Author Topic: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 GB live!  (Read 38497 times)

Offline minicap

I'm concerned to hear the render colours don't seem like a match - could I ask what you're comparing them to, and if there's specific things that seem off? The renders were colour-matched to a physical Pantone fan. Like you mentioned, there are a bunch of different factors that affect the colours (the renders themselves use different lightings, as well as the monitor and lighting you're using to look at the render) but they should be pretty close.

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it! The render lighting just has a warmer tone than the photos you took, and the shadows in the renders just make the gradient look a little more subtle compared to the what we see in raw Pantones. If you're already waiting on colour-matched samples though, that's really what matters as far as giving an accurate representation is concerned! Really nice to see that you're doing that well ahead of time, too :)

And noted for the cookies kit! It's been much more popular in the IC than I expected as well, it's definitely here to stay :D

Hell yes.

The work you've put into this set is more than enough reason for me to keep an eye on it. Now I'll just cross my fingers that Keyreative doesn't drop the ball on this one...

Phew, thanks for clarifying! And thanks for your kind words :D

The Keyreative queue is looking pretty long unfortunately :( but I do believe Keyreative's flexibility with kitting will be worth it. 
Sewing Tin's alphas are also straightforward dyesub (not reverse dyesub), so we'll avoid the issue seen regarding haloed homing bars in reverse dyesub. Though I do hope they fix that way sooner than that >__<

Offline minicap

Update bump - just added deskmat designs and new renders of the J-02 by ProtoTypist with the "Cookie Parade" deskmat!

I'm proud of how the deskmat designs turned out and excited to share them with you all, let me know what you think!

Since you can only submit the IC form once, I made a separate IC form to get feedback on the deskmats https://forms.gle/8UheMYkaHo3uofTFA (and also updated the original IC form with deskmat questions as well).

Offline YMwoo

That deskmat is so cute! I really love it.
Thanks a lot for accommodating the change for ergo kit. Unfortunately, my gf doesn't like the novelty mods which puts me in dilemma.
Love the colors but the novelty and the forced yellow top row makes me undecided about it.

Btw, you mentioned it won't be reversed dyesub which quite reassuring.
I received KAT Arctic and due to the reversed dyesub process, most of the darker keycaps are shrank very awfully.

Offline minicap

That deskmat is so cute! I really love it.
Thanks a lot for accommodating the change for ergo kit. Unfortunately, my gf doesn't like the novelty mods which puts me in dilemma.
Love the colors but the novelty and the forced yellow top row makes me undecided about it.

Btw, you mentioned it won't be reversed dyesub which quite reassuring.
I received KAT Arctic and due to the reversed dyesub process, most of the darker keycaps are shrank very awfully.

Glad you like the deskmat, and it's nice to see you in the thread again :D

Unfortunately there hasn't been enough demand to add a text mods ergo kit (1 request out of 17 IC responses with ergo kit), and like you mentioned before it's tough with the gradient :( But I appreciate your feedback on the ergo kit regardless!

Re: reverse dyesub, I specifically meant that the alphas are dyesub, not reverse dyesub (avoiding the Keyreative issue with haloes on homing bars with reverse dyesub). The mods will still be reverse dyesub sorry :( Doubleshot isn't an option with the text mods and some of the novelties.

I am planning to get full prototypes made of the set before GB though and will be posting photos of that!

Offline Mr Chrome

For what it’s worth, reading about the KAT Arctic situation, the word from Keyreative is that they used different molds for only the dark mods, and that’s partly why the sizes are so different. Lucky Jade, for example, uses reverse dyesub too, but keycap sizes looks much more regular by comparison from what I’ve seen (likely used one mold throughout). I think Arctic was caught in the crosshairs of their new manufacturing processes :/

On topic, the deskmat is really cute! I’m impressed that you managed to combine the two themes in a pretty minimalist way :)

As someone interested in the Ergo kit, personally I’m very fond of the novelty mods!
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Minahctrl

this set brings back memories 😭
love it

Offline YMwoo

For what it’s worth, reading about the KAT Arctic situation, the word from Keyreative is that they used different molds for only the dark mods, and that’s partly why the sizes are so different. Lucky Jade, for example, uses reverse dyesub too, but keycap sizes looks much more regular by comparison from what I’ve seen (likely used one mold throughout). I think Arctic was caught in the crosshairs of their new manufacturing processes :/

On topic, the deskmat is really cute! I’m impressed that you managed to combine the two themes in a pretty minimalist way :)

As someone interested in the Ergo kit, personally I’m very fond of the novelty mods!

