Author Topic: [IC] GMK Gunfight  (Read 16858 times)

Offline kaysoo1337

[IC] GMK Gunfight
« on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:19:36 »
A quick announcement ,I really won't find myself working on this set anymore i feel very sorry for the ones who liked it (few people xd)
In future i want to come with another design that will make me get more emotions...
Indeed this work gave me many experience ,and i really like that i had this time working on it
Thanks for all the help and kind words ,it really mean a lot for me find support <3
I will to let this IC locked ,to not forget my experience

Hello and welcome to GMK Gunfight
This set is based on old styled wild-west gunfights

Colors used in this set

Kits

Base

Novelties

Spacebars

Deskmat

Keyboard renders
Renders do not show the final product

RAMA U80-A by RAMA WORKS

TKC1800 by TheKey.Company

Dalco 959 Mini WKL by Hand Engineering

Cypher by Cable Car Design

In order to get the best content i can create, i want y'all to give me critique in the comment section !

I'm looking forward to make my set better , every piece of advice is important for me !

IC FORM

« Last Edit: Fri, 23 April 2021, 14:24:42 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Outlaw
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:20:19 »
Stuff to do:
Redesign the novelties
Create deskmat design
Work on a 40s kit (Added a 3 key 40's support to the base)
Contact Vendors
Collect feedback

Update Log:
2/4/2021
-Changed all renders to properly match cherry profile
-Fixed novelties tearing
-Got rid of the missplaced 2.75u shift
-Changed the set's name in order not to chliche Outlaw's image
(Plans):Adding more renders, collecting feedback
4/4/2021
-Changed the color scheme
-Removed Novelty kit to redesign it
-Added R3 "~" and "@";accent colored ISO enter ;accent colored numpad enter to the Base Kit
-Made renders with the new colors
5/4/2021
-Added more keyboard renders for Cypher
-Added a 3 keys 40's support into base kit
(Plans):Adding some deskmat designs, perfecting kitting based on IC's feedback
10/4/2021
-Added the novelty kit back
-Added a deskmat design
(Plans):Geathering feedback after the new update, contacting vendors
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:32:04 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:23:26 »
White-on-yellow doesn't contrast enough, imo.

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:26:35 »
had to make an april fools joke huh? you should focus on the other april fools joke you have currently running. just an after thought ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:29:47 by Baka Bot »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:31:36 »
had to make an april fools joke huh? you should focus on the other april fools joke you have currently running. just an after thought ;)
Said it like a champ.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:31:41 »
i love curious george

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:32:38 »
Jelly delights set isn't my design and technically im not running it. This one is mine
If you have any constructive criticism i'm really happy to read it...

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:33:08 »
i love curious george
Huh really looks like him xd

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:34:08 »
Not gonna comment on much cuz I’m sure others have mentioned it but have you made and/or licensed those novelties? The scaling seems stretched which slightly raises a red flag.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:37:14 »
Not gonna comment on much cuz I’m sure others have mentioned it but have you made and/or licensed those novelties? The scaling seems stretched which slightly raises a red flag.
Novelties are made by me , the size got me dumb , i agree it needs some revision. Thanks for your feedback !
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 April 2021, 09:05:34 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline Izeri

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 18:39:06 »
2x2.75u shifts. sick

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:27:50 »
This is a great april fools joke

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:49:23 »
This is a great april fools joke

Agreed

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:52:22 »
W.. wait. Do the novelties have textures?!?!

Offline azzipa

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:55:44 »
as a parent i feel entitled to suggest renaming as GMK Dirty Diaper

nsfws*
More
Mod Edit: Removed the nasty diaper pic (you can use your imagination if you like)

*not safe for weak stomachs
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 April 2021, 17:03:29 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:58:22 »
please be an april fools joke. This is the most rushed and low quality set i've seen. The renders aren't even in cherry profile
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 20:03:49 »
as a parent i feel entitled to suggest renaming as GMK Dirty Diaper

nsfws*
More
Mod Edit: Removed the nasty diaper pic (you can use your imagination if you like)

*not safe for weak stomachs

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 April 2021, 17:03:41 by HoffmanMyster »
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Owl

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 21:00:35 »
It's a real shame seeing the comments on this thread. Especially from those of you who would call yourselves fellow designers. If you're unable to give constructive criticism for keycaps then you probably shouldn't be looking at IC's period. Unwarranted negative remarks are not something that we need in this space.

OP, my thoughts on the set. First of all you have kitting, colors, and renders which is a great start for your IC so you're on the right track!

