Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370231 times)

Offline ritingon

Quick question (that I sincerely hope hasn't been answered already): is the included badge color the same as the top case?  Or bottom case?

Offline MicroPepega

Quick question (that I sincerely hope hasn't been answered already): is the included badge color the same as the top case?  Or bottom case?

I believe it's the same color as the bottom case

Offline beekey

There is a table on the GB page with the color combinations for each of the sets:

Offline acaban

What board and badge type is everyone getting and why?

Personally, I'll probably be down for an e-white to match my future funk keycaps. I am undecided on base layout of 1u or 2u though. Both look dope. It's hard to choose.

1u, because I usually map the right shift tap as home and the key next to up to end.

Offline ritingon

There is a table on the GB page with the color combinations for each of the sets:
Show Image

So there is.  I even glanced at that and managed not to read that part.  Many thanks.

Offline cloudtastrophe

THERE ARE TOO MANY OPTIONS. THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT BUT ME HAVING AN ANXIETY ATTACK.

Offline lz2019

such long thread, it's a bit disappointed the color combinations turned out very limited at last,
offering 7 top colors and 4 bottom colors, ending with only 10 choices?  it's unlimited GB, why not free combination.
anyway, wish the GB successful

Offline dereknt

such long thread, it's a bit disappointed the color combinations turned out very limited at last,
offering 7 top colors and 4 bottom colors, ending with only 10 choices?  it's unlimited GB, why not free combination.
anyway, wish the GB successful

If this current combination already give oldcat cold sweats, unlimited GB with free combination will cause him to go mental. Unlimit GB and free combination is a QC/Logistic nightmare.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Alex's build stream of the PC version: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/684464581
Apiary and Alex will be both building an aluminum version next week. I will also send my own prototype to Tiny/Taeha next week. Their schedules may not work out for the GB (afaik Taeha is moving now), but at least you will enjoy the build streams some time!

Offline X_point

Show Image

Will the schrodinger be one of these combinations or completely random ?

Offline lamonayon

Alex's build stream of the PC version: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/684464581
Apiary and Alex will be both building an aluminum version next week. I will also send my own prototype to Tiny/Taeha next week. Their schedules may not work out for the GB (afaik Taeha is moving now), but at least you will enjoy the build streams some time!

Which colorway is Apiary getting OC?

Offline drlemon14afc

Probably been answered already but, any chance the badges, weights, plates i.e. all the extra bits will be available at a later release date?
I'm definitely in for a spare PCB and brass badge but I'm not sure I could go in for the matching weight and potential extra badges this month :( I can understand if this won't be the case but feeling hopeful!

Offline Kings

Show Image

Will the schrodinger be one of these combinations or completely random ?

I believe they said it would be random.

Offline StoryB

2U Stormtrooper gang <3

Offline KurtKurtson

1U PC just ordered

Offline Noodlehouse

I believe the schrodinger will be different colors and randomized from a few colorways that oldcat likes.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 12:15:16 by Noodlehouse »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
My order is in.  Thank you, looking forward to this little board build.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline JoltFX

2U ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nediah

PC 2U ordered. Can’t wait

Offline JoltFX

2U Stormtrooper gang <3
Yes... just YES

Offline Kaptain Mike

• discord: kaptainmike
Are you guys going for the 2U or the 1U layout? What do you think most people will opt for?

Offline VoidX

[IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway
« Reply #1321 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 14:42:13 »
I got 2U deep ocean to match Hammerhead, with extra blue 2u nautical. 2u seems more popular I think- I just like the look more as it separates from the arrows. A couple novelties in that top right would be clean

Offline JoltFX

I got 2U deep ocean to match Hammerhead, with extra blue 2u nautical. 2u seems more popular I think- I just like the look more as it separates from the arrows. A couple novelties in that top right would be clean
Agreed

Offline Kaptain Mike

The 2U looks super cool to me so that is what I am going for. Can someone explain to me the 4XRGB kits? Is this more for the PC bottom or can I still make use of this rgb kit?

Offline ninjacore

Can someone explain to me the 4XRGB kits? Is this more for the PC bottom or can I still make use of this rgb kit?

4 LEDs shining UP around your escape key

Offline Kaptain Mike

So just for that one key eh? What about the leds for the rest of the board? On the GB page the PCB description does not say "rgb" but there is mention of "1x LED diffuser". What does this mean exactly? Sorry I am a total noob that just found out about this board.

Offline JoltFX

The board has under glow but no per key lighting aside from the ESC with the kit and the badge

Offline Kaptain Mike

The board has under glow but no per key lighting aside from the ESC with the kit and the badge

Thanks for clarifying!

Offline hkhawk

Are you guys going for the 2U or the 1U layout? What do you think most people will opt for?

I like 2u better just because it is fully surrounded by the case on all sides rather than right on the edge of the board. It looks more "balanced" to me.

