Author Topic: Greetings from Chicago  (Read 845 times)

Offline TheMechaholic

Greetings from Chicago
« on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 11:49:25 »
Hello everyone, I'm a recent addition to the hobby I started becoming interested in the custom mechs hobby in early 2019 but it took until the start of the Chicago Covid lockdown for me to go in and build my own mech. I decided to go with a  GK61 build with BOX Navys but then changed to some NK Creams because my father and I had to share a workspace as a result of the lockdown and the constant clicking from the Navys was a bit too much to handle. Since then I finally went in on my first group buy and got the NK65 Awaken, I'm patiently waiting for that to enter production.

Offline Maledicted

Re: Greetings from Chicago
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 11:01:15 »
Hello everyone, I'm a recent addition to the hobby I started becoming interested in the custom mechs hobby in early 2019 but it took until the start of the Chicago Covid lockdown for me to go in and build my own mech. I decided to go with a  GK61 build with BOX Navys but then changed to some NK Creams because my father and I had to share a workspace as a result of the lockdown and the constant clicking from the Navys was a bit too much to handle. Since then I finally went in on my first group buy and got the NK65 Awaken, I'm patiently waiting for that to enter production.

Hi TheMechaholic. Welcome to Geekhack.

I thin the pandemic has done that to a lot of people. No turning back now.

box navies are a little high pitched, and pretty freaking loud. Maybe something lower pitched like box jades or pinks would be a little more amenable? Matias clickies and SKCM blue Alps are bassy too, but kind of niche I suppose.

Those NK65s do look like great little boards.