geekhack Community > Reviews

Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro LE Green + Blue

(1/2) > >>

kelske:
Just a quick review with some pics ;D

Got this in the mail yesterday, absolutely love it. I've already got the same board with full blue switches and white PBT caps, so been easy to compare the feel between the two..

This is a TKL with a mix of Blue and Green Cherry MX switches:
*courtesy of mechanicalkeyboards.com

I really love the feel of these green switches, they're awesome. The difference in weight is obvious, but not massive on 1x1 keys. Even though greens are rated at 80g, they feel and sound very similar. Where the extra weight is especially apparent is on the function keys, particularly stabalised ones like backspace and shift.

The mix of different switch weights is interesting, but I really like it. I was a little concerned that the heavier function keys would be a bit taxing on my pinky but it doesn't seem to be an issue. Has a nice confirming 'yes you are performing this key combo' feel, where as the all blue board can sometimes feel a bit bitsy when playing with shortcuts in Illustrator, Photoshop and Sublime Text 2.

My only real gripe at the moment is that the backspace feels particularly stiff, but this might break in over time as the stabalizers wear in? Definitely not a game changer, still feels very pleasant.

These ninja PBT's are really nice.

Didn't take long to get my coloured keys back on :)

And now I have a whole set of black engraved PBT's without switches to live on

Would be really interested to try out the Brown + White version now, maybe I should pick one up for work where the clickyness of the blues may proove too much for my workmates.

Any questions feel free to ask!

jabar:
As a previous owner of a Ducky DK9008 G2Pro MX Green board, this one would have been nice as a TKL hybrid option but there were only like 5 available at MK.com. :(

kelske:

--- Quote from: jabar on Fri, 19 April 2013, 23:10:57 ---but there were only like 5 available at MK.com. :(

--- End quote ---

I luckily managed to pick this up, the last one from MK

Edit: grammar

jabar:
Based on timestamps from that day, they were gone within 2 hours of being posted.

kelske:
Yep! I was keeping a very close eye on the product page for this. Ended up buying it before breakfast one day before work (GMT +12 here in NZ). Might've been the only way I got in before they were all gone ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version