Author Topic: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.  (Read 528730 times)

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

Re: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.
« Reply #2400 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:31:16 »
Oats with some barley flakes and other less boring stuff sprinkled in for breakfast, some sort of either quark cheese or scrambled eggs for second breakfast, then something hot for lunch and dinner and typically a salad for supper. The salad usually contains some form of cereal and some form of protein. Lunch or dinner is often something Asian, Mexican, African or at least Mediterranean, as are the salads usually.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2401 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 14:52:32 »
Oats with some barley flakes and other less boring stuff sprinkled in for breakfast, some sort of either quark cheese or scrambled eggs for second breakfast, then something hot for lunch and dinner and typically a salad for supper. The salad usually contains some form of cereal and some form of protein. Lunch or dinner is often something Asian, Mexican, African or at least Mediterranean, as are the salads usually.

Errytn'gs Gud'   But then, CHOLESTEROL. !!!

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2402 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 17:40:32 »

I had eggs and bacon for breakfast last morning

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2403 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 22:21:02 »
skipped the gym the past few days and just ordered Shake Shack for dinner, I'm such a little piggy  :-[

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2404 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 22:25:28 »
skipped the gym the past few days and just ordered Shake Shack for dinner, I'm such a little piggy  :-[

Atonement: 100 pushups 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 10km run.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2405 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 07:10:23 »
eating cheerios and got home from vacation

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2406 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 07:26:27 »

Those only just came to Arizona! When I got home from Russia this summer, I came into Phoenix, and they had one in the Airport.

It was quite good! I'd do it again, if it weren't like a 3 hour drive one way for me.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2407 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 20:04:26 »
Ate blueberries and toast sandwich

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2408 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 21:00:43 »

tomorrow 2.5 gym hours  :mad:

Offline iri

« Reply #2409 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 09:51:57 »

Are you trying to compensate for the skipped days or is that your typical gym session?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2410 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 17:25:00 »

Are you trying to compensate for the skipped days or is that your typical gym session?

idk I'm strongly considering giving it up, it's done literally nothing at all for me going consistently the past 3 months. Seems like a huge waste of time and energy so far. Don't feel any better, haven't lost any weight, it's super boring, repetitive time sink, and it mostly just leaves me sore with zero positive benifits at all whatsoever. I see no point to exercise really.

I told myself I'd go for 6 months but it's just such a useless activity

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2411 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 20:55:05 »

idk I'm strongly considering giving it up, it's done literally nothing at all for me going consistently the past 3 months. Seems like a huge waste of time and energy so far. Don't feel any better, haven't lost any weight, it's super boring, repetitive time sink, and it mostly just leaves me sore with zero positive benifits at all whatsoever. I see no point to exercise really.

Well your attitude certainly won't help.

What's your diet like? That'll be the definitive factor for weight loss.

What's your routine? Are you following a program? Do you only do cardio?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2412 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 17:30:46 »

Diet is unchanged, I pretty much eat whatever I want which is 4 meals a day. I eat something unhealthy maybe 2-3x a week. I was going to the gym about 3x a week for 1-1.75 hours at a time. About 40-50 mins cardio and 15-25 mins weights each day. Did this for 3 months with no gains, no losses, just soreness and wasted time.

I'm pretty sure I'm done w/ the gym, and realize I'm not gonna be some ripped god in 3 months time but I expected some progress at all. No muscle gain and no weight loss after all this time and effort, it's just a massive waste of time.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2413 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 17:44:07 »

Diet is unchanged, I pretty much eat whatever I want which is 4 meals a day. I eat something unhealthy maybe 2-3x a week. I was going to the gym about 3x a week for 1-1.75 hours at a time. About 40-50 mins cardio and 15-25 mins weights each day. Did this for 3 months with no gains, no losses, just soreness and wasted time.

I'm pretty sure I'm done w/ the gym, and realize I'm not gonna be some ripped god in 3 months time but I expected some progress at all. No muscle gain and no weight loss after all this time and effort, it's just a massive waste of time.

Yeah your diet is definitely not helping at all. The 2-3x cheat meals definitely don't help either.

Your workouts definitely need to be adjusted. You're better off running starting strength or another strength building program.

I'd agree you wasted time but that's because you planned poorly and didn't do yourself any favors. You can definitely see results if you change your diet and go into the gym with a proper routine.

Offline iri

« Reply #2414 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 11:23:42 »
About 40-50 mins cardio and 15-25 mins weights each day. Did this for 3 months with no gains, no losses, just soreness and wasted time.
You won't get sick gains in 3 months by doing that little resistance training.

Anyway, I've been lifting weights in 2016-2017 for about a year, 1.5 hours 3-4 times a week. After an injury, I decided not to continue because I wasn't satisfied by the gains and after each training I only felt tired.

Early 2019, I tried couch to 5k and that was a life changing experience. Finishing a running session, I felt great, and in the early stages of the training, I used to get the runner high quite often. After getting to a reasonable running shape, I am now more alert, focused and in better mood than before. Medical students can learn anatomy looking at my legs. And even my lungs are now officially healthy -- even though I've been asthmatic since 1998. I can't even remember when was the last time I used the inhaler.

To each his own I guess.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2415 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 21:56:49 »
When I fluctuate weight, being able to breathe easier is always one of the biggest things I love about it.

I'm on the gain right now, I've got to swing that pendulum back the other way.  :'(

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2416 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 11:56:01 »
I literally ate a raw onion for dinner last night. Bruh.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2417 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 12:02:27 »
When I fluctuate weight, being able to breathe easier is always one of the biggest things I love about it.

