Author Topic: 4x4  (Read 1952669 times)

Re: 4x4
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 19:58:04 »
Seems like there are a lot of whiners in here complaining about the opportunity to get triple shots from Binge for $50.

To me, this is the best artisan sale format I've ever seen. And I hope the other "in demand" (Boop, KK, ETF, etc) people follow suit. Binge is creating supply to reduce the secondary market prices/increase the availability for trades, driving his business with a huge amount of orders to work through over the next 8 or so months, while maintaining the quality and beauty of his caps through a data driven, intelligent process. Taking the lottery out of the process also stops people from entering just to acquire trade bait and lowering the chances of people who really want the caps.

Binge can't be expected to make everyone happy and if all you're looking for is an otter, wait until they start appearing more often on mechmarket. Personally, I'm dying for an otter. It was my top choice on all three caps I ordered. But I would be ecstatic with a switch doctor, skulthulu, or lion keyng because they're all AMAZING sculpts.

I much prefer this method and knowing something amazing is going to come in the mail vs something like a more mass produced sale where the quality of caps isn't up to par with previous sales (like the ETF single shot Prismatic vs the caps in Meatbag and other similar sales).

The order form isn't complicated. The instructions were clear. And I want to thank Binge for such an awesome opportunity to get some great caps at a great price.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 19:59:42 »
This is all I have man.  You can assume that I'm blaming people for shortcomings to which I have admitted are my fault.  I've mentioned before that the problems with the orders aren't so much problems for me as they will be for customers, and I also intend to try to give everyone their first preference.  The conversations regarding the exact meaning of each selection a person can make are what I'm trying to clarify.  My communication skills in this are lacking.  I just feel like people are still uneasy about their entries.

First time entering. Love your work. Hoping as hard as I can to end up with an Otterphile. Thank you for being someone who's very careful with producing good work, but also someone willing to commit their entire rest of the year to making sure people end up with what they like!

When it comes to the form, I think one sentence somewhere mentioning 'You can only mention each sculpt one time in your ranking' could alleviate some of the difficulty. :)

I'll ask a couple of friends who work at Shopify if there's an easy way to do forms so that pre-selected options are masked.

Offline Stevec

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 02:13:52 »

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but what you've written is nowhere near as clear as you think it is.

at the mercy of my customers understanding what we've written.

This is all I have man.  You can assume that I'm blaming people for shortcomings to which I have admitted are my fault.  I've mentioned before that the problems with the orders aren't so much problems for me as they will be for customers, and I also intend to try to give everyone their first preference.  The conversations regarding the exact meaning of each selection a person can make are what I'm trying to clarify.  My communication skills in this are lacking.  I just feel like people are still uneasy about their entries.

That's perfectly alright.  WILDCARD is the '**** my **** up binge *heavy panting*' option anyway.

Glad 2/3 of my orders were for Wildcard then, absolutely friggin love the work you guys do for the community as a whole too. I personally didn't have any issue filling out the form, but I guess it might have just went over peoples heads that they were a semi-blind sale. Still happy to have the opportunity to get in on another HWS sale since I missed out on the voodoo sale.

Cant wait to receive these magnificent caps some time in the future, though fingers crossed for a HungerKey. Keep up the great work and by all means:
'**** my **** up binge *heavy panting*'

Offline footiemonkey

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 12:00:38 »
I much prefer this method and knowing something amazing is going to come in the mail vs something like a more mass produced sale where the quality of caps isn't up to par with previous sales (like the ETF single shot Prismatic vs the caps in Meatbag and other similar sales).

:wut:

Are you implying the quality is crap because it's single shot?

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 12:41:37 »

I'm implying that the Fugus from previous sales/small run sales look much better than the Prismatic run. Look at the splatter baby/meatbag/serenity now sales vs the Prismatic sale.

And the secondary market has proven that to be true. Prismatics go for $50 while most other Fugus (except Bee & Barb) go for $100+.

Offline swangful

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:03:46 »

I'm implying that the Fugus from previous sales/small run sales look much better than the Prismatic run. Look at the splatter baby/meatbag/serenity now sales vs the Prismatic sale.

And the secondary market has proven that to be true. Prismatics go for $50 while most other Fugus (except Bee & Barb) go for $100+.

That's just like your...opinion man.

Offline footiemonkey

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:09:29 »

Oh i get it.
You aren't talking about quality of the caps, you're talking about how pretty it looks to you.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:32:10 »

So you are happy to get an idea about what the aftermarket price is going to be before the sale?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 14:07:14 »
can there just be no drama?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 14:35:15 »

Yeah like magnets.  How do they work anyway?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 15:48:36 »

Yeah like magnets.  How do they work anyway?

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 07:56:02 »
Oh i get it.
You aren't talking about quality of the caps, you're talking about how pretty it looks to you.

No, you're actually completely missing the point.

What I mean is if Binge tried to do this sale just by doing a ton of single shots, it would have little to no affect on the secondary market value of the triple shot caps already out there.

But since he is doing triple shots, he will be able to drive down the price/raise the availability of the secondary market over the next 8 months.

Its has nothing to do with the quality of ETF's caps. Everyone knows he does great work.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 08:05:15 »
Oh i get it.

What I mean is if Binge tried to do this sale just by doing a ton of single shots, it would have little to no affect on the secondary market value of the triple shot caps already out there.

But since he is doing triple shots, he will be able to drive down the price/raise the availability of the secondary market over the next 8 months.

Its has nothing to do with the quality of ETF's caps. Everyone knows he does great work.

I was hoping by the number of deleted posts this would end.  Topic: Magnets - how do they work?

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 08:13:51 »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Robotical

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 08:16:12 »
Topic: Magnets - how do they work?

Pretty sure its just straight up magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5oXWtSMHzw.

