Author Topic: RO-59 SuperLube GB  (Read 50095 times)

Offline jenggo

Re: RO-59 SuperLube GB
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 08:02:29 »
Goose Keyboards

Jan 23

to me
Kinda, we packed everyone except for 1 person. We just need to place our return address on packages and then work on getting them shipped out. I'm not sure when we'll have everything out at this point as our schedules are staring to pick up with school work.
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline unmuscular_michael

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 21:58:24 »
2 months later, still hasn't shipped.
What's going on?
Feel like I shouldn't have joined this GB, there's someone selling 5mL vials of RO-59 for $5+shipping on discord now.

I can't seem to find the right discord. Any help?

Offline Faux

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 15:47:56 »
Packages are getting picked up later today, plan to be shipped tomorrow. Waiting on getting back from the EU proxy so those will go out when we get the confirmation.

We offer ours unmixed since it offers you more freedom on what ratio you want to work with. Also, you get more lube. If you make a 1:1 mixture, 5ml of lube becomes 10. We apologize for the unacceptable delays. This should have been shipped out at the end of December as planned. Hopefully we can wrap everything up cleanly and quickly.

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:07:44 »
Packages are getting picked up later today, plan to be shipped tomorrow. Waiting on getting back from the EU proxy so those will go out when we get the confirmation.

We offer ours unmixed since it offers you more freedom on what ratio you want to work with. Also, you get more lube. If you make a 1:1 mixture, 5ml of lube becomes 10. We apologize for the unacceptable delays. This should have been shipped out at the end of December as planned. Hopefully we can wrap everything up cleanly and quickly.

thanks for the update! looking forward to making some zilents with this. Do you have a suggested ratio for linears?
Searching for the OG shine

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:39:56 »
So according to the manufacturer specs. If we got it in our hands today it would now have about 10 months shelf life left?

10 months or less. We don’t know exactly when it was produced.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline Faux

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 20:18:53 »
While moving the packages for shipping, we discovered some packages that we missing vials. We're now going through all packages and making sure that they have the correct amount of vials. In the mean time, customs forms for international packages have been completed.

Offline Faux

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 20:20:14 »

thanks for the update! looking forward to making some zilents with this. Do you have a suggested ratio for linears?

We suggest a 1:1 ratio of lube to water and then working from there, changing the ratio until you get what you desire. Be sure to let it cure.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 02:57:11 »
Be sure to let it cure.
For how long?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Sylvestyeo

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 07:23:39 »
Have a question... What does it mean when the lubricant expire? Since it's premixed and has no water elements what's there to expire? I'm not aware of any active additives in silicone based greases.

Generally for most expiry of lubricants, it's for purposes of 'intended' performance...

Also a shelf life of 1year is really fast? I know preserved foods to last longer than that! Lol

If someone could shed some light or check with the manufacturer, that'd be fantastic. More importantly, how will the lubricant perform after 1 year? Does it harden up and become unusable? Or does it just reduces the efficiency of reducing friction?

So many questions on expiry of a non perishable product!

Offline Faux

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 23:12:29 »
Be sure to let it cure.
For how long?

For a couple of hours out in the air.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 02:47:50 »
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 04:24:58 »

I sent an email asking about picking up some extras but got no response. How do I get in on this sweet RO-59 buy?

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 17:51:23 »
There will be extras at Goose Keyboards at some point.

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 08:19:59 »
im confused as well about the shelf life. Will our lubed switches not "work" anymore after a year? or do we need to relube every year?

Thanks!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 13:21:26 »
im confused as well about the shelf life. Will our lubed switches not "work" anymore after a year? or do we need to relube every year?

Thanks!

the lube will still work as far as i am aware

it's just that the raw lube doesn't keep for more than a year
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 15:15:38 »

Thanks!

the lube will still work as far as i am aware

it's just that the raw lube doesn't keep for more than a year

cool thats what i figured. thanks!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 09:01:25 »
While moving the packages for shipping, we discovered some packages that we missing vials. We're now going through all packages and making sure that they have the correct amount of vials. In the mean time, customs forms for international packages have been completed.

