Author Topic: Magnet67, Magnetic switch keyboard, full aluminum gasket Assembled Kit at $159  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Lukenan

• Sam Website
Hi everyone!

The designer of CA66 will show you his new keyboard project: a magnetic switch keyboard that is a 60% keyboard featuring a gasket mount, which will come with 67 PCS GATERON magnetic hall effect switches and key travel can be adjusted freely. And we will pre-install this kit, you just need to put the keycaps on this kit.

Let's see more details below:

1. Clean Design with Magnetic waves bottom pattern

We are still confirming the case colors and will keep to updated on more options.

Prototypes pictures: https://imgur.com/a/hw74oRc

2. Technical features:

1. Magnetic switches, the key travel can be adjusted independently/globally (safe mode: 0.3-3.8mm, which can prevent accidental touches/extreme mode: 0.1-4.0mm)
2. Support Rapid Trigger
3. Self-developed online remap and firmware upgrade solution, you can use it by opening the web page, no need to install any software, no need to download APP( Remap website: https://keeb.pro)

3. Firmware:

The PCB and firmware this time will be provided by Keeb Pro, who is also the author of HW75 QMK firmware and the S65/S80 online key modification. The keyboard is driven by QMK, and the main control is Raspberry Pi RP2040. The core frequency is 133 MHz. It is compatible with multiple programming languages and can run a variety of open-source keyboard firmware, such as QMK, KMK, and ZMK. It is full of customization and programming ability.

Specs:

Product Name: Magnet67
PCB mode: Wired
Typing Angle: 5°
Size: 317*110*30mm
Weight: about 1.2kg (excluding keycaps)
Gasket Mount
Case treatment: anodizing/electrophoresis
Weight: PVD silver mirror
Material and process: 6061 aluminum alloy
PCB: 1.6mm, daughterboard, RGB switch light
Plate: PC or FR4
Accessories: Dampenner kit and screws

Group Info:

Price:$159
GB Time: TBD

We will do :

After we close Group Buy fulfillment, we will contribute the code related to the magnetic switches written by Keeb Pro and import it into OMK, and open source our plates, schematic diagram, PCB, and other engineering files.

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment and Fill in our IC form. For more updates, feel free to join our Sam discord, we will help the designer run this project. Thank you, everyone!
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 December 2023, 19:46:33 by Lukenan »

Offline DirtyGingy

With over 2,600 different switches to use, I'm not giving up MX for hall effect. Maybe for a novelty, but we need a lot more switches for Hal effect to really be a solid choice.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
With over 2,600 different switches to use, I'm not giving up MX for hall effect. Maybe for a novelty, but we need a lot more switches for Hal effect to really be a solid choice.

hall effect better imo. buttery smooth and will last til the sun explodes
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline DirtyGingy

Hi everyone!

The designer of CA66 will show you his new keyboard project: a magnetic switch keyboard that is a 60% keyboard featuring a gasket mount, which will come with 67 PCS GATERON magnetic hall effect switches and key travel can be adjusted freely. And we will pre-install this kit, you just need to put the keycaps on this kit.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

We are still confirming the case colors and will keep to updated on more options.

2. Technical features:

1. Magnetic switches, the key travel can be adjusted independently/globally (safe mode: 0.3-3.8mm, which can prevent accidental touches/extreme mode: 0.1-4.0mm)
2. Support Rapid Trigger
3. Self-developed online remap and firmware upgrade solution, you can use it by opening the web page, no need to install any software, no need to download APP( Remap website: https://keeb.pro)

3. Firmware:

The PCB and firmware this time will be provided by Keeb Pro, who is also the author of the S65/S80 online key modification. The keyboard is driven by QMK, and the main control is Raspberry Pi RP2040. The core frequency is 133 MHz. It is compatible with multiple programming languages and can run a variety of open-source keyboard firmware, such as QMK, KMK, and ZMK. It is full of customization and programming ability.

Specs:

Gasket Mount

Group Info:

We will do :

After we close Group Buy fulfillment, we will contribute the code related to the magnetic switches written by Keeb Pro and import it into OMK, and open source our plates, schematic diagram, PCB, and other engineering files.

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment and Fill in our IC form. For more updates, feel free to join our Sam discord, we will help the designer run this project. Thank you, everyone!
We have like zero switch options, no spring options, only linears. I can do that already so many ways that I can't find any interest in hall effect.

As for lifetime, most keyboards should outlast you anyway.

