Author Topic: One custom keyboard in and I'm addicted  (Read 1138 times)

Offline PapaJjeff

One custom keyboard in and I'm addicted
« on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 00:15:10 »
Hello Geekhack!

My first mechanical keyboard I purchased was a RedDragon from Amazon... I said it. After using this disappointing product for a few months I began my first deep dive into the keyboard world. I was disheartened when I learned how pricy a good keyboard can run you, but was lucky enough to find (by pure chance) an old Ducky TKL with cherry MX blacks at a local thrift store. Thank you to the soul who let this one go for me to find. This keyboard is what gave me insight into, and what sold me on what this community is all about. I've been snooping around the world of mechanical keyboards ever since and I've come to the realization that if I want anything done that does not already exist I should probably start here. Along with building and customizing my own collection, I am very interested in the learning about the business/manufacturing/vendor side of this community.

If anyone has any tips for new members wanting to learn and unlock the mysteries of mechanical keyboard world please drop a comment :)