Author Topic: Cleanup classifieds  (Read 6777 times)

Offline Invertex

Cleanup classifieds
« on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:20:20 »
I am fairly newer and have been looking at the classifieds section for a while now looking for things to maybe buy.
But doing this is a daunting task. There are no standards for post titles, way more people wanting to buy than sell, and tons of mega buy/sell/trade/looking for threads that don't tell anything about what is for sale in the title - let alone if they are even selling something. Many are just large trading or wanted threads, but they don't say that in the title.
I see that there was a similar post a year ago - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34557.0, but I am not sure if anything was done about it.

It would be nice if there were some posting standards for titles or a way to filter out types of posts.

Thanks.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Cleanup classifieds
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:28:17 »
Although a commendable idea, this has been suggested in the past, including a vigorous discussion for people to even just say what country they are in.

After you've been here for a while you will learn what the abbreviations are, and get to know the other members and the sort of things they would be likely to buy or sell.

Until then, there is always the search facility :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Invertex

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:41:02 »
While I get that over time the usernames and such will become more understandable, you have to admit for anyone new the forum is a confusing classifieds section with a steep learning curve for digging through the posts.

At a minimum it would be nice if there were standards for the title prefixes. There are currently multiple versions for each type of thread and can be anywhere in the title.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:42:34 »
But the titles are kinda intuitive, right? After 5 minutes you get them. Except TW for boot's 365 mini :P

Offline Invertex

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:46:16 »
Except TW for boot's 365 mini :P
And I assume that appeared because there are no standards for prefixes or their locations. It just appears to be a free for all sub forum for classified ads.

EDIT: I don't want to appear that I am attacking things, I am just suggesting that there is no reason that post title standards can't exist and be enforced.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:50:18 by Invertex »

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:54:41 »
I think enforcing is not really the way to go. I believe there is an 'implicit' system for the classifieds. You just need patience to find something.

True, not much user friendly at first, but I'm here for a month basically and I think it works pretty well :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 22:50:25 »
Honestly I like the classifieds here, I've been on boards where the classifieds are heavily moderated and it's a pain in the arse. I can understand the frustration with the many WTB threads however I frequent another board that decided to give those threads a subforum and guess what happens? No one bothers going in there.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 22:55:17 »
it really doesn't take long to learn the interface of GH
spend a week or two here ;)

i started here having no idea how to even navigate a forum
but after a week or two i was getting the hang of it

..hang in there...

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:09:27 »
I agree in general with the "you get used to it" consensus.  But I do find heavily edited WTS/WTB/WTT megathreads annoying.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:10:53 »
But I do find heavily edited WTS/WTB/WTT megathreads annoying.

Me too, especially when new items are listed 10 posts down rather than in the OP.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:15:30 »
Me too, especially when new items are listed 10 posts down rather than in the OP.

Definitely this.  I almost never read through long classifieds threads--I check for updates in the first post ( which is probably what most people do).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:22:04 »

Definitely this.  I almost never read through long classifieds threads--I check for updates in the first post ( which is probably what most people do).

I don't even do that, I use a Chrome extension to notify me of edits to the OP hahaha. Laziness for the win.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 03:05:46 »

I don't even do that, I use a Chrome extension to notify me of edits to the OP hahaha. Laziness for the win.

But not everyone updates the OP :eek:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 03:07:42 »

Have 2 monitors on my desk at home and 3 at work so I've usually just got Spy open on my small screen :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 03:13:04 »

Have 2 monitors on my desk at home and 3 at work so I've usually just got Spy open on my small screen :D

I really should use that more.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 03:32:04 »
It's awesome, I would have completely missed the Bumblebee set if I didn't start using Spy! Don't tend to check the Vendor forums much.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 04:16:34 »

Again this comes down to certain members - some have a habit of listing ne things only a few pages in, others (most) methodically update the OP.

