has it that they are no longer produced at all by anyone, so hopes are not high.

Poor aus and nz, we don't get much stuff at all, and when we do get something, its for a crazy price.

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:50:14 »
Great news for Europe!

Poor aus and nz, we don't get much stuff at all, and when we do get something, its for a crazy price.

PCCG was selling RealForce for a crazy low price about 6 or 7 years ago, but has stopped selling them at all by the time I decided I wanted one.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 21:10:40 »
Great news for Europe!

PCCG was selling RealForce for a crazy low price about 6 or 7 years ago, but has stopped selling them at all by the time I decided I wanted one.

PCCG stocks a huge range of keyboards it's amazing, We have one or two occasion Topre boards for sale online, most of them are overpriced as hell, I've seen a 87U a while ago for $450 I think it was? Stock 87U that is

$100 more then what a new one will cost + shipping.

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 19:44:00 »
Great news for Europe!

PCCG stocks a huge range of keyboards it's amazing, We have one or two occasion Topre boards for sale online, most of them are overpriced as hell, I've seen a 87U a while ago for $450 I think it was? Stock 87U that is

Warranty, but.

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 20:44:00 »
Great news for Europe!

Warranty, but.

The $450 was for a second hand 87U, and it was originally bought in Japan, not sure if that means anything for the warranty though.
I haven't spotted any brand new Topre around here, only the Realforce RGB is all.

Leopold FC660M MX Blue