geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What exactly can you do with a microcontroller(i.e. teensy, pro micro)

(1/3) > >>

Me:
I was wondering just out of curiosity whether a teensy or pro micro was something specifically for keyboards or something that could be used  for other electrical input devices?

MIGHTY CHICKEN:
You can use it to make anything really as long as you are able to write a script for it, its commonly used in those stem/tinkering classes where the course would be to connect pins from a micro to a breadboard or smth and write scripts to make it do cool stuff like turn on a light, run a motor, etc.

Me:
So basically its all in the firmware. If you can solder it together, and code the firmware, you can pretty much make anything that is within reason.

MIGHTY CHICKEN:

--- Quote from: Me on Sun, 16 May 2021, 22:03:41 ---So basically its all in the firmware. If you can solder it together, and code the firmware, you can pretty much make anything that is within reason.

--- End quote ---
Pretty much, the sky is the limit(If the sky is a tiny MCU)

Me:

--- Quote from: MIGHTY CHICKEN on Sun, 16 May 2021, 22:38:51 ---
--- Quote from: Me on Sun, 16 May 2021, 22:03:41 ---So basically its all in the firmware. If you can solder it together, and code the firmware, you can pretty much make anything that is within reason.

--- End quote ---
Pretty much, the sky is the limit(If the sky is a tiny MCU)

--- End quote ---

Haha. Thanks for the quick tidbit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version