The latter is good occasionally for first-come-first-serve kind of offers, but in general most people either start a new thread or do update the OP.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 05:59:42 »
IMHO
if something is for sale then just get on with it and sell it. Month long auctions are a joke, auctions with PM bids are a joke.
WTB threads are pointless - if you want to buy something then do it when someone offers it for sale.
Please stop people from posting reasons for selling, who cares if you lost your leg, usually it's just making excuses for selling your clacks because you think ppl will be offended by the ridiculous prices you are asking.
At the very least, put the sale part in bold at the top of the post, if ppl feel the need to read your life story then they will do so by choice, not in an effort to find out what you are selling.
The title of the thread should be a prefix for what you are doing (FS/FA or whatever, a drop down list would be good) + the item/s for sale and your country.
I have other niggles, maybe I will edit the post later :)

I haven't been at geekhack long compared to some forums I use but still, a lot longer than most ppl here and the classifieds is a real mess compared to even six months ago
there is very little actual selling going on, all I see is "WTB clacks"
it's got to the point where we could have a sub forum dedicated to trading skulls
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 06:06:47 by mehkat1974 »
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 06:22:10 »
WTB threads are NOT pointless. There are people who don't want to put their items up for sale. Maybe they hate being judged by everyone here for selling something at a certain price. But if they know who wants to buy it, then there is a lead for them. Or maybe they didn't even think they wanted to sell it, but a WTB comes up and they actually consider it.

But a lot of other points you make I agree with.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 06:37:44 »
well it should be a sub forum then - OK a WTB thread isn't pointless, but it is unless there is someone out there who wants to sell - but doesn't want to tell geekhack about it. But there isn't enough transparency as it is, with all the pm bidding and silent auctions that go on. Pretty easy to rip ppl off when there is only a wtb post and everything else goes on in pms, but I guess that responsibility falls on the buyer to protect themselves with paypal or whatever.
Again, more often than not it's going to be a CC. You only need to post a pic of your skulls in the key caps thread and watch the pms come flooding in.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 06:41:32 by mehkat1974 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 18:50:12 »
We could have a whole area dedicated to CCs - classifieds, media, wiki, sales, whinging, fapping and so on.

Actually that might reduce the existing Classifieds traffic by about 25%.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 19:00:26 »
WTB threads are NOT pointless. There are people who don't want to put their items up for sale. Maybe they hate being judged by everyone here for selling something at a certain price. But if they know who wants to buy it, then there is a lead for them. Or maybe they didn't even think they wanted to sell it, but a WTB comes up and they actually consider it.

But a lot of other points you make I agree with.

I agree.  I am grateful for GH's Classifieds section.  I've been able to get keyboards and accessories through it to keep up with my modding hobby.  Some people collect--I prefer to not keep anything extra.  Some of my finds were through contacting people about their listed items, and some were through expressing my interest in something difficult to find but numerous enough that some people must have had it and would be potentially willing to part with it.  For example, I'm looking for a CMYK set--namely a part of it right now.  Who's going to list their 1.5x modifiers for sale just like that?  Chances are slim to none.  But perhaps someone will see my thread and will think "Hmm, I don't foresee needing 1.5x modifiers, maybe I'll get some extra cash for them".  Etc. 

mehkat1974, you seem to have some general resentment toward the Classifieds here and on another related thread, and I don't think the subforum is that bad.  In fact, with fairly loose rules, it's pretty well regulated.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 19:40:54 »
I do have resentment towards it, I have been using it for 2 years and it's cluttered with rubbish. There is next to no moderation.
I buy and sell a lot here and on 2 other forums - hi fi and computer hardware mainly, with pretty high and fast turnover. and geekhack is by far the least efficient.
It seems like no-one is interested in selling things quickly, there is very little transparency, ppl expect to turn a profit on used items.
I guess ppl can set their own terms and conditions and in that sense it's good, but it just seems like there is very little actual selling going on.
Constantly I am seeing thread after thread of WTT/WTB and then a wall of text that would take me 5 minutes to read, before even finding out what the poster wants!

I wont be around for much longer, I have some stuff I want to sell then tbh I will be done with trading keyboard stuffs, I just wanted to vent my frustration and figured I should do it in a way that's hopefully constructive criticism... it's obvious that most users are happy with how it works, but there must be some in agreement or these threads wouldn't exist
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 19:47:31 by mehkat1974 »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 20:00:34 »
I agree in general with the "you get used to it" consensus.  But I do find heavily edited WTS/WTB/WTT megathreads annoying.

Why are they annoying? I think they clean up the amount of posts made in the Classifieds. People are always looking to trade, sell and buy stuff here. Are you saying we should create a new thread every time? If you're looking for something in particular why not just search for it? I'm not trying to be a butthole, I just don't get how people could think they're annoying.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 20:05:07 »
I keep all of my stuff in one thread on purpose, and I put all the sold / traded history at the bottom into the click-to-expand section.  I don't know if it's considered a heavily edited megathread, but if so, I can't see how that's a bad way to do things.  I make mine as neat and easy to read as possible, and it's also easier to find that way (for me) to add or subtract to when it has a set URL.

P.S.: I'm referring to an older post quoted above--just clarifying that there's a difference between heavily edited (as in kept up to date) threads and heavily edited messy threads where new information is not easily accessible in the first post.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 20:17:58 by Photoelectric »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 20:14:51 »
This is primarily a keyboard forum, to discuss the purchase, repair and customisation of keyboards and keyboard accessories.

I have always seen the classifieds as an extra on top of this.

Even iMav started GH to learn about keyboards and provide a repository of keyboard knowledge for others.

If buying and selling is all you are interested on, there are other online sites dedicated to that.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 20:49:30 »
This is primarily a keyboard forum to buy, sell, and trade keyboards. It's also a great place to discuss keyboard repairing, customization and accessories.

fixed :)

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:07:00 »
If buying and selling is all you are interested on, there are other online sites dedicated to that.

Not dedicated to keyboards. I found geekhack because I was looking to buy keyboard stuff. I found the classifieds first and rarely post anywhere else on here. Occasionally I will post in a thread if something appears on the index that takes my interest (Scotch, for example ;)) but I never go looking to post in discussions on anything. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, I have donated to geekhack, I am still part of the community.

This is primarily a keyboard forum, to discuss the purchase, repair and customisation of keyboards and keyboard accessories.
all of this is happening in the classifieds though, along with a whole load of off-topic ramblings, and it shouldn't be
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:10:45 by mehkat1974 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:10:43 »

Not dedicated to keyboards. I found geekhack because I was looking to buy keyboard stuff. I found the classifieds first and rarely post anywhere else on here. Occasionally I will post in a thread if something appears on the index that takes my interest (Scotch, for example ;)) but I never go looking to post in discussions on anything. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, I have donated to geekhack, I am still part of the community.

Well, this might be the problem.  As mentioned, the Classifieds are sort of a bonus.  The rules are general, and if you see something you don't like, report it.  But this is not the eBay for keyboards. 

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:17:24 »
I am glad it's not ebay and I am not saying it should be so extreme in that direction but there's a middle ground and it's moved too far the other way.
I am not seeing anyone who has been here long enough to know what I am talking about - most of the people that were active in the classifieds and organising group buys when I joined here have left for whatever reason. Keyboards is a fleeting passion maybe, there's only so much excitement you can get out of owning 20 plastic skulls.

Anyway I am maybe running the risk of saying something that will offend and that wasn't my intention, so I'll leave it at that

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:24:45 »
I am glad it's not ebay and I am not saying it should be so extreme in that direction but there's a middle ground and it's moved too far the other way.
I am not seeing anyone who has been here long enough to know what I am talking about - most of the people that were active in the classifieds and organising group buys when I joined here have left for whatever reason. Keyboards is a fleeting passion maybe, there's only so much excitement you can get out of owning 20 plastic skulls.

Anyway I am maybe running the risk of saying something that will offend and that wasn't my intention, so I'll leave it at that