From what I have, I can say for sure that the size differs for each color with White > Blue > Black, from the biggest to smallest in size.
I haven't put it on a board so I can't say how noticeable it is and fortunately I'm going with blue alpha and white mods.
Saw a pic of black mods and the gap between keycaps were jarring to see.

Unfortunately there hasn't been enough demand to add a text mods ergo kit (1 request out of 17 IC responses with ergo kit), and like you mentioned before it's tough with the gradient :( But I appreciate your feedback on the ergo kit regardless!

Re: reverse dyesub, I specifically meant that the alphas are dyesub, not reverse dyesub (avoiding the Keyreative issue with haloes on homing bars with reverse dyesub). The mods will still be reverse dyesub sorry :( Doubleshot isn't an option with the text mods and some of the novelties.

I am planning to get full prototypes made of the set before GB though and will be posting photos of that!
I've been mostly of a silent lurker haha
I understand about the text mods (that might be me actually, though I don't really remember now).
Anyway, hopefully the prototypes will come out well!

Offline minicap

Thank you :D And thanks for sharing that info about the KAT Arctic molds as well.

My Ergodox is my daily driver, so I always planned on having an ergo kit and seeing IC responses with it makes me happy :)

this set brings back memories 😭
love it

Thank you!! I'm glad it brings back memories for you 🥺

I've been mostly of a silent lurker haha
I understand about the text mods (that might be me actually, though I don't really remember now).
Anyway, hopefully the prototypes will come out well!

Haha I think it was you, the comment also mentions the missing keys needed for the ergo kit. And yeah, thanks for understanding!
I'm excited to see how the prototypes turn out 🤞

Offline novelflyer

This is a really nice IC, I like the webpage  :thumb:
I'd love to see Ñ in ISO kit if you could do it for spanish speakers.

GLWIC

Offline factoryofidols

This is a great IC, really wish it was glossy KAM though. Also would be fun to see a cookie colored qwerty row for 40s.

Offline dibkib

I love that deskmat so much!

Offline minicap

I love that deskmat so much!
Thank you! Glad you like the cookies :D

GLWIC

Thank you! Sure, adding Ñ to ISO seems reasonable. I will try to do that update soon.

This is a great IC, really wish it was glossy KAM though. Also would be fun to see a cookie colored qwerty row for 40s.

Thank you! I did consider glossy KAM but ultimately decided on matte after spending a few weeks typing on keys from both (KAM Wraith and KAM Starry Night) - while the glossy KAM keys was really nice looking and on-theme, I much preferred the feel of the matte KAM keys.

I'll consider cookie coloured QWERTY row if I get more requests for it, but so far the yellow colour has been pretty polarising (some people want more of it, some people don't want it at all) so it's pretty unlikely sorry :( It would also have to be a separate add-on kit to avoid increasing the price of the 40s kit - it's already quite substantial, so I need a really good reason for any additional keys.

I am working on a separate "yellow accents" kit though!

Offline minicap

GLWIC

ñ has been added to the ISO kit!

Offline minicap

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Updated July 8th - Vendors & Collaborations!
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 20:07:43 »
Update bump - vendors and collaborations have been announced!

Offline Frayne

• For deskmat inquiries: illu_zn
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 22:16:34 »
Amazing idea with the deskmat! Love the 4 little cookies haha.

I do have a suggestion to make though - the upper right corner of the stitches should go around the corner as well, like the upper and lower left corners.
Or better yet, if you are going for the stitches look, i dont think they would be turning 90 degree corners at all.

Just my 2 cents  :thumb:

Offline Mr Chrome

Oo, I like the sound of that! I am very big on the yellow colour, the butter cookies of this set really appeal to me :-X

Very minor and unessential, but I would love to see some ortho/40s renders if you’ve got any? The tailor makes them look *chef’s kiss*
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline andromache

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 12:38:41 »
I am already imagining how amazing the collaborations are going to be for this unique and adorable set. Group buy WHEN??  ;)

Offline minicap

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 00:07:58 »
Amazing idea with the deskmat! Love the 4 little cookies haha.

I do have a suggestion to make though - the upper right corner of the stitches should go around the corner as well, like the upper and lower left corners.
Or better yet, if you are going for the stitches look, i dont think they would be turning 90 degree corners at all.

Just my 2 cents  :thumb:

I'm happy you like the cookies, and thanks for the suggestion!

Yup, I was trying to go for the stitches look ^^ Unfortunately it's a bit hard to get them to be perfectly aligned on all the corners while keeping the stitches the same length, the gaps between the stitches the same size, and having them end a nice distance away from the cookies 😭

I edited the stitches to not turn around the corner but it looked weird with the larger gaps in between the stitches. I'll try playing around with it some more, but I might not be able to get something that's better than the current design sorry!

Oo, I like the sound of that! I am very big on the yellow colour, the butter cookies of this set really appeal to me :-X

Very minor and unessential, but I would love to see some ortho/40s renders if you’ve got any? The tailor makes them look *chef’s kiss*

Ah! Funny you mention this - I've actually been working on renders for both, on a Minivan and The Ave by The Royal. There are some sneak peeks in the #kam-sewing-tin channel in the Keycraft Collective Discord server, hoping they'll be ready to post to GH next week.

I am already imagining how amazing the collaborations are going to be for this unique and adorable set. Group buy WHEN??  ;)

Thank you, Andro!! 🥺 haha, group buy date has not yet been decided, but will for sure keep you all updated on that :D

Offline minicap

Update bump! Just added new renders:
- Portico by TKC (65%) - mixed base kit, alternate numrow, with the sewing tools deskmat in deep blue
- MiniVan by Trash Man (40%) - alphas + 40s, all-blue version (though the 40s kit also has the option for yellow ESC/BACKSPACE accents!)
- The Ave by The Royal (Ortho) - alphas + ortho + buttons kit

Next up, I'll be working on kitting updates (NorDe, yellow accents).
I saw that KAM molds for 1u scooped homing are being produced for KAM Command, so I'm asking zFrontier if it's possible to add those to Sewing Tin.
I would likely add them as extra on top of the homing bars since I know not everyone likes homing scoops. But need to decide whether to leave the non-homing F/J too, or move them to colevrak kit...

I'm also working on a sewing tin themed artisan box to match the set! (Blue and circular with a tin-like pattern on top.) Shout out to anEmptyJarofNutella for the idea. I'm designing it to be 3D printable, with the option of a clear acrylic top. Once the design is more fleshed out I'll do an IC for it and find a partner to help get them made, pretty excited about this - I'm a CAD noob but its been fun to learn so far!

Offline summerqm

I'm also working on a sewing tin themed artisan box to match the set! (Blue and circular with a tin-like pattern on top.)

This, THIS, THISSSSSS!!!!!!! I would love a lil tin that holds delicious artisans  :))

Offline rsrogers4

What a great concept. My wife, who can't yet understand my new fascination with keyboards, but who has several cookie tins filled with sewing supplies, thought the design was extremely cute. She loved the deskmat too!
Geonworks Frog TKL w/62g Alpaca v2 (lubed, TX springs), SA-P Industrial PBT caps | Maker Alexa w/boba u4t stock, DCS 9009 caps

Offline minicap

It was brought to my attention that the group buy for The Ave was not successfully completed / that the GB runner cannot be contacted. I was not aware of this when creating the renders and have removed them. I hope that the GB runner can provide a resolution for the participants soon.

I will be working on new renders of Sewing Tin on a different ortho board instead. (Also still working on the kitting updates that were previously mentioned!)

I'm also working on a sewing tin themed artisan box to match the set! (Blue and circular with a tin-like pattern on top.)

This, THIS, THISSSSSS!!!!!!! I would love a lil tin that holds delicious artisans  :))

Hehe, as long as you don't eat them! ;)

What a great concept. My wife, who can't yet understand my new fascination with keyboards, but who has several cookie tins filled with sewing supplies, thought the design was extremely cute. She loved the deskmat too!

Aww, thank you! I'm happy that your wife liked the designs :)

Offline zRoze

I think this would be great as an alphas kit. Would you consider?

Offline zRoze

Sorry, wrong thread

Offline minicap

hello! i don't have any big updates to share today, but wanted to give some progress updates! Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes:

- Colour matched samples are still in production
- I am preparing files to request full samples (to check that all the legends print OK)
- While working on those I realised that the tolerances on some of the 1u text mods are too tight (mostly the TKL specific keys). I will be reworking these and updating the kits and renders. Some keys will be abbreviated (e.g. delete -> del): I felt this was a better option than making the text smaller
- I am working on several other updates to kitting, including new yellow accents kit, NorDe, and adding scooped homing keys (there will be both barred and scooped homing)
- I have requested deskmat samples to be made. Based on IC results, the current lineup is 900x400mm (standard size) deskmat in Cookie Parade, Sewing Tools - Deep Blue, Sewing Tools - Yellow, 600x350mm Cookie Parade
- I am working on "Sewing Tin" themed artisan box design! Getting some prototypes made, will have more details to announce soon.
- GB date has not yet been set, but it currently looks like it will be mid/late Q4 2021.
- Have some unannounced collaborations lined up as well, including metal artisans / encoder knob!

That being said I'm going to be pretty busy with IRL stuff for the next month or so - will post updates as samples/prototypes come in but the kitting updates will not be done for a while.

Here's a sneak peek of the yellow accents kit - Sewing Tin on the OLKB Planck and Preonic:

Also, here's a sneak peek of the artisan box design:

This has a 3DP lid, but I'm getting samples of an acrylic lid made (with the design engraved)
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 August 2021, 00:59:41 by minicap »

Offline 0hh.Hello

I am so unbelievably excited about that Sewing Tin Artisan box! Here I thought I couldn't be anymore excited for this set and then bam… (Also, ngl, Q4 2021 is a good gb time for me— gives me time to recovery from some other keep purchases lol)

Offline minicap

I am so unbelievably excited about that Sewing Tin Artisan box! Here I thought I couldn't be anymore excited for this set and then bam… (Also, ngl, Q4 2021 is a good gb time for me— gives me time to recovery from some other keep purchases lol)

💙 Yay, I'm happy you're excited! On that note...I've just updated the first post with more details about the artisan box, as well as an interest check link survey for it! The prototypes arrived and I'm very happy with how they turned out!

Offline surplusofchairs

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Updated Aug 18th - Artisan box!
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 00:42:20 »
artisan box is super cute!

Offline Serval

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 10:09:14 »
Looking forward to the set. GLWIC!

Offline salgiza

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 03:07:58 »
I didn't want to ask, because the kittings in this IC show a lot of work and you already had added an "ñ" to the ISO kit. But seeing as you mention that you are going to add a NorDe kit, would it be possible to make it "International" and add the ES layout (such as this) or add a proper South kit (such as this)?

Anyway, regardless: this is an amazing set. There are few keysets that show such amount of love and work as this one!

Offline minicap

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 21:07:12 »
artisan box is super cute!

Looking forward to the set. GLWIC!

Thank you! 🍪

I didn't want to ask, because the kittings in this IC show a lot of work and you already had added an "ñ" to the ISO kit. But seeing as you mention that you are going to add a NorDe kit, would it be possible to make it "International" and add the ES layout (such as this) or add a proper South kit (such as this)?

Anyway, regardless: this is an amazing set. There are few keysets that show such amount of love and work as this one!

Thank you for the kind comments, as well as those helpful links! I haven't been able to sit down and work on the NorDe kit yet, but I'll see what I can do regarding making it an International kit instead (will need to research the additional keys required).

Regarding adding a proper South kit, unfortunately based on IC feedback there isn't sufficient demand to split it out (only 4 IC responses mention international support, out of 340 total). Despite the Keyreative MOQ/pricing structure there's still other overheads/costs with having many kits, so I won't be adding any more new kits past the planned NorDe/International and yellow accents kits.

Offline minicap

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 GB November 9th - December 9th!
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 19:53:41 »
Excited to announce that the GB will be from November 9th to December 9th!

Here's a little embroidery hoop I made for the announcement :)

I don't have other large updates to share, things are still progressing behind the scenes:
- Still waiting on colour-matched samples from Keyreative and deskmat samples
- Have been working on files for larger size/different heights for the artisan box, will be ordering round 2 of prototypes soon
- Kitting updates still in progress

Offline minicap

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Updated Sep 17th - Kitting updates + new renders!
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 00:41:02 »
Update bump! I've finished the large round of planned kitting update, including two new kits: yellow accents and NorDe.

There’s also some new renders showing off the yellow accents kit on the Preonic, Planck, Fuji65 and Bepovan. The Austin renders have also been updated to use the newest TKL text mod legends courtesy of ltafuri.

Please let me know any feedback you have on the new kits / changes. I plan to submit the finalized kits for quotes in a few week's time. I don't intend to make any large changes to the kitting structure at this point in time but will fix any mistakes or critical omissions!

Full list of kitting updates:
- Added yellow accents kit (contains yellow spacebars in common sizes + yellow arrow keys)
- Added NorDe kit (huge thanks to this guide by Miguel Farah http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Possible-International-Kits-for-Custom-Sets/#NORDEUKPPP) Unfortunately there was not enough demand to justify the additional extra keys required for a full international kit :(
- Added scooped homing keys
    - Changed non-homing fj in base kits and alphas kits to scooped (they now have both scooped and barred homing fj)
    - Changed non-homing 5 in numpad kit to scooped
    - Added scooped homing hunta and non-homing fj to Colevrak kit
- Added second 2.25u shift and 2u shift to TKL mod kits (shifts are for GK64, 660 style boards, can also be used as Alice spacebars)
- Updated some text legends in the TKL text mods kit to shorter versions (ins, del, up, down, pause → break) and tweaked kerning on home and scroll
- Rotated pin on TKL novelty mods and novelty base kit

Other updates:
- I'm still waiting on colour-matched samples from Keyreative and deskmat samples. I haven't been given many details but unfortunately Keyreative have indicated that they will not be able to provide the full kit samples I requested prior to the GB due to shortages on their end. I am still waiting on their response as to exactly what will be possible to make before the GB - am hoping for at least one base kit.
- Round 2 of artisan box samples are in production
- in case you missed it, excited to have a few new artisan collaborators - Bowbie Keycaps, Crafted By Annie and Cantoclicks!
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 September 2021, 00:43:10 by minicap »

Offline salgiza

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 20 September 2021, 06:30:20 »
Unfortunately there was not enough demand to justify the additional extra keys required for a full international kit :(

Ooh, what a shame :( Thanks a lot for taking it into consideration, though!

The interest for mechanical keyboards seems to be slowly growing in south EU, so hopefully we will gather enough people interested for future GBs!!! :)
GLWIC!

Offline minicap

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 23:30:44 »
Unfortunately there was not enough demand to justify the additional extra keys required for a full international kit :(

Ooh, what a shame :( Thanks a lot for taking it into consideration, though!

The interest for mechanical keyboards seems to be slowly growing in south EU, so hopefully we will gather enough people interested for future GBs!!! :)
GLWIC!

Thank you for understanding!

Today's update: I've made a few more tweaks to kits based on feedback and have submitted the kits to Keyreative for quotes. Kits are now considered final (though I will be able to update them if there are mistakes).
- Added additional keys to NorDe kit (ISO enters, 1.25u shift, <>, 2") so that you no longer need to purchase the ISO kit alongside it (thanks acitrin for this suggestion!)
- Added 2nd 2c spacebar in blue and white to Ortho kit

Also added a few updates about the artisan box GB.

Offline Sebboc

This looks awesome! I can't wait for the GB. ;D

Offline minicap

This looks awesome! I can't wait for the GB. ;D

💙 Thank you!

It's been a bit since the last update, but I have a bunch of updates today (with just under 3 weeks to go until GB)!

Pricing has been set:

The base kits were intentionally kept minimal to aim for a good price, I'm very happy with the $79 USD price point!

THOK collab is ready to be revealed! THOK is producing "button" encoder knobs in two colourways:

(edit 10/31 - updated these to newer versions as the old renders were using an outdated model)

Have also added new renders of Sewing Tin on the Absinthe, and details about deskmats. Four options will be available: Cookie Parade in 900x400mm and 600x350mm, Sewing Tools - Yellow in 900x400mm and Sewing Tools - Blue in 900x400mm.
THOK and deskmat pricing TBA.

Other updates:
- While I've submitted a request for 65% samples, I have not received any updates from Keyreative on the status of the colour matched samples. Will continue to check in with them regularly.
- Deskmat samples are still pending and are unlikely to be complete by the time GB starts.
- Round 2 of the artisan box samples turned out great! I'm getting some help taking nice pictures of the boxes and hope to release those alongside detailed pricing information for the artisan boxes in the next few weeks.
- There is one more unannounced metal artisan collab that is still in progress.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 October 2021, 20:32:10 by minicap »

Offline YMwoo

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Updated October 20th - Pricing & THOK collab!
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 19:07:09 »
Great pricing and great knob!
You're doing a great job with this set really, one of the best! Just hoping Keyrative will be able to follow up with that.
Too bad I can't join in the GB but GLWGB!

Offline minicap

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Updated October 20th - Pricing & THOK collab!
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 13:29:07 »
Great pricing and great knob!
You're doing a great job with this set really, one of the best! Just hoping Keyrative will be able to follow up with that.
Too bad I can't join in the GB but GLWGB!

Thank you for the support regardless! :D

Couple more updates today: firstly, our collab cables with Cookie Cables have been revealed, they'll be offering USB and TRRS coiled cables in Tin Blue and Butter Yellow:

You can check out the options here: https://cookiecables.com/collections/kam-sewing-tin-cables

Pricing information for the Sewing Tin artisan box has been added to the main post, and the P3D Store product page is live: https://p3dstore.com/collections/group-buys/products/sewing-tin-artisan-box-group-buy

The Tailor has also been updated with the yellow accents kits (for yellow space + arrow keys), check it out here: https://kamsewingtin.com/#tailor

Lastly, just this morning I received the first photo of the sample keycaps from Keyreative! I can't assess the colour matching until I receive the keycaps in person - this photo was taken in the Keyreative factory - but the samples look promising so far. Here it is, as I received it / without any editing:

(note: only the keys inside the tray are Sewing Tin samples, the other keys appear to be Soaring Skies samples)

Once I do receive the samples I'll take comparison photos with the Pantone fan in a lightbox as well as photos of the keyset on a keyboard in different types of lighting and will post them for ya'll to take a closer look at!

The middle two blue tones look very similar in the photo (needle/pin 2126U vs stitches 2728U) but I'm withholding judgement on the colour matching until I receive them as it could just be the camera colour balance/factory lighting. Will request a 2nd round of colour matching if necessary.

Will also check over the legends carefully (in this photo, they look good except the scissors, will make sure that gets corrected)

Other updates:
- Working on a few more renders to show off the THOK knobs
- THOK and deskmat pricing TBA
- There is one more unannounced metal artisan collab that is still in progress.

Offline minicap

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Updated October 25th - Pricing, Samples, Collabs!
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 19:01:53 »
Update: the samples are done and will be shipping to me soon! Keyreative sent another photo of the samples, included below.

The lighting looks more neutral in this photo compared to the last one but I still need to wait and receive them in person to be able to judge the colour matching. It does look promising though, especially with how each blue in the gradient is distinct! There are also some other issues visible in the photo regarding legend alignment on the alphas + the scissors novelty, but I'm pleased with how crisp the fine lines generally turned out. Will make a list of changes for a second round of samples after I receive them in person.

As mentioned before, after I receive the samples I'll take comparison photos with the Pantone fan in a lightbox as well as photos of the keyset on a keyboard in different types of lighting.

edit: Seeing the samples made me realise that the spacing I had for the 6^ key was a tiny bit off. I've updated the kit images with the fixed spacing and will ask for an updated sample of the 6^ key too in the second round.
edit2: Renders by me have been updated too.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 November 2021, 22:23:47 by minicap »

Offline minicap

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 GB tomorrow!
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 19:05:15 »
Group buy starts tomorrow!! Thread is live here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115240.0

Offline spingo

Re: [IC] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 GB tomorrow!
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 19:52:21 »
FINALLY!
A REASON TO BUILD A KEYBOARD FOR MY GRANDMA!