Author Topic: My keyboard chooses not to identify! [generic gray Super keycap]  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Pixel_Outlaw

So in a world of keyboards with heavy OS branding on their Super keys, I'm looking for something that simply says "super" or maybe has some OS/branding agnostic shape that would hint at that visually.
I've just purchased a gray & white Keychron K6 keyboard. Amazon deal

I guess you'd call it the "Windows" key or the "Option" key for Mac.
I'd really prefer not to purchase a whole fistful of keys, just one is all that's needed in that gray color...
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 March 2022, 14:45:04 by Pixel_Outlaw »
Brown and black are the colors of cowardice. May my springs shake the heavens!

Offline VaporKeebs

Re: My keyboard chooses not to identify! [generic gray Super keycap]
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 01:40:31 »
Id just use the key that came with it. Matching would be insanely hard, you have the color of the cap, color of the legend, and weight of legend.

I could suggest caps that would work... but matching that beige ton is going to be rough.

Offline Pixel_Outlaw

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 18:06:34 »
Id just use the key that came with it. Matching would be insanely hard, you have the color of the cap, color of the legend, and weight of legend.

I could suggest caps that would work... but matching that beige ton is going to be rough.

I'll take a suggestion. :)
You know, it might be possible to find a key that's the same shape but still a nice color (maybe matching the red on the esc key...). I think a diamond? was used for Super at one time. But sure, I'll take your suggestion.
Are Keychron kind of their own keycaps or do they get them from Cherry vendors?
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 March 2022, 20:48:57 by Pixel_Outlaw »

Offline VaporKeebs

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 18:23:27 »
Keychron should be generic cherry stem holders. Pop one off if you have a cap puller already and make sure its the cross shape. Should be though.

Are you working on a budget here or just really like that colorway?

Offline Pixel_Outlaw

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 20:02:11 »
Yep, they've got a cross on the underside.  :cool:

Well here is the deal, I probably won't want to spend more than about $30 on new keycaps (I've just not got the cash right now).
The absolute deal killer though is that this has those two FN keys at the bottom and if you look at the keys around the right pinky finger they've all got multiple symbols on them.
I would really prefer that all keys are labeled with the various FN combinations for those FN keys. I don't want a guest user to have to ask me nor do I really want to memorize all the 3rd and 4th modifier patterns with this small keyboard.
This kind of rules out just getting a full replacement set, they won't have the Keychron modifiers listed on the keys.

The white keys kind of have to stay because they've got like 4 special symbols on some of them.  :eek: