Author Topic: Favorite Basic Foods  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Kavik

Favorite Basic Foods
« on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 13:22:52 »
One of my all time favorites is simply buttered toast. It's better if the toast is a multigrain bread like Dave's Killer Bread. Another great alternative is cream cheese on toast. Drink some black coffee with this, and it's better than many things that take much longer to prepare.

A peanut butter and jam sandwich is easy and tasty also as long as the components are of good quality, i.e. actual jam or fruit preserves, NOT jelly. Neither Smuckers nor Welches can be the brand since they are both totally mediocre at best.

I'm not sure these count since they take a bit of time to prepare, but I also really like sautéed asparagus, sautéed mushrooms, and onions either sautéed or raw (although onions upset my stomach by themselves; they're like eating peppers by themselves in that they just sit there and burn).

What quick and easy, low ingredient foods are your favorites?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Favorite Basic Foods
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 13:23:32 »
I like cheese

pickles straight from the jar

kalamata olives I'll eat plain too

sometimes I'll just take a swig of hot sauce from the bottle
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 June 2021, 14:15:23 by noisyturtle »

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 13:56:20 »
Just bread rolls, pretzel rolls and soft pretzel sticks by themselves. Sometimes with butter.

Also garlic bread.

And, of cause, frozen pizza.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 14:11:27 »
Baked Potato wedges,  Ketchup,  Mustard.

Noodlez w/ soysauce, vinegar, sesame oil

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 14:30:25 »
A slab of cream cheese
A box of ritz crackers to go with it is to die for

Offline seokjin

• smooth like butter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 16:28:15 »
Tortilla wraps dipped in sweet chilli hummus (or just normal hummus). An easy and filling snack :)

Offline fairypenguin

• zzz
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 04:07:05 »
Scrambled eggs with some bread, maybe a little bit of mayo. Sort of a nostalgic comfort food, personally. Straight up tuna is good too.

Ever plucked a fresh cherry tomato off a plant and popped it into your mouth though? Heavenly.

Offline iri

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 14:28:05 »
Bread + thinly sliced Doctorskaya sausage + melt cheese. Optionally with spring onions.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yui

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 08:19:53 »
peanut butter on sliced apple, and when feeling fancy, with an extra chocolate chip on top
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 08:30:29 »

Doctorskaya sausage

Never heard of this before but it looks good. I will have to make some.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 10:29:22 »

Doctorskaya sausage

Never heard of this before but it looks good. I will have to make some.

Yep, Doktorska is very nice, I like to cut thick slice, put on fresh thick slice of bread with butter.. some polish mustard on it... yyyyymmmmm...  :thumb:
Plus its cheapest sausage, but still tasty
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 16:27:49 »
Yep, Doktorska is very nice, I like to cut thick slice, put on fresh thick slice of bread with butter.. some polish mustard on it... yyyyymmmmm...  :thumb:
Plus its cheapest sausage, but still tasty

Wow that sounds good

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 16:41:46 »
How I imagine Doktor Ska
* drska.webp (100.72 kB - downloaded 57 times.)

dude idk what is going on with the ****ty formatting on this site, why i always use imgur links
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 June 2021, 16:44:39 by noisyturtle »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 21:46:48 »
One of my all time favorites is simply buttered toast. It's better if the toast is a multigrain bread like Dave's Killer Bread. Another great alternative is cream cheese on toast. Drink some black coffee with this, and it's better than many things that take much longer to prepare.

A peanut butter and jam sandwich is easy and tasty also as long as the components are of good quality, i.e. actual jam or fruit preserves, NOT jelly. Neither Smuckers nor Welches can be the brand since they are both totally mediocre at best.

I'm not sure these count since they take a bit of time to prepare, but I also really like sautéed asparagus, sautéed mushrooms, and onions either sautéed or raw (although onions upset my stomach by themselves; they're like eating peppers by themselves in that they just sit there and burn).

What quick and easy, low ingredient foods are your favorites?

Chicken fried rice