Site Announcements and Feedback > Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions

Introducing "More" (a.k.a. spoilers)

(1/13) > >>

rknize:
Update: the tag for this it now "more" and the icon in the editor has been updated.

I've implemented a simple roll-up mechanism that works a lot like "spoilers" on vB, phpBB, and other forums.  We already have spoilers, so I called it something else...something a little more intuitive.  You should see a new button in the toolbar:

You use it like any other tag and it should be able to wrap any page content, including images and attachments:

--- Code: ---[more]Can't see me![/more]
--- End code ---

MoreCan't see me!

An offsite image:
More

An inline, expandable attachment:
More

Bugs:

* Doesn't expand sigs
* Doesn't work on quoted images
* Doesn't work on quoted images wrapped by URLs
* Speed up animation
* Change "unfold"/"refold" button label to...

* "more"/"less"
* "show more"/"show less"
* "expand"/"contract"

CPTBadAss:
This is awesome. You're the man! I've been wanting spoilers since I started coming to GH. They're very handy to have and can clean up a lot of posts. :D

esoomenona:

--- Quote from: rknize on Tue, 30 April 2013, 14:21:57 ---MoreI've implemented a simple page folding mechanism that works a lot like "spoilers" on vB and other forums.  We already have spoilers, so I called it something else...something a little more intuative.  You should see a new button in the toolbar:

(Attachment Link)

You use it like any other tag and it should be able to wrap any page content, including images and attachments:

--- Code: ---[fold]Can't see me![/fold]
--- End code ---

MoreCan't see me!

An offsite image:
MoreShow Image

An inline, expandable attachment:
More (Attachment Link)
--- End quote ---
Test

edit: super awesome. They even nest inside of each other!

Photekq:
Yeah, glad to see this here. It does come in useful.

ITzNybble:
Wonderful!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version