I do see some artifacting on the novelty renders. I am not sure where thats coming from but perhaps a revisiting those would be beneficial. I know of some talented SVG people in the community that could lend their hand in polishing those for you.

I am not a huge fan of the colors. I do like the idea of brown yellow and white but I think these shades don't work that well together. Perhaps something a bit more "dusty" to help set the mood.

I do like the theme but I am hoping you develop it a bit more. I would love to see some more "grit" in the theme maybe.

Good luck working on your set! the Keycap Designer Discord is a great place to get more help and resources as you plan your direction for the set. You can also reach out to me on my Discord if you need guidance on some of the process's and meta.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 21:07:10 »
It's a real shame seeing the comments on this thread. Especially from those of you who would call yourselves fellow designers. If you're unable to give constructive criticism for keycaps then you probably shouldn't be looking at IC's period. Unwarranted negative remarks are not something that we need in this space.

OP, my thoughts on the set. First of all you have kitting, colors, and renders which is a great start for your IC so you're on the right track!

I do see some artifacting on the novelty renders. I am not sure where thats coming from but perhaps a revisiting those would be beneficial. I know of some talented SVG people in the community that could lend their hand in polishing those for you.

I am not a huge fan of the colors. I do like the idea of brown yellow and white but I think these shades don't work that well together. Perhaps something a bit more "dusty" to help set the mood.

I do like the theme but I am hoping you develop it a bit more. I would love to see some more "grit" in the theme maybe.

Good luck working on your set! the Keycap Designer Discord is a great place to get more help and resources as you plan your direction for the set. You can also reach out to me on my Discord if you need guidance on some of the process's and meta.

I do agree that the community should strive towards constructive criticism, but OP did 2 alarming things:
1.- Created a project on behalf of another creator who got banned from Geekhack which is already shady, and we can't even corroborate that story he said, nor we can confirm this is not his second account.
2.- Did other IC's which failed and deleted the post.

I don't recall if he was called before because of stolen art for novelties, so I can't add that to the list, but there is a faint memory of it as well.

Also...as a fellow parent, those colors look like poop  :blank:

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 21:55:48 »

I do agree that the community should strive towards constructive criticism, but OP did 2 alarming things:
1.- Created a project on behalf of another creator who got banned from Geekhack which is already shady, and we can't even corroborate that story he said, nor we can confirm this is not his second account.

I don't recall if he was called before because of stolen art for novelties, so I can't add that to the list, but there is a faint memory of it as well.

Yes, Jelly Delights OP was called out for stock image novelties. There have also been more shady instances other than just the GH ban, including the extremely poor communication about the situation and other questions, though, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because Kaysoo is only the middleman. However, I still feel as though we should get a better explanation than OP being banned for having multiple accounts, and as to why OP would post an IC on an alternate account rather than their main account, unless they were trying to hide their previous posts. Kozify (Jelly Delights OP) was accused of being behind the GMK Witch frenzy (I can link more info if needed), which seems to stand strong because 1, both designers were called out for using stock images, and 2, that would give an explanation for the ban of Kozify (got a bad rep, created an alternate account to clear their name, which was later banned for being an alternate account). THOUGH KEEP IN MIND, all of this is speculation, and none of this is proven. Though, to further support this, we still don't know what Kozify's main account is, and why he decided to post on an alt account and not his main.

This topic is irrelevant to this thread anyways because it's designed by Kaysoo, who yes, manages the Jelly Delights IC, but that shouldn't be held against him for sets he creates alone.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 April 2021, 21:57:33 by NovaRMK »

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 22:27:20 »

I agree with everything you said in terms of recommendations, but i don't think you know the whole backstory.

He has been to the keycap deisgner discord, and rushed the set. I know this for a fact, and I can/will provide screen shots
He knew about how scuffed his novelties and renders were, and did nothing

He also acknowledges that he rushed, and he will "change" things. They have not, he just posted anyway

He was still asking about how good was the concept, TODAY

And what the hell is this? He contradicted himself in the same screenshot lol. He said he won't rush and won't post until it's ready, but here we are.

I'll attempt to find more stuff later, but i think this speaks for itself so far.

