Author Topic: GH - DotA2 players  (Read 255681 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: GH - DotA2 players
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 14:51:51 »
****ing Dota AI is so good it even actively steals last hits from you when you are farming and they are playing support in the early game. It's so frustrating I can't even play bot games anymore. I don't know what to do to get better.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #901 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 14:53:28 »
just play normal games? what are you trying to improve exactly? why are you still playing bots?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #902 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 14:54:38 »
just play normal games? what are you trying to improve exactly? why are you still playing bots?

I've not played dota in about 7 months and I wasn't really that good to start with. I want to improve so I don't piss people off in games.

The last experience I had playing real people were both MMR calibration games which I abandoned because I was playing so badly.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #903 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 14:58:30 »

I've not played dota in about 7 months and I wasn't really that good to start with. I want to improve so I don't piss people off in games.

The last experience I had playing real people were both MMR calibration games which I abandoned because I was playing so badly.

well it depends on your goals I guess but if you want to raise your MMR after calibrating then you will mostly end up playing mid or safelane carry. If you are looking to play a specific role like support or carry then you need to decide that. Or you can play all positions in general.

I started out carry in solo games. When I play with my friends I was forced to support because they all wanted to carry. Now that I'm a much better carry I play mid/safelane when I que with friends. When I'm trying to raise MMR I also play carry and only occasionally go support if my whole team is picking carry.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #904 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 15:17:22 »

well it depends on your goals I guess but if you want to raise your MMR after calibrating then you will mostly end up playing mid or safelane carry. If you are looking to play a specific role like support or carry then you need to decide that. Or you can play all positions in general.

I started out carry in solo games. When I play with my friends I was forced to support because they all wanted to carry. Now that I'm a much better carry I play mid/safelane when I que with friends. When I'm trying to raise MMR I also play carry and only occasionally go support if my whole team is picking carry.

I'm not bothered about raising my MMR. I never used to play ranked games but I just thought it might be useful to get my MMR rating to see how terrible I was. I don't mind playing any role, I like some support heroes, I like some carry heroes, but of course I like to carry more. My favorite hero is KOTL though, so I guess I should play more support.

I should just take it on the chin, expect the criticism from the people I end up playing with and just play with some ****lords online instead of bots.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #905 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 15:30:36 »

I'm not bothered about raising my MMR. I never used to play ranked games but I just thought it might be useful to get my MMR rating to see how terrible I was. I don't mind playing any role, I like some support heroes, I like some carry heroes, but of course I like to carry more. My favorite hero is KOTL though, so I guess I should play more support.

I should just take it on the chin, expect the criticism from the people I end up playing with and just play with some ****lords online instead of bots.

Depending on how low your mmr ends up being, it may be better to just mute your teammates in most cases :/
heres some basic advice

support: carry a tp always (tp to save lanes/help). Try to make sure at least ONE ward is up at all times. Don't ever take last hits unless you are one creep away from your item (let the carry know) or there is no way the carry is getting it. Sometimes you have to die to let the carry escape (you shouldn't feel guilty about ignoring this if the carry dove too hard or got caught out of position). Pulling creeps: if you dont stack the pull camp then when you pull the lane will push, if you stack the pull camp or pull the wave to 2 neutral camps then you are stopping your lane from pushing. Stack camps in general.

Safelane carry: last hit. go into jungle when the lane is pushed and farm. farm ancients when you get strong enough. usually you are the guy who when it gets to 30min should start wrecking everyone if the game hasn't ended. pay attention to missings (you are the gank target). Do not feel pressured to gank or rotate early.

Mid: be better than the other mid. Get levels/farm. Don't try to gank every time someone asks for a gank because 90% of the time the kill won't be secured and youll lose a ton of exp while the enemy mid is just happily gaining a lead over you.

theres obviously more to say. Stay up to date on items. Suggested items dont always fit the meta.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #906 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 18:47:32 »
Three games played, three losses.

Not ****ty losses, but decent losses.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #907 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 09:38:22 »
Three games played, three losses.

