Author Topic: [Engineering Prototype] BladeMaster keyboard comes here to gather ideas  (Read 42034 times)

Offline Fiona

Hi, guys. I am very excited to tell you our first prototype of Drevo BladeMaster keyboard(not on the market yet). I want to gather feedbacks and ideas about this prototype to improve the next one.

On the concept stage, I have been visiting various forums everyday to add some features that you really want. Before jumping to the production stage, I definitely need more about your opinions to make the final product meet your expectations.

If you are interested, I will update the post constantly and share the product stages with you.
PS:the videos were filmed by my phone and hope you don’t mind the video quality(camera frequency flashing).

Imgur Album:https://imgur.com/a/JKmyO

ATTENTION!
UPDATE 1
We have added the function ‘programmable feature’ to the control dial of our BladeMaster (Both Pro and TE version)
Before posting this article, We’ve already arranged some shortcuts to the control dial of BladeMaster. But we found that you want a DIY control dial so badly, so our engineer decided to add programmable function to this control dial. With this function, you can customize keys even macros.
Let me show you an instance: When you are playing PUBG, You need to press different Number keys to use bandage, soft drinks or to change weapons. It’s easy to press the wrong button and that will hugely affect your gaming experience. Now with ‘programmable feature’ function, you could program all those operations into our control dial. And you can rotate or push dial to achieve some actions like using the bandage, changing weapons to improve your efficiency.
We’ll preset specific shortcuts in our Drevo Power Console for 10+ TOP games (such as LOL, PUBG, Battle Field 1, Far Cry 5 and so on), of course, you can also customize some new shortcuts by yourself.

UPDATE 2

I saw you guys love the** kailh box switches**, We will release a Pro(wireless version) with BOX switches.

Would you mind tell me which color of Kailh BOX switches you love best?

UPDATE 3
Many of you guys want the FULL METAL VERSION We will release the full metal version on Kickstarter at the end of this month. Customized for you, but only small quantity with a high price.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 April 2018, 02:58:00 by Fiona »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: [Engineering Prototype] BladeMaster keyboard comes here to gather ideas
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 03:28:10 »
This is a personal preference but i really don't like the floating design of the keyboard. But what can i say i am not a guy that's interested in RGB gaming gear.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Fiona

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 04:46:59 »
Thanks for sharing you opinions with me. It is true, a lot of persons like the simply keyboard.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 06:02:41 »
Where is TP4??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 07:09:09 »
It looks like a very contemporary gaming keyboard from 2015-2020, visually similar to dozens and dozens of other keyboards on the market right now. It is not very stylish — quite the opposite. The angular corners and the glossy finish on the sides make it look cheap. Do at least change the side finish to matte, preferably matching the metal plate.

The only thing that really sets it apart is the wheel on the side. Before I watched the video I thought the wheel on the side would have been to control the feet. There are a couple of vintage keyboards that have feet with controls in exactly that position but on both sides, and you didn't show the right side in any of the images or in the video.

I would let the wheel be a volume control by default. Press it for Mute or Play/Pause.
Media keys/controls with a volume wheel/roller decides purchase/no purchase for a not insignificant amount of costumers: It is a feature you often see requested on forums. And... you very seldom see a volume control in the tenkeyless form factor.
That would be much more useful than a control for the backlighting. Most people set the backlighting once and then don't fiddle with it except for setting up different profile for different games.  Don't make this a lost opportunity!

It would also be cool if it could be configured as a Dial control, like the Griffin PowerMate, Microsoft Dial, or the dial on the Logitech Craft which is also in the top/left corner ... but then I suppose that customers would prefer a smooth wheel with a rotary encoder instead of what you have now.

Do make sure that all basic functions for backlighting and basic controls can be set up on the keyboard itself.
Do make software that would switch to different colour profiles for different games: that is why people want backlighting in a gaming keyboard.

The keycaps are well.. not more than OK. I think the digits should be lit up first, the shifted legend second.
At least you are using a standard setup with 1.25 u modifiers, so that they can be replaced easily.

Is there a cable channel on the bottom? Is the cable removable? USB Type C connector is popular now even for USB 2.0 devices such as keyboards.
If a cable channel, make it come out at in the centre and in each corner, facing back not (just) straight left and right.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 07:11:33 by Findecanor »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:17:13 »
I won't buy it for two reasons:
  • Spamming the forums to get people interested in it.
  • Looks like a cheap Chinese keyboard with no innovation.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:23:59 »
Findecanor has some good ideas. I especially like the volume/mute knob. Lighting is not interesting to me, but I was thinking that if the knob controlled that, it would be very annoying to accidentally change it while moving the keyboard on my desk.

How close is the knob to the desk when the feet are folded down? I use my keyboards in the flat configuration to avoid staining my wrists.

One way you could differentiate your keyboard from the millions of black on black ones out there would be to use two-tone keycaps. Maybe a red modifiers/white alphas or blue/white scheme would be good. Also, PBT plastic keycaps is a valuable selling point. Almost no one likes key caps that get shiny.

Good luck!

Offline Fiona

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 23:32:42 »
@Findecanor
Hey, thanks for sharing these with us.

The video shows the angular corners is not finished yet. and after reading your advice, we will change the side for next prototype version.

The wheel’s function has already set up. It is a multifunction rotary switch, you can use it to control the volume, the light, the shortcut key,etc, even the computer window switching.(I didn't mention all functions of the wheel) .But can’t control the feet. 

The dial control is a good idea, I will let our products team know it.

The basic functions for backlighting and basic controls can be set up on the keyboard it self, the keyboard can storage some sets you set up on software.
And the each switch color mode you can reset on the software, and storage in the keyboard.

The blade master Pro version support USB typeC(detchable)/ bluetooth4.0/2.4G three modes, with the CHERRY MX RGB switches(red,sliver,brown,blue) The blade master TE version is usb typeC(detchable) with Gateron switches. And the keys are all standard setup.

It has the small cable channel in each side.

The Dial control you mentioned is cool ,If the next prototype use some ideas of yours, I will let you know. And say thanks through our official ways.