geekhack Community > Keyboards

Could someone help ID these keyboarda I found at a thrift store in Iceland?

(1/1)

j3LLy:
I've been going to this thrift store in iceland for a while hoping to find any old/vintage mechanical keyboards and today I finally did. Now, obviously one of them is an apple keyboard presumably for a mac, but I have no idea what the other one is. If anybody knows the specific models of them I'd really appreciate it.

The apple one seems to be in pretty good condition, all the keys work and it doesn't have any visible damage to it. The other one has a few stuck keys and doesn't seem to have been treated very nicely in its lifetime :(

https://imgur.com/a/5uMuyvl

PlayBox:
the first one is the apple M0110A the 2nd looks like an IBM model F clone closest to tandy 1200hd but its not the same and i were unable to identify the 2nd one in the short search i did. i would reccomend taking both though

Findecanor:
Apparently, the Tandy 1200 was OEM-manufactured by Hi-Tek Corporation.
A closer match is the Philips P2812, but it could have been branded something else back in the day.

DashanYYY:

--- Quote from: j3LLy on Fri, 02 June 2023, 08:48:41 ---I've been going to this thrift store in iceland for a while hoping to find any old/vintage mechanical keyboards and today I finally did. Now, obviously one of them is an apple keyboard presumably for a mac, but I have no idea what the other one is. If anybody knows the specific models of them I'd really appreciate it.

The apple one seems to be in pretty good condition, all the keys work and it doesn't have any visible damage to it. The other one has a few stuck keys and doesn't seem to have been treated very nicely in its lifetime :(

https://imgur.com/a/5uMuyvl

--- End quote ---

The first one is absolutely clean and beautiful. I want one lol

PlayBox:

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Fri, 02 June 2023, 12:23:43 ---Apparently, the Tandy 1200 was OEM-manufactured by Hi-Tek Corporation.
A closer match is the Philips P2812, but it could have been branded something else back in the day.

--- End quote ---
i agree the 2nd one really looks like philips p2812 but i would honestly take both

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version