geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

TMK ADB to USB keyboard converter

<< < (2/248) > >>

hasu:

--- Quote from: Findecanor;278417 ---Superb! How does it handle latching Caps Lock, though?
--- End quote ---

It doesn't nothing actually now.
At this time you must remove lock pin form the ALPS or replace with normal switch :)
Or if you don't care about Caps LED, you can remap to Shift.

kps:
Hasu, would you mind posting your hex file? I am trying to figure out what stupid thing I have done, since I see no keystrokes. The device is recognized as a keyboard, so I know it has been programmed correctly. I have tried two different computers, three different keyboards, and double-checked my wiring.

--- Quote from: hasu;278881 ---It doesn't nothing actually now.
At this time you must remove lock pin form the ALPS or replace with normal switch :)
Or if you don't care about Caps LED, you can remap to Shift.
--- End quote ---

This part should be simple; there is a specific USB code for locking Caps keys — 130 rather than 57.

hasu:

--- Quote from: kps;279038 ---Hasu, would you mind posting your hex file? I am trying to figure out what stupid thing I have done, since I see no keystrokes. The device is recognized as a keyboard, so I know it has been programmed correctly. I have tried two different computers, three different keyboards, and double-checked my wiring.

--- End quote ---

No, I don't mind at all.

Regarding your wiring, it seems to be OK but you may need to check ADB socket side again.
Following is my ADB socket pinouts, but I think yours is same as mine.

--- Code: ---
    Female socket from the front
    |   ==   |
    |________| <--- bottom
      |    |   <--- 4pins

Female socket from bottom

========== <--- front
    |        |
    |        |
    |2o    o1|
    |4o    o3|
    ---------- <--- back

1: Data
    2: Power SW(low when press Power key)
    3: Vcc(5V)
    4: GND

--- End code ---

--- Quote ---
This part should be simple; there is a specific USB code for locking Caps keys — 130 rather than 57.
--- End quote ---

Thank you. I will try the keycode and fix my code.

hasu:
I tried the "Locking Caps Lock"(0x82) instead of Caps Lock(0x39) in Windows and it failed to handle the key. I didn't check it on other OSes, but Windows fails at least.

Windows has no translation table for "Locking Caps Lock", thus we can use the key unfortunately :(

See this document for details:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/scancode.mspx

Soarer:
That's a messy problem :(

I suppose the only solution is to send two packets for each change in state of the caps lock - one with the key down, and then one with the key up a millisecond or so later.

That appears to be how the Belkin adapter handles it.

What a hassle though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version