Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 577452 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 24 March 2014, 14:16:27 »
Seems like a lot of the animated smiley faces have been glitchy lately. I feel like :P is the best example. Seems like half the time I use it, it's the text

Code: [Select]
:P

Instead of :P

That happens if you quote a post that contains a picture.

Been happening for a long time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #351 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 00:58:11 »
This is probably only a "bug" for the pedantic, but maybe I'm not the only one to notice.

On the Spy, it says "1 minutes ago".  Can it say "1 minute ago"?

60661-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 06:40:28 »
Don't know if this one is known yet, but smileys are disabled after embedding a Youtube video, see here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57505

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #353 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 04:37:55 »
Don't know if this one is known yet, but smileys are disabled after embedding a Youtube video, see here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57505

You have a smiley in your first post (the post with the video).

Other posts include smileys.

No-one has quoted the video, however there is a known problem with smileys not being translated to pictures if you quote a post containing a picture.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #354 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 13:03:57 »
I meant the line below the video, the
:thumb: does not get "translated" into an image.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 06:17:30 »
I meant the line below the video, the
:thumb: does not get "translated" into an image.

Aha!  I missed that one.

Maybe smilie translation is turned off when a certain type of link is processed, be it in a quote or a youtube link.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 07:52:51 »
Not sure if it's just me or what, but when trying to update my profile, I keep getting this message:

62835-0

Are we cracking down on sigs now? If so that's fine, just want to know if I need to change it or not...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:01:28 »
Not sure if it's just me or what, but when trying to update my profile, I keep getting this message:

(Attachment Link)

Are we cracking down on sigs now? If so that's fine, just want to know if I need to change it or not...

Someone posted an autoplay youtube video in their signature, I'm guessing that's what has led to this.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:03:16 »

(Attachment Link)

Someone posted an autoplay youtube video in their signature, I'm guessing that's what has led to this.

Ah, gotcha.

And it's not even my sig I need to update, it's my personal text. Pretty sure it's no longer #TBT...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 11:34:43 »

(Attachment Link)

Same thing here. The original is till there. It's just impossible to update.
Then again, I use: color, more and glow for it.

Sig:

|||Daily driver: Keycool 87 LE YotD
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
Soon™
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|Assorted keycaps
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

EDIT: What is the max number of columns in a table here?
More
ABCDEFGH

Hmmmm....

EDIT2:
|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming|Raptor K1 Gaming
EDIT3: Nevermind. Can't table :X
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:57:36 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #360 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 09:58:16 »

(Attachment Link)

It was a glitch. I think it's fixed now since I ran into the same issue.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 10:06:28 »

(Attachment Link)

It was a glitch. I think it's fixed now since I ran into the same issue.

Yeah, it's working fine now. Thanks!
tp thread is tp thread

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 10:15:11 »
Excellent! Thanks. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

Offline sordna

« Reply #363 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 18:03:35 »
The WASDkeyboards vendor forum disappeared today !  What happened ?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 18:20:14 »
see: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57664.0

WASD has discontinued support of their subforum, most likely because of the volume of business they now do. not a bad thing, but it's a disservice to both wasd and the community to leave an unmaintained forum up that is years out of date.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline sordna

« Reply #365 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 18:40:01 »
see: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57664.0

WASD has discontinued support of their subforum, most likely because of the volume of business they now do. not a bad thing, but it's a disservice to both wasd and the community to leave an unmaintained forum up that is years out of date.

Ok. So when you archive a forum (looks like Kinesis is gone too :-/) can we still visit it with a different link, or is it in some sort of inaccessible backup ?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #366 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:07:47 »
it's backed up but inaccessible.

kinesis had four threads in it. one of them was relocated to ergonomics by request.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 19:38:32 »
I'm getting EXTREMELY slow response from GH today.

It takes several tries to load a page, and in fact this page has not fully loaded yet after more than 5 minutes.  I hope this post goes through.

I have checked other sites, all of which open quickly, so I'm fairly certain it is not a problem with my internet connection.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 20:09:58 »

It takes several tries to load a page, and in fact this page has not fully loaded yet after more than 5 minutes.  I hope this post goes through.

I have checked other sites, all of which open quickly, so I'm fairly certain it is not a problem with my internet connection.

Same here. It's doing the same thing to me.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 20:13:52 »

You're not alone.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 20:15:58 »

Yea me too.....its getting really annoying

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 21:21:49 »
Damn GH was down for the last 2 hours or so, that sucked. But at least it gave me time to put MX sliders in my leo....

