geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What exactly can you do with a microcontroller(i.e. teensy, pro micro)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: Me on Sun, 16 May 2021, 20:42:17 ---I was wondering just out of curiosity whether a teensy or pro micro was something specifically for keyboards or something that could be used  for other electrical input devices?

--- End quote ---

They're no different then any other Arduino (Pro Micro IS an Arduino) or Raspberry Pi, just smaller with less computing power.

People use them to make sensors, motor controls, joysticks, throttle quadrants, steering wheels, pedal setups, volume knobs...

Me:
Ok, that makes plenty of sense. We worked with arduinos this year in Technology class(I am in 8th grade), albeit through a virtual circut building program due to..... things*.

*THERE'S A FREAKING PANDEMIC!"

tp4tissue:

yui:
the simplest way to look at it is that it is a very slow and dumb computer, with none of those fancy video capabilities etc. but much more resilient I/O and bigger voltage ranges. like a computer you can program it to do anything, but although you could run it, crysis would have a rather low frame-rate, in the few frames per day :) (i do not think anyone would be stupid enough to code cryengine in AVR C though, so it would be quite the task :))

TL;DR: microcontroler = very slow and simple PC

Me:
Does it have all the different parts(cpu, ram, gpu, memory, etc.) built into it then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version