Not ****ty losses, but decent losses.

decent losses are good :)!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #908 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 15:10:41 »
Anyone in the UK/EU wants to play some dotes? I can queue on US servers as well.
Just chill games will be nice, doesn't have to be ranked :D
My steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082843504/
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #909 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 15:13:38 »
Anyone in the UK/EU wants to play some dotes? I can queue on US servers as well.
Just chill games will be nice, doesn't have to be ranked :D
My steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082843504/
Like right now? I'm a little rusty but I could have a go
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #910 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:58:30 »
Is anyone else going to be at ESL One New York?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #911 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:46:24 »
new dota patch is out just in case you didnt already know. some pretty big nerfs  to annoying heroes :o

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #912 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 12:02:44 »
new dota patch is out just in case you didnt already know. some pretty big nerfs  to annoying heroes :o

Not enough Blood Cycka nerfs. Volvo plz.

Also, my display drivers keep crashing about 5-10 times a game. Sometimes its so bad my PC freezes and I have to restart. Anybody else get similar issues? It's only started since I've been forced to play the New Bloom version.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #913 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 12:26:47 »

Not enough Blood Cycka nerfs. Volvo plz.

Also, my display drivers keep crashing about 5-10 times a game. Sometimes its so bad my PC freezes and I have to restart. Anybody else get similar issues? It's only started since I've been forced to play the New Bloom version.
You getting the same error as godz?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #914 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 08:32:29 »
Nah, it's just a regular driver error. I had my cards in Crossfire which I thought was the issue but I took them out and it still happened. :(

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #915 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 01:30:55 »
anyone here doing trades? been looking around for a Blade of Demonic Vessel for abaddon for a while now  :(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #916 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 08:58:18 »
anyone here doing trades? been looking around for a Blade of Demonic Vessel for abaddon for a while now  :(

I have for some stuff up for trades but I don't have that item you're looking for though..  :(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #917 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:51:41 »
I actually might have that. I can check when I get home and have time.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #918 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:11:43 »
i trade off mostly for hero items i dont use or bet it in dota2lounge. I mostly use carries so i collect those and trades with my support items. just ask if you find anything in my inventory that you like and if its not too valuable to me, i should be able to trade it np  :cool:
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #919 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:25:01 »
i trade off mostly for hero items i dont use or bet it in dota2lounge. I mostly use carries so i collect those and trades with my support items. just ask if you find anything in my inventory that you like and if its not too valuable to me, i should be able to trade it np  :cool:

Nevermind, I have cloak and prey of the demonic vessel but no sword.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #920 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:58:48 »
no worries. just taking a shot. hehe... Thanks!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #921 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 17:53:59 »
Well the new patch hasn't changed the meta much. Although I did see a Medusa played today. BH and Undying ar both really boring heroes IMO. Really passive heroes who don't really have much of a chance of turning a fight, and other than BH ganks, they don't create much either.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #922 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 19:59:37 »
WAIT.

ARTEEZY IS BACK IN EG.

**** YOU ARTOUR.

Offline Prezz

• xD
« Reply #923 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 20:46:56 »
Well the new patch hasn't changed the meta much. Although I did see a Medusa played today. BH and Undying ar both really boring heroes IMO. Really passive heroes who don't really have much of a chance of turning a fight, and other than BH ganks, they don't create much either.

WHAAAAAAAAT? I mean it hasn't changed to a new game all together but some of the most annoying heroes were nerfed ALOT. Did you watch both TI5 and ESLone?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #924 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 20:52:38 »

WHAAAAAAAAT? I mean it hasn't changed to a new game all together but some of the most annoying heroes were nerfed ALOT. Did you watch both TI5 and ESLone?

I'm watching ESLOne now. It's still QOP, Lina, BH, Wyvern, Undying, SF. Maybe a few more interesting supports, but it's not like the change after TI4 where it went from Razor/DP being the heroes to fight for, and then disappearing completely. It's still p much the same heroes over and over.

Offline Prezz

• xD
« Reply #925 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 21:18:05 »
I'm watching ESLOne now. It's still QOP, Lina, BH, Wyvern, Undying, SF. Maybe a few more interesting supports, but it's not like the change after TI4 where it went from Razor/DP being the heroes to fight for, and then disappearing completely. It's still p much the same heroes over and over.

I guess I only watched the Fnatic series of ESLone, but im excited seeing heroes like veno, brood, alch, and getting some Axe axtion and THE SHADOW OF THE BAT as I type this!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #926 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 21:47:31 »
How has QOP not been nerfed yet? Her blink is ****ing ridiculous. a shorter, targeted blink for PA is fine, but still an OP hero, however a non-targeted, 1200 range blink is fine?