Any new info on when these will be shipping out?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline pxlnght

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 08:47:51 »

Any new info on when these will be shipping out?

I am also curious. This lube is the last thing I need for my build, I'm getting a bit antsy after 2 months of delays...

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 11:12:54 »
Last update was 10 days ago.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 12:55:47 »
Last update was 10 days ago.

An update and some movement on the shipping would be appreciated.

Please keep in mind that you are sitting on a product with a limited shelf life...

Offline Faux

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 23:40:47 »
Shipment to the EU proxy went out today. Expect to receive those packages soon when they arrive in the UK.

CONUS packages and all other int packages should be going out in the next couple of days

Due to logistics, it will be most likely too difficult to provide shipping tracking (wrote this while tired rip)  to each order.

Again, we apologize for the delays and hope that the packages get to everyone asap.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:44:13 by Faux »

Offline hgoel89

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:20:01 »
Have all the international orders shipped out now ? I want to know if there is a tracking number available for my order to India.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 10:49:18 »
CONUS packages and all other int packages should be going out in the next couple of days

Will you be updating this thread when shipping is complete?
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 10:54:32 »

+1
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Faux

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 19:24:13 »

+1

Yes, I will be updating this immediately after shipping is complete. Should be soon.

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:16:08 »
SoonTM

Offline Faux

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 20:19:10 »
All CONUS packages have been shipped out today. We are working on a way to get tracking numbers to everyone, although you might receive the package before we figure out tracking numbers. We'll update again when the remaining international packages are shipped.

As always, if you have any issues with your order (maybe you didn't get the right amount of tubes. We tried our hardest to make sure this doesn't happen, however, there's always a chance.) feel free to contact us at support@goosekbd.com and we'll try to get back to you.

Offline spaztikolon

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 15:42:46 »
UT checking in. I was starting to lose faith since I joined Pearl after this and got the Pearl first. I checked the mail today and was pleasantly surprised to see the lube. While delays are never fun, I appreciate you running the GB. Thanks!

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 19:02:52 »
Received my order as well. Looks like I'll be doing some of my own testing tonight.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 00:36:35 »
Just received my lube, looks like it is already mixed with some water. Will do some testing soon!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:35:31 »
Received mine yesterday. 

It does look very "liquidy" already. 
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:55:30 »
Any news on the EU proxy orders?

Offline AlexG

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:34:32 »
Anyone else get a smaller size than they paid for? Mine looks mixed as well. I thought we were getting it unmixed?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:48:24 »
I got my 3 vials of really watery milk looking stuff... I cant imagine this requires more water? I'm a little confused i guess.  :confused:
-Dana

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 19:23:09 »
I cant imagine this requires more water? I'm a little confused i guess.  :confused:

+1
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 19:34:30 »
I got my 3 vials of really watery milk looking stuff... I cant imagine this requires more water? I'm a little confused i guess.  :confused:
How to apply RO-59tmKT the proper way
1. Clean target surface
2. Brush on RO-59 so surface is covered, but not so much that puddles are created
3. Air dry until liquid evaporates. Paperwork says 30 minutes, but can take ages depending on the humidity
4. At this point, there are two options:
    a. Heat at 65C for 3 minutes. This can be done with things such as a hairdryer
    b. Air dry for another 1-2x the time it took for the liquid to evaporate.

RO-59 should be stored out of direct sunlight, and should be shaken once a week to prevent sedimentation. Unapplied lube expires 1 year from manufacturing.

**These instructions came from a friend on discord, not myself  :) **
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 19:40:04 »
1. Clean target surface
2. Brush on RO-59 so surface is covered, but not so much that puddles are created
3. Air dry until liquid evaporates. Paperwork says 30 minutes, but can take ages depending on the humidity

RO-59 should be stored out of direct sunlight, and should be shaken once a week to prevent sedimentation. Unapplied lube expires 1 year from manufacturing.

Thanks for the instructions, but what I'm trying to figure out is if  we really need to add extra water?   It's already so "liquidy".
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 19:46:34 »
1. Clean target surface

Thanks for the instructions, but what I'm trying to figure out is if  we really need to add extra water?   It's already so "liquidy".
I'm assuming the RO-59 in this GB isn't pre-mixed, so you should mix water in it.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline AlexG

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 20:14:01 »
I paid for the largest option and received the smallest.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 01:05:32 »
try putting water on a switch stem... you'll see that it doesnt coat anything, it just pools up in the creases and a small spot on the face of the plastic. This isnt going to work. I have applied and reapplied a few times on a few switches but I have very little confidence this is going to do anything.
-Dana

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 09:55:24 »
try putting water on a switch stem... you'll see that it doesnt coat anything, it just pools up in the creases and a small spot on the face of the plastic. This isnt going to work. I have applied and reapplied a few times on a few switches but I have very little confidence this is going to do anything.

I had a similar issue during my testing with a 50/50 water and lube mix. It doesn't really feel like the lube made a difference with the switch. I want to say using a pure lube solution had better results with both linear and tactile switches but my experiment was mostly inconclusive. Perhaps we're just not applying the lube properly. I used the same watercolor brush I used for thick and thin krytox mixes but it didn't work out that well, like you said.

Would anyone with proper RO-59 application experience like to chime in :)

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 11:47:26 »
1. Clean target surface

applying several coats will give you better results with this type of lube

and I think this stuff is pre-mixed... it seems much thinner than normal
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 16:46:49 by dubious »

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:43:00 »
1. Clean target surface

applying several coats will give you better results with this type of lube

and I think this stuff is pre-mixed... it seems much thinner than normal

I can experiment with applying several coats today. And it would be a problem if this is premixed since OP clearly stated it will not be. Then again I can't confirm because I've never used this kind of lube before.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:13:36 »
yah it might not be premixed, I don't want to misinform anyone... It just looks realllllly thin :/

Offline Faux

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 14:29:12 »
The lube itself is not premixed. We haven't added anything to it. That's just how it naturally is. We still found that adding water and multiple coats helped it.

As for the sizes, we originally ordered two different size containers for the lube. However, the smaller containers started leaking, so we switched everyone over to the large size. The difference is now that if you ordered a large size, your vial was filled completely. If you ordered smaller quantities, your vial was filled to represent how much you ordered. The quantity of lube, over the size of the container, is a more accurate way to check that you got your amount.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 14:37:24 »
The lube itself is not premixed. We haven't added anything to it. That's just how it naturally is. We still found that adding water and multiple coats helped it.

As for the sizes, we originally ordered two different size containers for the lube. However, the smaller containers started leaking, so we switched everyone over to the large size. The difference is now that if you ordered a large size, your vial was filled completely. If you ordered smaller quantities, your vial was filled to represent how much you ordered. The quantity of lube, over the size of the container, is a more accurate way to check that you got your amount.

thanks for clarifying.

I'll try 1:1 ratio on my switches tonight

Offline hgoel89

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:25:39 »
All CONUS packages have been shipped out today. We are working on a way to get tracking numbers to everyone, although you might receive the package before we figure out tracking numbers. We'll update again when the remaining international packages are shipped.

As always, if you have any issues with your order (maybe you didn't get the right amount of tubes. We tried our hardest to make sure this doesn't happen, however, there's always a chance.) feel free to contact us at support@goosekbd.com and we'll try to get back to you.

Any update on international shipping ? When can I expect a tracking number ?

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 15:34:41 »
Any news on the EU proxy orders?

EDIT: Got in contact with mechboards, they should be shipping out today!
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2018, 10:29:05 by Blackhawk »

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 07:20:27 »
Anyone else besides me in the US waiting for their order to arrive?

Offline romchique

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 11:21:30 »
I'm. But I no longer want to wait, especially since the product has a limited shelf life.