Author Topic: ZillaKong  (Read 1945 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
ZillaKong
« on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 12:04:55 »
Pretty decent. 

Thought it got a little tooo basic in terms of plot, buhhhh the pace was overall solid.

Your Thoughts ?

Also NE1 else watch SuperIntelligence w/ Melissa McCarthy ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: ZillaKong
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 22:31:38 »
Just watched, Bliss 2021 and Chaos Walking 2021,  Both surprisingly decent, well better than the reviews would have you believe.

Chaos Walking
, honestly IDK how they spent 100Million, the CGI looks great, but there wasn't so much of it to justify that price tag.  Overall the plot would've worked better for a TV show with more development, perhaps that's where it's going. They can easily spin this off into a new and very interesting colony show.

Bliss, this is a weird 2 worlds drama. Overall a pleasant trip. It made just enough sense, not perfect sense, JUST ENOUGH sense,  in the context of the movie, that's the perfect amount. :D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 20:55:42 »

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 03:49:01 »
I like ZillaKong too, though I'd rather liked it more had it focus more on Inui girl and how she ended up with the Rebecca Hall character, and perhaps that maternal bond between them, instead of mere conversations about it. Also, thought that Millie (whatever the crap her name is) role was rather superfluous and would have preferred if her character was written out. Instead, a little more time could have been spent to flesh out certain characters......overall, still liked it but plot was so very meh.

Also watched Chaos Walking, found it decent enough, had a suspicion what had happened in that all men town and found out my suspicions were spot on at the end. Anxiously awaiting Dune, but that's another 6 months of waiting, assuming it's release date would not be pushed back yet again.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 04:27:16 »
I didn't like it. I stopped watching it at some point, just couldn't...
Felt like pretty stupid movie, maybe its just me. Same was for all avengers an super heroes movies in last 10 years - I just stopped watching this kind of movies. Silly movies for kids.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 07:46:12 »
I didn't like it. I stopped watching it at some point, just couldn't...
Felt like pretty stupid movie, maybe its just me. Same was for all avengers an super heroes movies in last 10 years - I just stopped watching this kind of movies. Silly movies for kids.

Adults can still enjoy jolly rancher, even though it's really for kids.

Gotta retract the analytical mind sometimes.

EXCEPT when it comes to veggies.  100% Veggie, 100% the time.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 11:51:24 »
I haven't watched Godzilla vs. Kong yet, though I very much plan to. Always love seeing giant monsters beat the crap out of each other as a massive spectacle in a film, it's just cool.

My only statement, without having yet watched the film, is that I think that Kong's gonna win if they go the route of even having a clear winner. He won in the old-school classic, and I think he'll win here (unless the film was made by a Japanese studio, I've not seen who made it yet. US studios tend to like Kong more, Japanese ones definitely prefer Godzilla because he's a national icon.). Sure, it doesn't make logical sense that "Big M O N K E" beats "Walking Nuclear Reactor Lizard," but it's all in good fun.

Offline mikestah

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 12:00:48 »
I actually really ended up liking ZillaKong. All I really wanted was to see the winner with my own eyes, and it delivered a pretty great action experience. Although I'll agree they could have fleshed out characters more, for me they didn't need to. Solid movie 9/10   :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 18:18:22 »

When Godzilla Drills into the earth with his beam to hit the throne room DEAD CENTER like he did

Assuming that space is ~100m wide, at a depth of 6,357 Km, Godzilla would have to have an angular precision of about 1/10 of   +/- 0.000451°

Vibration alone would blow that tolerance