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 21:28:02 »
Damn GH was down for the last 2 hours or so, that sucked. But at least it gave me time to put MX sliders in my leo....

Pictures  :) ?
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 21:28:41 »

Topre sliders thread! :D

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 21:30:49 »

Topre sliders thread! :D

You just made me so happy, sir haha.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #375 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 21:38:43 »
Performance and response seems much better now - back to normal - hopefully GH wasn't attacked again :eek:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 02:53:24 »
Performance and response seems much better now - back to normal - hopefully GH wasn't attacked again :eek:

It's still happening to me sporadically  :(
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Belfong

« Reply #377 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 02:56:15 »

When I had trouble accessing GH this morning, the first thought that came into my mind is "awww ****, did I just missed another 4Grabs sales?"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #378 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 06:20:48 »
Is it just me or did all the avatars disappear?

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 06:49:49 »
Is it just me or did all the avatars disappear?

Will fix.  Nothing with the site...it's the perimeter.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #380 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 06:50:22 »
Fixed.  WAF was not in monitor-only mode (which was the intended mode).  ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #381 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 06:53:47 »
Thank you for the update, iMav!

Too late for me though, bed time now.

Good night!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #382 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 07:57:58 »
When I try and quote a post I just get a loading bar and nothing happens. :(

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #383 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 07:58:48 »
Works for me, wonder what causes that?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 07:59:20 »
 ???

Works for me, wonder what causes that?

Sure now it's going to work. :facepalm:

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 08:00:38 »
I'm just that good  :p
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 15:19:02 »

I get that sometimes.  There is a "X" on the right side that AFAIK is supposed to cancel the quoting process - I don't seem to recall that that worked either.

Sometimes this happens when my internet connection flakes out, so I put it down to that.

On each occasion simply reloading the page and clicking the Quote link again works.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 01:56:58 »
Is it just me or I'm not getting anymore emails from my PMs?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 05:03:25 »
Is it just me or I'm not getting anymore emails from my PMs?

I got a couple about 8 hours ago.

Not that I get a lot of PMs, but I haven't noticed any without a corresponding email notification.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 08:15:57 »
My last email notification for a PM was last Thursday.

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 10:44:40 »
Not sure if it is a bug, but I posted something to the Classifieds yesterday and it still has not shown up. I know it has to get approved by mods but I see a bunch of new posts today, and I tried posting mine yesterday. Any help would be appreciated, and I'm sorry if this is a ridiculous question. I really need to sell my Filco though!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #391 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 10:49:13 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 12:47:42 »
Seems like a lot of double and triple posts lately, is it a forum bug?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 16:19:33 »

Yeah I noticed a few times when I would click post the page would just sit there loading forever.  So eventually I would have to press back and click post again which resulted in a double post.

Not sure if that is what is happening to other people.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:32:09 by CommonCurt »
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 10:57:36 »

Yeah I noticed a few times when I would click post the page would just sit there loading forever.  So eventually I would have to press back and click post again which resulted in a double post.

Not sure if that is what is happening to other people.

It's happening to me as well.

I click post, then error 503 or endless loading.  I click back, before clicking post again, I check the thread in a separate tab and sometimes it is already posted.  Once there was something like a 2 minute delay before the post appeared after getting an error 503.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #395 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:12:57 »
we are working on this. it seems to be an issue with the dns proxy. please keep reporting it here when you see the behavior. imav has been tweaking the gateway settings trying to stamp it out, but we have to figure out what's really going on here.

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:17:08 »
Is there a reason none of My classifieds listings have gone through? I've tried twice now   :(

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:28:49 »
we are working on this. it seems to be an issue with the dns proxy. please keep reporting it here when you see the behavior. imav has been tweaking the gateway settings trying to stamp it out, but we have to figure out what's really going on here.

OK boss. 'will do. :thumb:

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #398 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:34:28 »
Is there a reason none of My classifieds listings have gone through? I've tried twice now   :(
the problem seems to hit posts that link images in image tags the hardest. hence our suspicion that it's a dns resolution issue.

try attaching your images to your post. that seems to work better in my testing. unfortunately this is a bit of an odd one, as the gateway devices are not overloaded, but certain daemons are timing out with behavior that would indicate an overload.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #399 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 23:28:22 »
So offtopic threads now have to be approved?? I thought mods were already busy.