geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

I created a keycap set and named it "Gardenia"

<< < (2/4) > >>

Engedi_:
Can someone tell me how I can design a GMK keycap set?

seville57:

--- Quote from: BananaEmpress on Sun, 28 March 2021, 14:36:20 ---Thank you for the feedback! Yes it's a bit of a strech making the numrow different, but I decided to test how it looks. Will try and group the keys a bit better and color them more neatly - will also look into other keycap sets and see where they stand regarding the number of used colors and in what proportions they're used. I'm glad to hear that I'm on the right track though! Will work more on this set to try and perfect it. Thank you again for taking your time commenting and sharing your opinion, I really appreciate it  :D

--- End quote ---

The name makes me  think  of the Swedish word gardin = curtain, so now you have learned a Swedish Word.

It looks great, nice work.

BananaEmpress:

--- Quote from: KermittDaFrog on Mon, 29 March 2021, 16:57:01 ---Wow ! Nice keycaps set   :D
How much time did you past for modelling all of that in blender ?
I'm interested in 3d modelling, but i never really tried to model something, except technical parts in fusion 360 for 3d printing !

--- End quote ---

Thank you! I'm really happy you like it! Also sorry for the late response, this website is really confusing for me haha.
I didn't timelapse the whole process in Blender - I took it as a learning experience and wanted to know the program more, I think around 3 to 4 days of constant work? I really want to give it my all and create a usable and pleasant keycap set even if it means I should create it from scratch. I also followed various Youtube tutorials on what I needed to achieve specifically.
Modelling is fullfiling honestly! Mainly because you can position and create renders that really bring out what's best in what you create, also really fun to make - I will use this base render on other keycap sets that I have prepared, so there's another plus.
And it's useful for arthesian keycaps - something that I will look into the near future.

BananaEmpress:

--- Quote from: seville57 on Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:49:11 ---
--- Quote from: BananaEmpress on Sun, 28 March 2021, 14:36:20 ---Thank you for the feedback! Yes it's a bit of a strech making the numrow different, but I decided to test how it looks. Will try and group the keys a bit better and color them more neatly - will also look into other keycap sets and see where they stand regarding the number of used colors and in what proportions they're used. I'm glad to hear that I'm on the right track though! Will work more on this set to try and perfect it. Thank you again for taking your time commenting and sharing your opinion, I really appreciate it  :D

--- End quote ---

The name makes me  think  of the Swedish word gardin = curtain, so now you have learned a Swedish Word.

It looks great, nice work.

--- End quote ---

I'm really lad you like it! Can't wait to share with you the improved set :D
Also thank you for the fun info!

mehta:
i think this set is rly pretty! i'd love to see it come to fruition if you do decide to go that route

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version