Author Topic: GH - DotA2 players  (Read 253975 times)

Offline kekman

• quit life
Re: GH - DotA2 players
« Reply #1050 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:36:31 »
I've been trying to raise my solo MMR up

Pick KOTL

SAVE YOURSELF FROM TEAMMATES CONSTANTLY ASKING YOU FOR MANA

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #1051 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:37:28 »

Pick KOTL

I really need to watch/learn how to play him, tips?

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1052 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:54:38 »
Thanks for all the tips fellas!

Pick KOTL

This low in MMR, I noticed a lot of people run back to base and heal even when there is a KOTL or a individual with heals.

One thing I have learned from watching professionals play is mana boots, mek, greeves, urn, is a must. However, players constantly go back to base to grab their items and heal (sometimes they are full health and just go to heal mana). Even when I say politely on the mic that I have a heal (mana boots or health), the individual chooses to run back to base or be really inefficient with their time.

I've been trying to raise my solo MMR up.... (I am currently at 2.8k)

Does anyone have some tips? I have about 1500 hours in the game. I was around 3.2k-3.5k for a long time, had a time period where I took a break and when I came back I didn't care too much about MMR so I random and played whatever I like, including support  (I've learned that carries can't really carry at this low of an MMR).

I also learned ember in Ranked (I know, I'm stupid) and lost 10 continuous games in a row, one after another. Looking at Dotabuff, I typically have the highest GPM each game and farm exceptionally well (avg >=50 creeps per minute for majority of early game). Ever since I started trying to raise my MMR, I tend to play mid-lane with Lina, Shadow Fiend, and dominate my lane but doesn't always work out (feeders, carries who cant carry, supports  who try to build carry). I can also play safelane carry (Gyrocopter, PA, Jugg) but have noticed that if I'm not in the mid lane, a lot of the times the other mid will snowball and completely win their team the game.

Seem stuck in the trench here (2.8k-3k). When I was around the 3.2k-3.5k range, everyone seemed to care about MMR, supports would do their job, and team was just more coordinated in general, didn't feed or throw tantrums, fight for mid, and cared about the game. People would draft well instead of randoming or picking a jungler and greedy lineups (4-5 carries). Beginning to get annoyed with the game...

if you're playing with uncooperative teammates, I tend to pick heroes who split push well, and continuously force rotations as to avoid fights and allow teammates to farm. For some reason in low mmr trench people are obsessed with fighting even if they have lost the last 3 fights, are one man down, and have 0 items. You really have to drill it into their skulls that pushing wins the game, not jungling until 45min and getting ganked by the anti-mage who's had free farm because you never pressured lanes and then complaining about your ****ty supports.

Pick KOTL

I know I'm not trenzafeeds, but the way I've seen him play successfully is to NOT go illuminate (if you do go illuminate just use it enough so that your carries can get creep kills or help secure kills for your carry). More often that not, pub KOTL's usually steal all the farm in the lane and as a result of blasting all the creeps, usually push out the lane.

So as a result, mana leak + chakra (maybe 1 to illuminate).

For items, I've seen tranquils or mana boots, mek, and guardian greaves. Urn is good too!
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1053 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:47:25 »

Pick KOTL

I've played a fair bit as KOTL. While I wouldn't say I am the best, I think he's in my top three heroes.

I go illuminate lv1. Let's you get early ganks if needed, as well as harass on the enemy heroes. You need to position yourself to the flanks of the lanes trying to hit enemy heroes and miss the melee creeps in lane. This is easier with the new-ish side lane in the Dire off-lane, but harder on the Dire safe lane. It's easy on both the Radiant off and safe lanes as it's a bit harder for the Dire to infiltrate the Radiant jungle, although the new set of steps has made it a bit easier. Observers in your own jungles by the new steps radiant side, and the east-west steps on the Dire side makes it easy to check if there is anyone coming close to you. You can on the Dire side sit in the recesses in the trees just south of the tier 1, and still hit heroes/range creeps near the entrance to the side shop. You can hit the range creep if you must, but I use the illuminate to harass and push the lanes back if needed. Lv 1 illuminate past about 10 minutes in is pretty useless.