You can contact me at iinko#3028 on discord if you'd like a fast response over geekhack. You can also check the keycap designer discord if you want to verify anything, it is in the #off-topic-lounge channel.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 22:42:57 »
I don't mind any of that, an IC should be scuffed, honestly, as long as you're honest about addressing concerns.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 23:29:36 »
No

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 02:37:37 »
God, please be an April Fools set.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 03:40:33 »
no comment on the IC quality or kitting, but really the set colorway is far from the worst thing I've seen - not bad imo. does indeed remind me of curious george. i'd continue pursuing if you'd really like to make this.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 April 2021, 04:02:17 by Ustinj »

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 04:01:51 »
set itself, color-wise is not even as bad as many are making it to be. no comment on the IC quality or kitting, but really the set colorway is far from the worst thing I've seen. does indeed remind me of curious george. i'd continue pursuing if you'd really like to make this
i really agree that the realisation is bad , working on it , thanks for the kind words  :thumb:

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 05:00:11 »
2x2.75u shifts. sick
A very stupid mistake , fixed it .Thanks a lot for your feedback

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 05:07:48 »
God, please be an April Fools set.
it's not a fool (((

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 09:31:54 »
ehhhh

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 10:12:34 »
i'm bringing a knife

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 10:21:15 »

Great to see such thoughts , thanks for the kind words , i'll try my best

Offline Owl

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 10:45:49 »

I agree with everything you said in terms of recommendations, but i don't think you know the whole backstory.

He has been to the keycap deisgner discord, and rushed the set. I know this for a fact, and I can/will provide screen shots
Show Image

He also acknowledges that he rushed, and he will "change" things. They have not, he just posted anyway
Show Image

Show Image

And what the hell is this? He contradicted himself in the same screenshot lol. He said he won't rush and won't post until it's ready, but here we are.
Show Image

I'll attempt to find more stuff later, but i think this speaks for itself so far.

You can contact me at iinko#3028 on discord if you'd like a fast response over geekhack. You can also check the keycap designer discord if you want to verify anything, it is in the #off-topic-lounge channel.

Yeah I wasn't aware of all this in the background. I should be more active in the Discord for as much as I recommend it to people lol.

That being said, to OP, I am not entirely sure of what your history and situation is but I sympathize with feeling the urge and excitement to get the set out there and get feedback. Every set I have ever done, one of the most exciting parts is making that first IC post. But realize that that is just the first step of a journey. You don't have to complete a set in record time. Some people are able to get sets to GB in a months time after IC. But that's not an expectation. Take your time nurturing your ideas and developing them. Being able to sit with your ideas for awhile is a good sign that you will be able to follow through with changes and challenges along the way. And this is good not only for you as a designer who will have to handle those challenges in stride, but it's also good for your customers to see that you will stick through with it to the end for them to make sure they get a great experience. This set is an opportunity for you to make something great so I still look forward to the development.

Offline prettydouchebag

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 11:19:29 »

Yes, Jelly Delights OP was called out for stock image novelties. There have also been more shady instances other than just the GH ban, including the extremely poor communication about the situation and other questions, though, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because Kaysoo is only the middleman. However, I still feel as though we should get a better explanation than OP being banned for having multiple accounts, and as to why OP would post an IC on an alternate account rather than their main account, unless they were trying to hide their previous posts. Kozify (Jelly Delights OP) was accused of being behind the GMK Witch frenzy (I can link more info if needed), which seems to stand strong because 1, both designers were called out for using stock images, and 2, that would give an explanation for the ban of Kozify (got a bad rep, created an alternate account to clear their name, which was later banned for being an alternate account). THOUGH KEEP IN MIND, all of this is speculation, and none of this is proven. Though, to further support this, we still don't know what Kozify's main account is, and why he decided to post on an alt account and not his main.

This topic is irrelevant to this thread anyways because it's designed by Kaysoo, who yes, manages the Jelly Delights IC, but that shouldn't be held against him for sets he creates alone.

Can you remind me again what the whole GMK Witch fiasco was about? Slips my mind atm.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 12:16:24 »

Can you remind me again what the whole GMK Witch fiasco was about? Slips my mind atm.

GMK Voodoo, or GMK Witch, was a set created by esterhazy which used stock images, and when called out the person started insulting people, not listening to any advice. In return, the person completely changed the thread from an Interest check to "I can't register to geekhack because I don't know the answer of 2 of the security questions". Hella weird, right? Also, Kaysoo was the first person thanked in the GMK Witch thread, so he obviously new something.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111206.0

https://imgur.com/a/s43fNNK

Scroll halfway down the geekhack post and you'll see where someone named "Lil" reposted the IC.

https://i.imgur.com/ZSTFywg.png

^^This was ester's very last post before going dark. He likely created another account to clear his name.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 April 2021, 12:21:37 by NovaRMK »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 12:44:08 »
wow internal keyset designer drama is so boring

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 13:32:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah I wasn't aware of all this in the background. I should be more active in the Discord for as much as I recommend it to people lol.