I'm on the gain right now, I've got to swing that pendulum back the other way.  :'(

You mean while jogging ?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2418 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 15:07:08 »

Managed to cook this for supper.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2419 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 19:24:22 »

You mean while jogging ?

There, but also just sitting in certain ways, and moving around, and in general. I very much notice a difference when I'm larger.

If i'm large enough as well my Asthma comes back.

snip

Fried rice?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2420 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 19:34:10 »

You mean while jogging ?

There, but also just sitting in certain ways, and moving around, and in general. I very much notice a difference when I'm larger.

snip

Fried rice?

it's 'cause the fat is crushing your organs

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2421 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 16:17:08 »

You mean while jogging ?

This is true. A fat gut restricts movement of the diaphragm. When fat, just bending over or sitting in certain positions made me feel out of breath.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2422 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 20:07:51 »

You mean while jogging ?

This is true. A fat gut restricts movement of the diaphragm. When fat, just bending over or sitting in certain positions made me feel out of breath.

This is exactly it.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2424 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 21:08:52 »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2425 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 06:48:07 »
I ate rice and tomatoes for supper last night

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #2426 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 19:03:52 »
I did my Chicken Rice soup last night, which is fairly easy:

First buy fried chicken and don't eat all of it. (This is my problem, I love Fried chicken.)

heat up some little oil in a big pot, cut up some celery, and a tiny bit of ginger, and fry it in the oil for a few minutes,

after that shred the remaining fried chicken, breast pieces are Ace for this.

make a rice-maker full of Rice, or a large pot of it, you want it to be about half the side of the pot you are making the soup in.

once this is good, I turn down the heat on the big pot, fill it with water about half way, and then start putting the rice in.

Once the rice become more porridge like, I salt and pepper it (Quite a bit of salt since it's a big pot), and serve it up.

-------------------------------------

I can't think of anything more relaxing when you are sick. Since I'm getting sick right now.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2427 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 07:44:51 »
ate granola

Offline Daynoh

• workhabor
« Reply #2428 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 09:47:59 »
I can eat anything, including metal if properly boiled. The only thing I can't stand is Sushi

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2429 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 22:39:04 »
Why I'll never go vegan, Exhibit A:

Offline iri

« Reply #2430 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 01:54:22 »
I am on a plant based diet now and this is cruel!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2431 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 04:46:23 »
Oooow, this is not helping...
I moved to veggies few weeks ago.

Where is TP?! HELP!
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2432 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 07:44:51 »
Oooow, this is not helping...
I moved to veggies few weeks ago.

Where is TP?! HELP!

Total PlantBased 4,   100% veggie,  NO OIL..   

Any questions or concerns feel free to PM.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2433 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 08:09:11 »
Why I'll never go vegan, Exhibit A:

NT, given the science,  what you've said is the same as saying, " I'll never use the internet. "  when it was 1995.

You will go plant based, nature will make that decision for us, whether we like it or not. (Climate change)

But I assure you, you'll like it. And it should also solve the majority of your medical issues.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2434 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 12:09:43 »
Wawa 2 for $4 sizzli for breakfast. Wawa hoagie for lunch. Today was a good day.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2435 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 22:00:47 »
Wawa 2 for $4 sizzli for breakfast. Wawa hoagie for lunch. Today was a good day.

Gotta go m0ar Veggie. Greater boost 2 Immune systems.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2436 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 16:00:15 »
eat steak

Offline Daniel-J

« Reply #2437 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 06:02:42 »
I love all food where there's no onions or fish and bones. I like to fish, but I don't like the process of removing bones from it. I guess it's all from childhood.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2438 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 09:02:29 »
I love all food where there's no onions or fish and bones. I like to fish, but I don't like the process of removing bones from it. I guess it's all from childhood.

Ya gotta watch -The Game Changers (2019)- documentary on netflix. 

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2439 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 21:25:31 »
I ate a chocolate chip cookie today

Offline olidavhay

« Reply #2440 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 22:59:33 »
I eat doubledecker peanut butter sandwiches with sugar sprinkles.

I have issues.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2441 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 01:33:49 »
so nasty

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #2442 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 03:57:18 »
I had a nice toast with white cheese, onions and red peppers this morning.

For lunch/dinner we will have potato pancakes (in polish, placki ziemniaczane).

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Feth

« Reply #2443 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 11:34:53 »
homemade pizza :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline fatcoffeebeans

« Reply #2444 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 11:59:51 »
mostly ramen, eggs and oatmeal. oh how these times are strange. these things are super cheap but I wish I knew more things to make, I would eat other things
Topre Realforce 45g 87u

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2445 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 12:04:38 »
mostly ramen, eggs and oatmeal. oh how these times are strange. these things are super cheap but I wish I knew more things to make, I would eat other things

Eggs= Cholesterol Bombs.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2446 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 21:26:22 »
Ate chicken and rice :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2447 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 20:38:14 »
bein' a lil piggy lately. so many restaurants are doing big specials with deliveries, and I wanna do my part supporting the local places to help keep them open during this crises.

I'm crises eating, eating for a cure!

It's ok, by the time this is all over everyone will be either fat or dead.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2448 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 23:56:40 »
half donut, half croissant, and when you squeeze the bubble it gets injected with blueberry syrup

consumed with some kumquat boba green tea

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2449 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:25:28 »
Yo, what did I miss

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again