Mana burn isn't a very reliable stun unless you skill it really early which you really don't want to do over illuminate and chakra magic, and chances are the rest of your team are going to have point and click stuns, whereas you are literally a walking mana machine.

I go illuminate first, then chakra magic. Take mana burn at lv5 if you need to, but take Spirit Form whenever you can. As for items, I usually go Tranquils, Mek, Force Staff, Aghs, then whatever else.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #1054 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 22:36:00 »
Cheers for the recommendations guys :) might give it a go tonight. I was around 3.8 (solo) then dropped to 3.2, mostly play with friends these days though as solo queue is so so terrible in this bracket :'(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1055 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 22:43:40 »
Cheers for the recommendations guys :) might give it a go tonight. I was around 3.8 (solo) then dropped to 3.2, mostly play with friends these days though as solo queue is so so terrible in this bracket :'(

Every time you have chakra on CD, use it. But even if people say over and over, asking to get mana, and you haven't got enough to do two, do it to yourself first, then others. If you only have enough for one, unless it's an emergency, like in a team fight or during a big push, then you will be much more use doing one on yourself so you can then give out two or three rather than one and then going home somewhere.

Also be sure to use recall during your ultimate to bring people from the fountain in to the push, or a buyback to a team fight.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #1056 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 22:45:37 »

Every time you have chakra on CD, use it. But even if people say over and over, asking to get mana, and you haven't got enough to do two, do it to yourself first, then others. If you only have enough for one, unless it's an emergency, like in a team fight or during a big push, then you will be much more use doing one on yourself so you can then give out two or three rather than one and then going home somewhere.

Also be sure to use recall during your ultimate to bring people from the fountain in to the push, or a buyback to a team fight.

Makes perfect sense :) I just need to keep up the practise and start playing seriously again =)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1057 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:10:02 »
Played two games today. Abandoned both because we ****ing lost so hard. I am stuck in pub games where everyone auto-attacks creeps and tries to carry with every single hero.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1058 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:16:47 »
Played two games today. Abandoned both because we ****ing lost so hard. I am stuck in pub games where everyone auto-attacks creeps and tries to carry with every single hero.

Sounds like my tier... (2.8k mmr)

Carry mirana, carry abaddon, carry crystal maiden (that's a new one).

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1059 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:41:44 »

Sounds like my tier... (2.8k mmr)

Carry mirana, carry abaddon, carry crystal maiden (that's a new one).

I've seen Wagamama do carry CM. It's quite impressive when done right. We had an offlane Shadow Daemon today...

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1060 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 17:23:54 »
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2077557598

Pulled off somewhat of a stomp last night. Pudge pulling enemies out of the fountain while their T3 towers are still up at the 30min mark, legion with 100 bonus damage by 15 minutes, over 300 by the time the game ended, even stupider was that the LC was jungling and still managed to make mincemeat of the enemy team. Pardon my ****ty OD, I was playing way too greedy :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1061 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 18:12:45 »
Amazing. Vega just pulled out the largest Dire comeback in Dota. 32k gold deficit and had one melee racks left. Managed to win. NoobfromUA has the video of the comeback.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1062 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 20:14:04 »
rip LDs throat

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1063 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:48:50 »
alliance is back!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1064 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:51:11 »
alliance is back!

Lol. What a game. Not a fan of Alliance though  :rolleyes:
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1065 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 15:29:37 »
Don't forget EG threw to alliance to get them in.
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1066 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 14:52:54 »

Is that the final tomorrow? EG vs Alliance?

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1067 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:00:12 »

ye buddy. bo5. :)
Rooting for BabyRage aka RTC  :p
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1068 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:02:50 »

Dayum. I might lean more towards Alliance to win. They are my two favourite teams, but since RTZ's comeback, I've gone off EG.