That being said, to OP, I am not entirely sure of what your history and situation is but I sympathize with feeling the urge and excitement to get the set out there and get feedback. Every set I have ever done, one of the most exciting parts is making that first IC post. But realize that that is just the first step of a journey. You don't have to complete a set in record time. Some people are able to get sets to GB in a months time after IC. But that's not an expectation. Take your time nurturing your ideas and developing them. Being able to sit with your ideas for awhile is a good sign that you will be able to follow through with changes and challenges along the way. And this is good not only for you as a designer who will have to handle those challenges in stride, but it's also good for your customers to see that you will stick through with it to the end for them to make sure they get a great experience. This set is an opportunity for you to make something great so I still look forward to the development.

owl speaks many languages, and one of them is the language of the gods. I agree with everything you said.

Offline Izeri

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 13:38:00 »

take out that knife

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 13:43:17 »

take out that knife

lmao

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:46:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:thumb:

Offline Ram

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:56:35 »
So I decided to look a bit deeper into the kozify/ester situation and found some interesting things. To begin with this, there is a screenshot of a render Ester was trying to make that looks exactly like one of the old jelly delights novelties shown here, https://imgur.com/a/AXeBLLk and also the fact that kozify the discord account was made very recently and joined KDD the day after the gmk witch debacle, which is extremely suspicious if you ask me. This is also shown here, https://imgur.com/a/kjFlvMi. Now this on its own really would have meant nothing to me, but the fact that this was hidden feels odd to me as a whole. If we could have a direct response from Ester that would be great, because sure he messed up GMK Witch but he could have fixed it up and redeemed himself or scrapped it as a whole like he did but redeemed himself with jelly delights instead of causing the confusion and distrust because of this.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:58:51 »
So I decided to look a bit deeper into the kozify/ester situation and found some interesting things. To begin with this, there is a screenshot of a render Ester was trying to make that looks exactly like one of the old jelly delights novelties shown here, https://imgur.com/a/AXeBLLk and also the fact that kozify the discord account was made very recently and joined KDD the day after the gmk witch debacle, which is extremely suspicious if you ask me. This is also shown here, https://imgur.com/a/kjFlvMi. Now this on its own really would have meant nothing to me, but the fact that this was hidden feels odd to me as a whole. If we could have a direct response from Ester that would be great, because sure he messed up GMK Witch but he could have fixed it up and redeemed himself or scrapped it as a whole like he did but redeemed himself with jelly delights instead of causing the confusion and distrust because of this.

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 17:01:27 »
Lets try to keep this thread about this set. Even if accusations are true, there really is no point in having them here.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 17:06:02 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

owl speaks many languages, and one of them is the language of the gods. I agree with everything you said.
Agreed
 ;D

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 17:08:57 »
Lets try to keep this thread about this set. Even if accusations are true, there really is no point in having them here.
yes please

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 17:39:36 »
Truth be told the ad hominem arguments are too heavy on this thread. I like the idea of a cowboy key set, but will have to sit this one out for I don't trust OP enough. Hopefully, I am mistaken.

Have a good day lads.

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 18:16:45 »
Truth be told the ad hominem arguments are too heavy on this thread. I like the idea of a cowboy key set, but will have to sit this one out for I don't trust OP enough. Hopefully, I am mistaken.

Have a good day lads.

There's nothing wrong with OP, and there is no reason to be distrustful towards him. He was simply the middleman for Kozify/Ester, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that Kaysoo was dragged into it by them.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 19:12:20 »

Have a good day lads.
I’m a complete different person from Kozify... if there is a way to confirm this i would be really happy

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 19:19:06 »

Have a good day lads.
I’m a complete different person from Kozify... if there is a way to confirm this i would be really happy
If this gives something , my account is way older than those 2

Offline Ram

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 20:43:54 »

Have a good day lads.
If this gives something , my account is way older than those 2
Show Image

I've trusted from the start that you are a different person, I just feel bad that kozify has twisted you into his mess and now your image will be affected by his actions.

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 22:19:45 »

Totally cannot understand the key cap designer drama. most do not even do any designing themselves and pay others to draw novelties and deskmats, somehow they feel qualified to call others out. Not everyone of course but I feel in keyboards this is a frequent thing where they take themselves and their design" skills"  too seriously. Though there are some special talented folks who really know how to bring an idea to life.

Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings