Author Topic: [IC] GMK Terror Below | Coming September 1st  (Read 78575 times)

Offline Afresh

Re: [IC] GMK TERROR BELOW | Vendors & GB date
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 12:03:35 »
Pantone chips are in aaaaaand... They look great! We are very happy with the colors. Soon you will see refreshed IC page. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 August 2021, 09:27:36 by Afresh »

Offline Wheat

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 11:15:07 »
Really enjoy the colors on this set

Offline Afresh

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 01:12:23 »
Really enjoy the colors on this set
Thank you :)

Offline Afresh

Re: [IC] GMK TERROR BELOW | Coming September 1st
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 09:18:09 »
GMK Terror Below will go live on September 1st!

Offline _IanOfEarth

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 10:40:46 »
Any chance of adding those two 1.5u OS/super keys and a second 1u alt key? This would add support for macOS HHKB and 7u users. Would love to see it in the base kit, but even a separate kit would do!

Offline Afresh

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 03:13:42 »
Any chance of adding those two 1.5u OS/super keys and a second 1u alt key? This would add support for macOS HHKB and 7u users. Would love to see it in the base kit, but even a separate kit would do!

There will be no more changes done to the kitting. Sorry

Offline _IanOfEarth

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 11:30:34 »

That's really disappointing. Why did you elect not to add them when the moulds already exist?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 13 August 2021, 15:02:29 »

That's really disappointing. Why did you elect not to add them when the moulds already exist?
Adding more keys to the basekit makes it more expensive. So supporting everything isn't an option. Also I believe in that base you can find keys that will work in the place of what you are asking (1.5u and 1u keys).

Offline _IanOfEarth

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 13:52:47 »

Adding more keys to the basekit makes it more expensive. So supporting everything isn't an option. Also I believe in that base you can find keys that will work in the place of what you are asking (1.5u and 1u keys).

Thanks for responding! There are enough keys, but not with the correct legends for macOS 7u/HHKB unfortunately.

May I ask how much more the basekit would have cost with those 3 keys added? Working on getting them included with more base and extension kits from different designers and coming armed with that knowledge would be helpful.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 14:16:08 »
May I ask how much more the basekit would have cost with those 3 keys added? Working on getting them included with more base and extension kits from different designers and coming armed with that knowledge would be helpful.

Its not so much that the cost is a ton, but it is up to the designer to choose combability to layouts that they think will be profitable (or that they like to use). There's a few other layouts that fall into this category: 3 key 40s, split backspace, 2u shift, r3/r4 pg up and pg dn. Hell, even NumPad. Supporting ALL these layouts is expensive, so GMK designers need to follow their own path some and support the layouts that they think will be most successful. More recently, 3 key 40s has been raising in popularity while HHKB has gone down. Another solution some designers will follow will be to cut back on accents.

Physical HHKB is particularly tough because a lot of HHKBers are fine without physical support. Or will buy a Nov kit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 August 2021, 14:20:16 by Bub »

Offline Afresh

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 12:51:52 »

Also changing kitting so close to gb is sadly not an option since contacting manufacturer can take some time.

Thanks for responding! There are enough keys, but not with the correct legends for macOS 7u/HHKB unfortunately.

Edit: I have no idea how I only quoted you and never responded. What I wanted to say is that changing the kitting so late into the IC is impossible because of the time it takes to get quotes etc.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 August 2021, 13:31:24 by Afresh »

Offline _IanOfEarth

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 15:25:02 »

Also changing kitting so close to gb is sadly not an option since contacting manufacturer can take some time.

Edit: I have no idea how I only quoted you and never responded. What I wanted to say is that changing the kitting so late into the IC is impossible because of the time it takes to get quotes etc.

Fair enough on time! Same question still: May I ask how much more the basekit would have cost with those 3 keys added? Working on getting them included with more base and extension kits from different designers and coming armed with that knowledge would be helpful.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 06:09:07 »

Fair enough on time! Same question still: May I ask how much more the basekit would have cost with those 3 keys added? Working on getting them included with more base and extension kits from different designers and coming armed with that knowledge would be helpful.

Sorry but I can't tell you what's written in private messages between vendors and manufacturer.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 15:46:57 »
Upcoming collaborations:
  • archetype
  • luxecables
  • keebstuff
  • keycapital
  • thok
  • bowler caps
  • keyrelic
  • barrett_creative