geekhack Community > Keyboards

abs m1

(1/1)

sivart:
I have had my m1 for about 3 weeks now, and recently the space bar decided to not work.
 I've tried taking it off looking around seeing if something was wrong that I could potentially get an easy fix off of, but to no avail.
 I wanted to know if any of you have had similar problems or know a fix to mine.

( new to mechanical keyboards & I really like the keyboard i'm just in over my head I think (: )

erricrice:
I dunno if there is a quick solution to the problem, but I know someone who had the same problem with his with the spacebar and he just RMAd it.  If you can't fix it(the guys here will know what to do lol) then you can RMA it and get a replacement no problem.

itlnstln:
If you take the cap off and press the stem of the switch, does it work?  If not, you can switch the internals of the switch with something like pause/break and try that (you can find instructions for Alps switches, in general, in the mods section).  If swapping internals doesn't work, then you might want to try RMAing it since there could be any number of reasons why it might not work.

sivart:
Alright, gonna try swapping them out in a minute & ill let you know how it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version