Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 577424 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 07:49:55 »
Anyone having trouble with PM's being lost?

That's similar to what was happening to me.  Oddly enough, after I uninstalled tapatalk on my phone, all the problems went away.  Dunno how that works.

My issue is I pm'd a few different people for different things and none of them replied , they are all usually very responsive so I thought maybe the PM's got lost in the ether.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #551 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 19:19:54 »
When I click on a lot of links, only half of my page loads. If I refresh then it will load a little bit more but then it freezes again.

Might be the same as noisyturtle said.

Only been happening after I've been on for a couple of hours.

Is this links to GH pages, or links to external pages?

If it is external pages, GH doesn't have much (any) control over how they load.

Nope, just GH. Mostly it happens on threads, but it also happens on the indexes. I have to refresh a page about half a dozen times, sometimes more to get the full thread.

I've had to hit the reply button on this just to see the previous posts because it wouldn't load.

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!! D:
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #552 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 20:12:31 »
I haven't been having this problem.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #553 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 20:34:30 »
When I click on a lot of links, only half of my page loads. If I refresh then it will load a little bit more but then it freezes again.

Might be the same as noisyturtle said.

Only been happening after I've been on for a couple of hours.

Is this links to GH pages, or links to external pages?

If it is external pages, GH doesn't have much (any) control over how they load.

Nope, just GH. Mostly it happens on threads, but it also happens on the indexes. I have to refresh a page about half a dozen times, sometimes more to get the full thread.

I've had to hit the reply button on this just to see the previous posts because it wouldn't load.

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!! D:

Just had this happen with a few threads. can't read through the soarer converter thread  :-\
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 October 2014, 21:04:18 by SpAmRaY »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #554 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 20:25:46 »
I have a problem loading a page fully.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #555 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 21:09:56 »

pictures doesnt load fully.  :(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #556 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 21:44:52 »
Does anyone else get it where they'll  visit a page, but it will still show up as unseen on the "Show new replies to your posts." and "Show unread topics since last visit." tabs?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #557 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 21:45:54 »
Does anyone else get it where they'll  visit a page, but it will still show up as unseen on the "Show new replies to your posts." and "Show unread topics since last visit." tabs?

Been getting it for a while.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #558 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 21:50:56 »

Been getting it for a while.

I have too, but haven't seen anyone mention it yet.  It's annoying as hell.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #559 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 22:17:09 »
I don't really mind it, but I can see how you find it annoying.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #560 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 22:23:14 »
500 error whenever I try and change my profile.

****in' with my avatar continuity between Steam and GH right now.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #561 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 00:08:30 »

Are you noticing that it's more common when specific users are the most recent post? Happens all the time for me when hwood is the last to have posted. Not to pick on you, hwood.  :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #562 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 00:14:11 »

Are you noticing that it's more common when specific users are the most recent post? Happens all the time for me when hwood is the last to have posted. Not to pick on you, hwood.  :P

I haven't.  It seems random.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #563 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 00:23:10 »

I haven't.  It seems random.

Random for me too, sometimes it will do it for one person's comments in several threads, but then it will be a different person the next time..

Offline Veridis

« Reply #564 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 01:25:45 »

I'm having the same problem. I don't know why, but using my ISP's proxy solved this for me. However I would prefer to not use a proxy... Hope this get fixed!
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #565 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 01:35:19 »

I'm having the same problem. I don't know why, but using my ISP's proxy solved this for me. However I would prefer to not use a proxy... Hope this get fixed!

Sometimes this happens to me, but when I refresh it is fixed usually.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #566 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 15:11:08 »
I'm consistently getting "500 Internal Server Error" trying to add a post with an attachment to http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61948.0

Click Preview, click Attachments, Browse and select the file (a 29KB JPG), select "Inline full-size image" and click Post.  Error 500 every time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #567 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 19:10:18 »
I'm consistently getting "500 Internal Server Error" trying to add a post with an attachment to http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61948.0

Click Preview, click Attachments, Browse and select the file (a 29KB JPG), select "Inline full-size image" and click Post.  Error 500 every time.

Yup, no attachments working here either

Offline Veridis

« Reply #568 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 20:48:34 »

Sometimes this happens to me, but when I refresh it is fixed usually.
If I surf Geekhack without a proxy, it almost always never fully loads a page. Only started happening a few days ago..
Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX Brown) | CM Rapid-i (MX Brown) | Realforce 87u 45g Uniform | CM Novatouch | Ducky Zero TKL (MX Brown) | Das Keyboard III (MX Blue)

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #569 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 00:00:36 »

Same for me here in Vietnam.
I like linear switches

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #570 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 00:06:56 »

same here, no matter how small the photo is, the same error come up every time.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #571 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:30:24 »
And today images are only loading half way. Boy these servers get better and better everyday!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #572 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 21:21:37 »
Never saw this one before. My post still went through though.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #573 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 21:59:45 »
Never saw this one before. My post still went through though.