I was just putting your frustration in perspective.  I don't see what keyboards being a fleeting hobby or not have to do with how the Classifieds section is organized.  It's for everyone of every interest level.  Just because you don't care to look for novelty caps anymore, doesn't mean others feel the same way.  Not sure how you'd prefer to filter and organize the Classifieds without losing much of the convenience of them.  There's been a suggestion floating around to have a separate sub-forum for Clacks and other desired caps, but in that case people would have to maintain 2 sale/trade/wanted threads: one in the regular Classifieds and one in the Novelty Cap classifieds.  And it's just silly anyway--what makes caps more important than other caps?  Go to one place to sell a titanium spacebar and another place to sell a plastic skull?..  I would simply continue monitoring the Classifieds and make sure people don't post multiple threads at the same time, or advertise their eBay sales, or bump every 2 hours.  If you don't find a thread interesting and don't like someone's listing style--maybe it's a hint that you don't want to deal with them in the first place.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 01:15:18 »
I do have resentment towards it, I have been using it for 2 years and it's cluttered with rubbish. There is next to no moderation.
I buy and sell a lot here and on 2 other forums - hi fi and computer hardware mainly, with pretty high and fast turnover. and geekhack is by far the least efficient.
It seems like no-one is interested in selling things quickly, there is very little transparency, ppl expect to turn a profit on used items.
I guess ppl can set their own terms and conditions and in that sense it's good, but it just seems like there is very little actual selling going on.
Constantly I am seeing thread after thread of WTT/WTB and then a wall of text that would take me 5 minutes to read, before even finding out what the poster wants!

You're coming across as grouchy and bossy.  I think our classifieds are quite usable.  We don't moderate because there's nothing _to_ moderate for the most part.  Can you define "rubbish" ?

Why are they annoying? I think they clean up the amount of posts made in the Classifieds. People are always looking to trade, sell and buy stuff here. Are you saying we should create a new thread every time? If you're looking for something in particular why not just search for it? I'm not trying to be a butthole, I just don't get how people could think they're annoying.

What I dislike are sale threads whose OPs are rewritten multiple times from scratch.  You end up with an incoherent thread, and the history of what was sold, for how much, and when, is lost.  Personally I do one thread per sale (whether that's one item or several), and I leave the OP and title intact after the sale is complete.  That makes the forum easier to browse later on.  Having lots of threads in the classifieds is not a problem.

I keep all of my stuff in one thread on purpose, and I put all the sold / traded history at the bottom into the click-to-expand section.  I don't know if it's considered a heavily edited megathread, but if so, I can't see how that's a bad way to do things.  I make mine as neat and easy to read as possible, and it's also easier to find that way (for me) to add or subtract to when it has a set URL.

This I think is a happy medium, though it still makes it hard to glance through thread titles and see what might be in there.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 17:29:53 »
hashbaz this is what I mean by rubbish. First of all you've identified OPs constantly being re-written. I agree with you, one thread per sale is the best way to do it, if you have multiple items put them in the thread title. I guess sometimes it's OK to put a list of items and then "more" or something like that

right now on the front page there are 9 threads that don't even have a specific item in the title
and by specific I mean for example:
"filco TKL with blues" if I want one I will look in the thread.
when I see "mechanical boards" in a thread title I think well some specifics would be nice.
"assorted caps and other boards"? just name at least two of them - another WTB thread with a list of about 8 keyboards, it's pointless. Surely he/she can just buy them when they come up, and they will come up.
"WTS keyboards keycaps" no ****, LOL. name 2 of them in the thread title
"WTB/WTS/WTT" - that's a thread title!

4 threads with WTB clacks, EVERYBODY on geekhack wants to buy clacks. Hardly anyone wants to sell them, so how does that work?

I just had a look at the rules and realised really, there aren't any and there's no moderation because of "lack of moderator time and attention"
Is geekhack still in a "state of flux" ?
there were some old rules, no bumping, no threadcrapping etc I guess I have been using the classifieds based on that - like I said it has changed a lot since I joined.
So basically the mods can't be arsed, so they've abandoned the "old rules"
I should have read all that before I posted in here, sorry.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 October 2013, 17:37:50 by mehkat1974 »

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 17:34:44 »
4 threads with WTB clacks, EVERYBODY on geekhack wants to buy clacks. Hardly anyone wants to sell them, so how does that work?

People DO sell them, just not in public. It's nasty stuff, but the reality is, there is a large "beneath the surface" clack transferring system. People sell them in private auctions via PM, ect,. because that way, when they get a zillion dollars for a single keycap, no one will publicly mock them for extorting someone who was desperate for the clack, and no one will publicly mock the buyer for spending their life savings on a piece of plastic.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 17:46:09 »
Yeah the silent pm auction thing that goes is the biggest issue in the classifieds, it's criminal

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 17:48:19 »
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 12 October 2013, 18:00:58 »
LOL me neither