Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 832 times)

Offline CapC

Hey everyone
« on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:08:27 »
Hi guys,

Excited to join!  ;D

I've been lurking around the "Making Stuff Together" forum for a few months now.  I'm just another geek who loves his boards and technology in general.  I work in the IT industry and recently made a transition from a development role to a solutions architect role.  I also am developing a few frameworks for a startup that I am a co-founder of.  Needless to say I spend quite a bit of time with my boards.  Probably more than I should, but what can I say, I'll take any excuse.

My daily driver alternates between an HHKB and a Filco Maj2 TKL though since getting my HHKB the Filco doesn't honestly see a whole lot of use, but it was my first real board and has earned a special place in my heart.

At night I enjoy some of my other hobbies.  I started playing table top fantasy games some years ago, and got into modeling and casting my own miniatures.  Though I haven't actively played tabletop games in several years, I still enjoy the painting and modeling.  The last month or so I have started playing around with designing some of my own caps.  Thus I thought I would join the boards to become a more active participant in the community and start a hobby thread or something of the like.

Anyhow, glad to be here, hope I can keep learning a lot and maybe even share a few tips or tricks I've picked up along the way.

Happy hacking!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:09:05 »
Welcome to GH CapC!

My HHKB has a tendency of making me neglect my other boards too
That's really cool you cast your own miniatures - you should take a look at the Making Stuff Together thread and see how people have put their casting knowledge towards keyboards!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:19:51 »
Welcome! My first board was a Filco TKL too haha, definitely getting less use as I start to build my collection.

Really wanting to try Topre though. I have clears, blues, and browns, and the curious side of me just needs to know. I guess the same goes for buckling spring :P

Can't wait to see how your experiences translate into sculpting keycaps, be sure to keep us posted!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:21:11 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A very good solid couple of keyboards you have started with :)

How can one not use keyboards enough?  I wish I had more time to play with my keyboards.

After a quick look, I don't think we have a miniatures thread, but this one, What do you collect?, is probably as good as, so feel free to post pictures of your models there :)

Unless someone can find a more appropriate thread ...

There's also a rather dated thread about MechWarrior/Battletech Thread!, if your miniatures are in that universe.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