Show Image

I've seen that a few times.  Most recently this morning (about 4 hours ago).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 09:09:08 »
When I browse this thread:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42824.2350
The page was only loaded to this point and stopped:

I tried on Firefox and Google Chrome but the results are the same.
I like linear switches

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #575 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 09:28:22 »
Show Image

yeah i get that randomly happen to me on threads too

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #576 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 13:08:39 »
Show Image

Also happens for really long, continuous PMs.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #577 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 19:44:54 »
Show Image

Also happens for really long, continuous PMs.

Currently, if I set the number of posts / page to 25, the issue did not happen again.
Now I can see all posts properly. It seems the root cause is the 50-post-per-page setting.
I like linear switches

Offline swathe

« Reply #578 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 22:04:05 »
I don't know if I'm going blind but I can't find where to set the timezone to suit where I live.

Anyone help please?
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 23:07:59 »
I don't know if I'm going blind but I can't find where to set the timezone to suit where I live.

Anyone help please?

Click on Profile.

Then Modify Profile - Look and Layout.

Offline Veridis

« Reply #580 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 11:20:19 »
This website still doesn't load fully for me most of the time.
Browsing using Tapatalk is fine, but it is frustrating when on a laptop/pc!

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #581 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 13:27:40 »

Show Image

phoenix above said switching number of post display to 25 helped make the problem go away
i have the same issue and i switched to 25 posts display and so far haven't had that issue

Or maybe its just TacticalStache's fault

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #582 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:36:42 »

Show Image

phoenix above said switching number of post display to 25 helped make the problem go away
i have the same issue and i switched to 25 posts display and so far haven't had that issue

I too am having this problem. However, it never used to be a problem, which leads me to believe there is a deeper issue here than simply modifying your user settings.

Another screenshot for redundancy:

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #583 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:38:22 »

Show Image

I too am having this problem. However, it never used to be a problem, which leads me to believe there is a deeper issue here than simply modifying your user settings.

Show Image

I haven't had the problem since modifying my user settings. So it seems to be a temporary solution at least.

Offline swathe

« Reply #584 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 16:11:48 »

Anyone help please?

Click on Profile.

Then Modify Profile - Look and Layout.

Thanks man
DAS Professional MX Blue
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition MX Blue

Linux + Emacs

Offline Veridis

« Reply #585 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 20:43:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

I haven't had the problem since modifying my user settings. So it seems to be a temporary solution at least.

Unfortunately for me the the problem still persists after changing my Topics to display per page to 25 and Messages to display per page to 25 @__@
It happens everywhere on the site and not only in threads.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 20:46:14 by Veridis »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #586 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 17:44:04 »
Changing the post per page to 25 didn't do anything. All images uploaded through the GH uploader are still broken.

Offline pnutster

« Reply #587 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 12:23:17 »
Not sure if this is the right area, but the post verification captcha, that is for all members? Or only for members with less than xx-amount of posts?
Kinesis Advantage
Logitech Cordless Trackman FX Optical Trackball
Apple TrackPad

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #588 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 12:27:04 »
Not sure if this is the right area, but the post verification captcha, that is for all members? Or only for members with less than xx-amount of posts?

Less than 20 or 25 posts I believe.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #589 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 15:22:09 »
hello

the site wont let me add an avatar, its 225x225 which should be accepted? i have tried other photos as well to no avail

"Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information."
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline pnutster

« Reply #590 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 17:28:32 »

Less than 20 or 25 posts I believe.

OK Thanks!
Kinesis Advantage
Logitech Cordless Trackman FX Optical Trackball
Apple TrackPad

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #591 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 15:00:56 »
We believe that the performance bug is squished now.  Thanks iMav and mkawa!  Please post if you are still having trouble.

I will be updating the forum software tonight, which will include updating the Tapatalk plugin.  There will be a short downtime.
Russ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #592 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 22:12:43 »
Ever since the site went to https,  my cellphone browser is telling me that the sites security certificate is not trusted?

Just thought I'd mention it.

Never mind,  I just read this --> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65658.0
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 November 2014, 22:52:57 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #593 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 14:21:30 »
Don't know if this has anything to do with the recent certificate problems, but embedded youtube videos don't show for me, just empty space where they should be
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #594 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 14:50:56 »
test

« Last Edit: Sat, 15 November 2014, 14:53:18 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #595 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 14:54:04 »
Not working for me.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #596 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 14:54:21 »
no, this 'load unsafe content' issue in chrome. on the right side of the title bar, click the shield icon and then "load unsecured content".

there is a fairly simple workaround for this that i will put on the todo.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #597 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 15:29:01 »
Aha, there we go. thanks :thumb: my troubleshooting capability is on vacation :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #598 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 12:55:21 »
Does that mean the https version of youtube videos will now work?  Let's see:

Edit:  Nope

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #599 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:00:38 »
Does that mean the https version of youtube videos will now work?  Let's see:

Edit:  Nope

The HTTPS youtube videos not working is not an SMF issue, it's something to do with how youtube encodes content in HTTPS pages.

Or so I've been told, anyway. If I'm wrong that means we can fix it.