Offline met3or

• instagram
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 09:44:36 »
Just placed my order, very cool idea Binge!  Will be a nice surprise for when I forget I ordered this  :))

Also, magnets are neat.  :thumb:
Leopold FC660C / Vortex Pok3r / CM STORM XT

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 09:55:14 »
Magnets?!?!

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:00:31 by Elth »
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:17:00 »

Offline 3K

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 12:49:39 »
monopoles are a myth!

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 13:24:14 »
It hasn't been announced how long sales will be open right? I really want to buy a bunch more but to be prudent I should wait till I get paid again which prolly isn't for at least 2-3 weeks.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 13:33:30 »
It hasn't been announced how long sales will be open right? I really want to buy a bunch more but to be prudent I should wait till I get paid again which prolly isn't for at least 2-3 weeks.

There is a date on the website for when Binge starts mold production but he has just said whenever it gets sold out or shut down for other reasons.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:52:57 »
Oh i get it.

I was hoping by the number of deleted posts this would end.  Topic: Magnets - how do they work?

I found this an interesting read. I use eddy current testing at my work which uses magnetic fields, but its kind of cool digging deeper. http://www.coolmagnetman.com/maghow.htm

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 23:03:28 »
I found this an interesting read. I use eddy current testing at my work which uses magnetic fields, but its kind of cool digging deeper. http://www.coolmagnetman.com/maghow.htm

TL;DR: Magic.  You know, like maginetic fields.
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 23:23:05 »

You might be half right lol, after looking around there are quite a few properties of magnetism that are still unknown how they work :P

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 23:30:11 »
Damn... I may have to enter for a wild card...

Offline khahk

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 01:17:40 »
Damn... I may have to enter for a wild card...

DO IT i already got two but went back for a proto star wildcard.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 01:25:24 »
I ordered 3 and went back to order Nebula. It's...a lot of money though it certainly beats the aftermarket.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Theachromatic

• HHKB
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 02:51:07 »

You might be half right lol, after looking around there are quite a few properties of magnetism that are still unknown how they work :P

Like?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:18:09 »
Call me stupid (please don't) but I do not see where I can enter to buy one, could somebody give me the link? :D

have a good one guys!

Offline LDobler

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:20:00 »
Call me stupid (please don't) but I do not see where I can enter to buy one, could somebody give me the link? :D

have a good one guys!
https://hungerwork.studio/collections/4x4

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:22:57 »

have a good one guys!
https://hungerwork.studio/collections/4x4

You?! Again :o (I'll pm you on reddit :p it's going to be a lot easier)

Thanks btw :D

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:35:36 »

Like?

two important aspects of magnetism remain unexplained: why magnets always have a north and south pole , and why particles emit magnetic fields in the first place.

"We just observe that when you make a charged particle move, it creates a magnetic field and two poles. We don't really know why. It's just a feature of the universe, and the mathematical explanations are just attempts of getting through the 'homework assignment' of nature and getting the answers."

Offline swangful

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 23:37:10 »
Kinda tempted to place another order...if i do and select the same colors, will I get doubles of the same color combination?

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:33:52 »
Kinda tempted to place another order...if i do and select the same colors, will I get doubles of the same color combination?

Unlikely as you would be in an entirely different section of the queue.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:44:41 »

Do we have any idea how long the queue already is and what's our place in the it? It's the impatient curious kid in me that speaks (yeah ... impatient and I purchased a keycap that I could get in January of next year xD I'm crazy)

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 06:59:40 »

Do we have any idea how long the queue already is and what's our place in the it? It's the impatient curious kid in me that speaks (yeah ... impatient and I purchased a keycap that I could get in January of next year xD I'm crazy)

I'll be able to tell people how close we are closer to when the sale is ending, but by that time people should have already gotten most of their caps.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 07:01:35 »

I'll be able to tell people how close we are closer to when the sale is ending, but by that time people should have already gotten most of their caps.

haha don't worry, I knew I had to wait and will gladly do it :D

Offline moonmaster

• big bumps, beautiful boards
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:03:16 »
Binge, will there be any sort of warning that orders are going to close? Thanks.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 16:14:25 »
Binge, will there be any sort of warning that orders are going to close? Thanks.
Yessir!  There will be updated calendar events and blog posts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 11:04:31 »
Can't wait for the pictures of these but even more excited for the surprise when opening three wildcards! More hype than ever before.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 11:38:42 »
Order enrollment period is still open.

Status Updates!
  • Mold Creation is going well but delaying the start of key production slightly.
  • WILDCARD #1: Earl Esc is complete!
  • This week we should have our first run of freebie graphics complete

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 11:49:45 »
Hey Binge, I'd love to get in on this BUT I may be moving in November of this upcoming year. Is there anyway to update our shipping info after placing an order in case it takes that long to ship?

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 12:07:13 »
couldn't resist,  went in for two more---had to get some Keyngs  :thumb:

∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Robotical

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 12:25:21 »
couldn't resist,  went in for two more---had to get some Keyngs  :thumb:

I'm fighting a losing battle here as well... tempted to go in for some Keyngs.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #295 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 13:58:34 »
Time to get the hype train rolling even faster?

Loving the Nebula colors so far Binge!
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 May 2017, 14:15:00 by Robotical »

Offline btctopre

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 15:26:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

earl esc would be king of keyhat mountain if he were packing the proper equipment downstairs :llama: a boy can dream

Offline Robotical

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 15:32:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

earl esc would be king of keyhat mountain if he were packing the proper equipment downstairs :llama: a boy can dream

Use one of the heretic sliders.  :rolleyes:

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 18:58:59 »
In for a Nebula wildcard   ;D

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 23:54:42 »
In for a Nebula wildcard   ;D

Glad to see you've entered!