Offline mohawk1367

Hi everyone!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

2. Technical features:

2. Support Rapid Trigger

3. Firmware:

The PCB and firmware this time will be provided by Keeb Pro, who is also the author of the S65/S80 online key modification. The keyboard is driven by QMK, and the main control is Raspberry Pi RP2040. The core frequency is 133 MHz. It is compatible with multiple programming languages and can run a variety of open-source keyboard firmware, such as QMK, KMK, and ZMK. It is full of customization and programming ability.

Specs:

Gasket Mount

Group Info:

We will do :

We have like zero switch options, no spring options, only linears. I can do that already so many ways that I can't find any interest in hall effect.

rapid trigger and adjustable acttuation though
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline DirtyGingy

Hi everyone!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

2. Technical features:

2. Support Rapid Trigger

3. Firmware:

Specs:

Gasket Mount

Group Info:

We will do :

rapid trigger and adjustable acttuation though
Eh, brain already compensates for input delay and if I want different actuation, there are other switches. And since I'm fine with anything roughly 1.5-2.5mm, I really don't have a worry there.

Right now hall effect is mostly just marketing hype and rushing to make sales. Until we have more than that one gateron switch, I'm good.

Actually, if I want a weird gimmick switch, outemu did do that conical spring EC switch linear in an MX style housing...

Offline drfilco

We have like zero switch options, no spring options, only linears.
[/quote]

While a new Hall Effect switch being made by Geon showed up on KBDfans just this week, it's true the selection is very thin - but if that's ever going to change, we'll need more projects like this one IMO.

Hall Effect switches can do a few things that traditional ones can't like having a software-adjustable actuation point and no contacts to affect sound and feel. As something that itself broadens availability and encourages more of it, I think it's a pretty cool project, but definitely still a niche for early adopters.

Offline aicyborg

nearly all mx linears are the same. 2600 switches with different colours or by some factory worker sneezing into the resin before injection doesn't make them actually different.

besides, options good. there's also like 20 or so 65%s with mx compatibility in the hobby at the moment. HE should at least be an option

Offline mohawk1367

nearly all mx linears are the same. 2600 switches with different colours or by some factory worker sneezing into the resin before injection doesn't make them actually different.

besides, options good. there's also like 20 or so 65%s with mx compatibility in the hobby at the moment. HE should at least be an option

so chrew, recolors clog the market up imo

Offline keepoto

rectangle go brrr

Offline Lukenan

• Sam Website

Thank you for sharing your idea.
Although the magnetic movement currently has limitations, we believe that it will only get better over time as more people adopt it.
We should try to accept new things when we can, and take on new ideas to give new things a chance to show themselves for what they can be.
We are excited to see what comes from this technology.

Offline soundstage

The hall effect change is very needed for the keyboard hobby right now.

Here's something I have observed, I see a lot of people swear by Topre switches but it has not caught on or become popular enough to be easily accessible. Whereas MX switches are everywhere. Manu already have MX molds, they only need to tweak by adding a magnet and every single type of MX switch can readily become a hall effect switch giving you the colour scheme and materials options that you have already been used to.

Offline mohawk1367

The hall effect change is very needed for the keyboard hobby right now.

Here's something I have observed, I see a lot of people swear by Topre switches but it has not caught on or become popular enough to be easily accessible. Whereas MX switches are everywhere. Manu already have MX molds, they only need to tweak by adding a magnet and every single type of MX switch can readily become a hall effect switch giving you the colour scheme and materials options that you have already been used to.

i think there is too much focus on MX in general /shrug
people will go through the entire hobby and never try alps or buckling spring or anything of the sort

Offline Akele

Great to see a custom mechanical keyboard offering for hall effect switches. I've been waiting for Wooting to offer a 65% or 75% board, so this is interesting to me, particularly at this price point. However, I'm not a fan of the base. The strange placement of the feet, coupled with the visible screws, combined with the wedge, plus the silver weight and the engraved hall design make it look messy to my eyes as there's just too many different shapes and elements for my tastes.

Still, it's an interesting board. GLWIC.

Offline Lukenan

• Sam Website
Great to see a custom mechanical keyboard offering for hall effect switches. I've been waiting for Wooting to offer a 65% or 75% board, so this is interesting to me, particularly at this price point. However, I'm not a fan of the base. The strange placement of the feet, coupled with the visible screws, combined with the wedge, plus the silver weight and the engraved hall design make it look messy to my eyes as there's just too many different shapes and elements for my tastes.

Still, it's an interesting board. GLWIC.
Thank you for sharing your ideas. We will try to make it better  :)

Offline suparnemo

Is there an estimate to when this might run? I see listings on Taobao so it must be soon?

Offline Lukenan

• Sam Website
Is there an estimate to when this might run? I see listings on Taobao so it must be soon?
Yes, we plan to run it soon. Please stay tuned. Thank you.