Author Topic: Introduction and Keyboard Info Request  (Read 1721 times)

Offline sirylj

Introduction and Keyboard Info Request
« on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 23:48:01 »
Hello, I'm new to this forum and thought this would be the best place to introduce myself (obviously) and the questions I had that prompted me to join.

For a while now, off and on I have searched for a full-sized keyboard with extra large keys (not print, physically larger keys).
I have found BigKeys and several other brands or types of keyboard that offer slightly larger key sizes, but have yet to find one which offers a full 105-key setup.
I am trying to find such a keyboard for my father who has trouble with the small key size on every keyboard he deals with.
After measuring the keyboard I use now, the keys in home-row are 0.5 inches square, I was hoping to increase the key size to about 0.75 inches square (and possibly scale the rest of the board), but not to much greater as to end with a unwieldy and overly large keyboard.
So if anyone can help me towards a keyboard or service they know of that can produce these results, I would be greatly happy with the help (and so would my dad).

For the TL;DR crowd :: I'm sirylj, and I need a 105-key keyboard with home-row key sizes of about 0.75 inches square.

(I don't have experience with doing so, but if this requires that I build a keyboard, through whatever means that requires, please provide the information so I can at least give it my best attempt.)

Thanks.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
Re: Introduction and Keyboard Info Request
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 02:47:28 »
Don't know about any keyboards with large keys. Its very niche. Tho if you want to build one, I believe our DIY section should have an article for making your own. Tho I wouldn't know what you'd do for keycaps... (Article by bpiphany, about CAD and DIY board). Maybe just extra spacing will help him not mistype, leaving you able to reuse standard keycaps.

Welcome to GeekHack.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline skryl

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 17:58:34 »
Welcome to GH mate!
Leopold FC200R Otaku MX Brown | Leopold FC200R Otaku MX Blue | SIIG Minitouch XM White | Noppoo Choc Mini MX Red | Ducky 1087 XM Green | Leopold FC200R MX Red | Apple M0116 Salmon Alps | Realforce 86U Topre

Offline Rinsaku

• lorem ipsum
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 04:21:52 »
Sorry I can't help you with what your describing, But welcome to Geekhack, and i hope you find what your looking for! ^_^
Current Boards : Apple m0116 (Salmon Alps), B.Face (Mx Clears), Filco Tkl (Mx Blues), HHKB Pro JP (Topre), Jd45 (78g Zealios), KBParadise v60 (Gateron Yellows), KBParadise v60 (Matias Quiet Click), Kbt Pure (Kailh Bronze), Leopold FC660M (Mx Browns), Minidox (Mod-H), Pok3r (62g Zealios)