It's insane

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #927 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 23:58:30 »
Will be watching The Summit tomorrow as part of my new job ^^
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #928 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:00:28 »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? What are you doing?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #929 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:01:11 »

Live updates for a mobile app.
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #930 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:01:58 »

Is it the Score?

That's really cool. Will you have to watch multiple streams simultaneously?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #931 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:02:31 »

Is it the Score?

That's really cool. Will you have to watch multiple streams simultaneously?

ya thescore. probably not multiple streams there's a bunch of people covering
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #932 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:03:11 »
also not tomorrow, oops my brain dead. meant Wednesday
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #933 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:05:39 »

That's really cool. Seems strange that ESLOne and BTS would run at the same time. Is this the dream job you were talking about before?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #934 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:06:22 »

That's really cool. Seems strange that ESLOne and BTS would run at the same time. Is this the dream job you were talking about before?

hell yeah boi I get to watch tourneys all day, use my keyboards, and get paid
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #935 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:12:04 »

hell yeah boi I get to watch tourneys all day, use my keyboards, and get paid

That's so ****ing cool man. I'm really happy for you :D And massively jealous...

Offline R1N3

« Reply #936 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 00:40:48 »
WAIT.

ARTEEZY IS BACK IN EG.

**** YOU ARTOUR.
2hard4retard

Thanks for the nü bugatti VEGA <3

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #937 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 01:03:24 »
WAIT.

ARTEEZY IS BACK IN EG.

**** YOU ARTOUR.
2hard4retard

Thanks for the nü bugatti VEGA <3

I can't stand him mayn :'(

ERREBODY GOT BUGGATI

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #938 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:42:51 »
I met iG, Secret, and a ton of casters today! I was hanging out backstage, so everyone was in casual mode and it was pretty surreal.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #939 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 21:44:57 »
I met iG, Secret, and a ton of casters today! I was hanging out backstage, so everyone was in casual mode and it was pretty surreal.

Lucky!! Get any selfies with the casters? I didn't watch any today, it's all been football focused :D

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #940 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 22:05:52 »

Lucky!! Get any selfies with the casters? I didn't watch any today, it's all been football focused :D

Yeah, I got a pictures with Slacks and Ferrari and autographs from Secret. I was hanging out with Tobi and Soe backstage, but I was trying to be cool so I didn't ask for a picture, kinda regret that now  :)) Also made friends with 1437's girlfriend, it was weird. Maybe I'll post some later on the faces of GH thread after I edit them to fix my horrible hair.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #941 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 23:48:18 »
Good to see Secret losing again XD

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #942 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 13:59:11 »
IF YALL CAN'T CATCH THE STREAM FOR THE SUMMIT CHECK OUT THESCORE ESPORTS APP TO GET LIVE UPDATES FROM YOURS TRULY

shameless plug
I love Elzy

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #943 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 14:40:14 »
IF YALL CAN'T CATCH THE STREAM FOR THE SUMMIT CHECK OUT THESCORE ESPORTS APP TO GET LIVE UPDATES FROM YOURS TRULY

shameless plug

What are you like the boss of thescore or something
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Sn0_Man

« Reply #944 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 15:03:57 »
I must say, being paid to watch Dota would be pretty nice
Pok3r w/Clears & blank PBT

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #945 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 20:43:39 »

shameless plug

What are you like the boss of thescore or something

He has a dream job. He watches esports all day and updates things. So jelly.

I think I got Dota working again :) No more crashes, it does lag occasionally, but no crashes yet. Been playing a lot off carry bot games, and even had fun with techies today in a pretty tense game :P I need to stop playing with bots though tbh.

Offline ImbaHue

« Reply #946 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 06:05:04 »

You got pm. :)

-ImbaHue

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #947 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 06:07:59 »
Sifo get me a job at the score
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #948 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 22:13:00 »
Chaos Knight is OP.

I think I might have to play some games against real people next week :P

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #949 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 23:21:28 »
Chaos Knight is OP.

I think I might have to play some games against real people next week :P

teehee, whats funny is CK is severely under powered :P You'll figure that out soon enough! Most heroes are pretty even at lower MMRs. Once the players know how to manipulate strengths/weaknesses- you can tell whos a pubstomp hero, etc..