What time is it on?

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1069 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:06:13 »

Dayum. I might lean more towards Alliance to win. They are my two favourite teams, but since RTZ's comeback, I've gone off EG.

What time is it on?

It's schedule to start at 10am. But there's been delays for the other matches. So it might start later since they're running Dota & csgo on the same stage.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1070 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:42:57 »
It's schedule to start at 10am. But there's been delays for the other matches. So it might start later since they're running Dota & csgo on the same stage.

10am in what TZ? That seems like a bit of an oversight to run them both on the same stage...

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1071 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 17:02:56 »

10am in what TZ? That seems like a bit of an oversight to run them both on the same stage...

GMT of course. I converted it since we're both in the UK. :D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1072 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 18:50:34 »

GMT of course. I converted it since we're both in the UK. :D

Ohhh, thanks :D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1073 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 06:25:54 »
stomped. that's what you get for letting them in
I love Elzy

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1074 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 09:14:43 »
stomped. that's what you get for letting them in

I'm really happy for s4 and bulldog (although he can only play 3 heroes  ^-^).
Not too fond of Loda. Call me salty but he just gives a distasteful vibe. idk.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1075 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 16:16:05 »
I didn't wake up to watch it because i was on nights last night. Tried to watch the rebroadcast on my phone and they started rebroadcasting the entire ****ing tournament...

Congrats to Alliance though. I bet RTZ was salty as **** and I hope nobody shook hands with him.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1076 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 16:17:17 »
I didn't wake up to watch it because i was on nights last night. Tried to watch the rebroadcast on my phone and they started rebroadcasting the entire ****ing tournament...

Congrats to Alliance though. I bet RTZ was salty as **** and I hope nobody shook hands with him.

Ayy not only RTZ, Sumails salty af too.  :))

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1077 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 17:01:57 »

Is he? That's kind of a shame, when talented players have a really ****ty attitude.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1078 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 17:54:14 »

Is he? That's kind of a shame, when talented players have a really ****ty attitude.

Haha, he said this "Icefrog has no idea about what hes doing with dota right now" but he apologised later on.
Guess it was just in the heat of the moment.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1079 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 17:57:37 »
Haha, he said this "Icefrog has no idea about what hes doing with dota right now" but he apologised later on.
Guess it was just in the heat of the moment.

Of course, just blame the meta for Alliance killing you 2-0

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1080 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:24:18 »
LMAO. I angered the Reddit hivemind with this one...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4291x0/secret_is_back/cz8ndk7

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1081 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 17:24:44 »

Lol, you don't trigger RTC fanboys.... esp on Reddit  :p
I like Arteezy's stream though, he's salty yeah but it's entertaining.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1082 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 17:53:05 »

But he's salty all the time. Has a ****ty attitude towards everyone he plays against, never says so much as gg and DCes before you even get to the end of the ancient death animation.

I think he's an *******.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1083 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 18:11:23 »
This game tho

Had the soul ring and recipe on the courier like 800 units away :(

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1084 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 18:17:56 »
Play a game where an enemy AM had 1.1k Last hits and we still won  :p Great times
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1085 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 19:09:41 »

But he's salty all the time. Has a ****ty attitude towards everyone he plays against, never says so much as gg and DCes before you even get to the end of the ancient death animation.

I think he's an *******.

Yeah he does that so he can re-que the next game asap.
Haha, well he does have a unique personality I'll give him that.
Who do you like though?

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1086 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 19:58:07 »
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2107435323

zeus is way too strong with all the new items now, plz nerf

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1087 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 21:08:24 »

He's only strong if you get a good start mid :D

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1088 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 23:16:34 »

He's only strong if you get a good start mid :D

nah imo as long as you just get cs with arc lightning and hang back you'll be able to get good timings on your boots and blink, then a quick aether lens after you disable boots and you're pretty much set to dominate mid game until they build bkbs, which aren't that hard to deal with tbh if your lineup doesn't suck ass

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1089 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:18:28 »
When does intentional feeding/courier feeding stop!??!!??!