Offline isaiasr212

Ordered the Standard 2U PC. I definitely wanted to order the extras, but couldn't till the end of this month as I will be picking up a Tesla Model Y hopefully in 2 weeks time. Fingers crossed the extra parts will be available till then.

Offline CaptRiskyBiscuits

Does anyone want to help me chose? PC or Robocop. GMK Apollo is going to go on initially. I NEED HELP

Offline prognostics

Does anyone want to help me chose? PC or Robocop. GMK Apollo is going to go on initially. I NEED HELP

Robocop if it's your first build, PC if it's not

Offline CaptRiskyBiscuits

Robocop if it's your first build, PC if it's not

It's my first bigger build. So I think i'll do robocop. I really like the PC though. If it was smoked it'd be a no brainer.

EDIT: Robocop it is. Ordered
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 18:49:13 by CaptRiskyBiscuits »

Offline Vncity86

Silly question about the Schrodinger Colors, do they just pick a random one for you; or are they special colors?
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 23:58:00 by Vncity86 »

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Random + special actually :D
Silly question about the Schrodinger Colorals, do they just pick a random one for you; or are they special colors?

Offline Vncity86

I'm very tempted now haha, quite the gamble though.

Random + special actually :D
Silly question about the Schrodinger Colorals, do they just pick a random one for you; or are they special colors?

Offline TheMegaSean

2U Stormtrooper w/ additional PCB + Plate. As well as a white nautical badge.
Having this keeb, Space65, and RAMA M65-B (whenever it arrives), I think I’m finally set!

EDIT: It's just a bummer that shipping to Taiwan is $70 from HK. That being said, I'm still very happy about this purchase.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2020, 01:18:26 by TheMegaSean »

Offline puq

Copped a 2U Stormtrooper with an extra purple lightbulb badge to match some of my favorite keysets, and I'm so stoked. My first group buy. Been lurking forever and finally pulled the trigger on something major. Really wanted a purple weight but decided to spare my wallet further abuse since the bottom will very seldom be seen. Will be hounding the Graystudio instagram for production updates. Love yall

Offline Stev!e

Picked up a 1u PC and grabbed an extra Anchor version badge as well. I am so excited for it to come, as this is my first serious board group buy.

Offline Grey_Warden

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2020, 10:45:44 by Grey_Warden »

Offline getlazy

2U Stormtrooper w/ additional PCB + Plate. As well as a white nautical badge.
Having this keeb, Space65, and RAMA M65-B (whenever it arrives), I think I’m finally set!

EDIT: It's just a bummer that shipping to Taiwan is $70 from HK. That being said, I'm still very happy about this purchase.

Im pretty sure in the graystudio discord there was something about locations near to HK, that can contact them to figure out a better solution regarding shipping. Cant point you to the specifics but maybe if you ask there again, that could help

Offline ShovelScum

Dang..... I totally missed it..... This week has been hell.... I lost a close friend last week and completely forgot about this.... It is not my ****ing month... I was planning to buy 2 and i totally forgot about my reminder. I really hope there are extras coming out later.
Like the name suggests, I am the ScumBag who rides a Shovel through this landfill.

Offline ShovelScum

If anyone bought an extra and willing to sell, within reasonable price.. I would really like to get one. I already missed the first Think6.5 due to finances... I just don't seem to have luck getting a hold of one of these...
Like the name suggests, I am the ScumBag who rides a Shovel through this landfill.

Offline Lockon

Dang..... I totally missed it..... This week has been hell.... I lost a close friend last week and completely forgot about this.... It is not my ****ing month... I was planning to buy 2 and i totally forgot about my reminder. I really hope there are extras coming out later.

Hey man I'm really sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, there will be another short window where you can join the GB when alexotos Twitch streams his second build (Friday 7pm EDT). Hopefully you can place your order then. All the best to you.

Offline ShovelScum

Hey man I'm really sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, there will be another short window where you can join the GB when alexotos Twitch streams his second build (Friday 7pm EDT). Hopefully you can place your order then. All the best to you.

Do you know how long it will be open for?! I would really like to nab, even just one...

Offline Lockon

Do you know how long it will be open for?! I would really like to nab, even just one...

It will be open for the duration of the streams so somewhere between 2-3 hours.

Offline ShovelScum

I might have a chance then! I work night shift, so i am usually not even out of bed until 17:00-17:30 CST on Wednesday-Saturday. So hopefully i can catch it before work! Thank you for the information!

Offline Grey_Warden

Nice! Is it unlimited during that window?

Offline chowder266

Nice! Is it unlimited during that window?

Yes! Last chance before extras sale

Offline puq

Hey I picked up an additional badge during the second window of the group buy. I purchased my board in the first window. It didn’t charge me for shipping for the single badge. Will the orders automatically be combined if I used all the same information, email, address etc.? Thank you!!