I was so close to 3k, and I kid you not, I've lost 14 games in a row.

Intentional courier feeding, leavers ruining games, teammates getting shut down in lanes hard, etc.

Game is hard. Game is frustrating...

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1090 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:50:50 »

Intentional courier feeding, leavers ruining games, teammates getting shut down in lanes hard, etc.

Report. I guess the 3k-4k bracket really is potato. Everyone wants to play a certain role and if you won't give in, they'll just do stupid stuffs. @_@

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1091 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:02:45 »

tough luck man, this is why i always play with friends. even if i want to raise my mmr it's not worth getting cancer

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1092 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 07:23:57 »
I finished my calibration games... 2100MMR. LMAO.

At least I didn't get under 2k is all I can say.

Been playing a lot recently to get some levels up in my battle pass, managed to win a game as Mirana for my daily challenge when I played AWFULLY for the first 30 minutes and I thought we were going to lose, then I did alright and we won with 15 minutes to spare on the quest  ;D

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1093 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 08:26:23 »
I finished my calibration games... 2100MMR. LMAO.

At least I didn't get under 2k is all I can say.

Been playing a lot recently to get some levels up in my battle pass, managed to win a game as Mirana for my daily challenge when I played AWFULLY for the first 30 minutes and I thought we were going to lose, then I did alright and we won with 15 minutes to spare on the quest  ;D

Haha, I seldom if not rarely touch ranked anymore.
I rather **** around with my friends in a party 5.  :))

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1094 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 14:27:11 »
God, I LOVE Lion so much.

Luckily we had a Lich on our team, but also a Lycan, PA and Huskar. Huskar was going to go mid, but I said I would take it. Ended up DESTROYING the Puck in mid, not doing great on my last hits, but I used mana drain to ensure he did his disappearing thing, then when he came back I would spike and finger him. Ez mid ;)

Ended up with the dream build of Aghs, Dagon 5, Tranquils, Bloodstone and blink. Was my daily hero challenge for my battle pass too :D

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #1095 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 15:43:09 »

Luckily we had a Lich on our team, but also a Lycan, PA and Huskar. Huskar was going to go mid, but I said I would take it. Ended up DESTROYING the Puck in mid, not doing great on my last hits, but I used mana drain to ensure he did his disappearing thing, then when he came back I would spike and finger him. Ez mid ;)

Ended up with the dream build of Aghs, Dagon 5, Tranquils, Bloodstone and blink. Was my daily hero challenge for my battle pass too :D

Nice dude, what tier are you in?

I'm pretty confident I could beat a lion in mid with puck :P (unless he has been buffed or something?)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1096 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 15:47:53 »

I'm pretty confident I could beat a lion in mid with puck :P (unless he has been buffed or something?)

Well it was unranked, but I am 2.1k :(

Yeah, I was quite surprised, but the mana drain is nice to have. Having so many targeted, low cool down spells (especially with aghs finger) means morph/weaver/puck aren't quite as hard to deal with, with a Lion on your team :D

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #1097 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 16:14:39 »

Well it was unranked, but I am 2.1k :(

Yeah, I was quite surprised, but the mana drain is nice to have. Having so many targeted, low cool down spells (especially with aghs finger) means morph/weaver/puck aren't quite as hard to deal with, with a Lion on your team :D

Ah nice! damn if you played on Aus server I'd say join me.

Yeah for sure, you get smashed if they rush linkens though :(

Do love Lion though :)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #1098 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:43:22 »
Any GH'ers buy the Winter book?

Is it worth it?

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1099 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:48:36 »
Any GH'ers buy the Winter book?

Is it worth it?

Yes

Maybe. Sometimes. The new TP animation is broken. The treasures are cool and the challenges are good, if not a bit frustrating being limited to victories for the most part.

But I've had fun doing my daily challenges to be honest.