Author Topic: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (LIVE)  (Read 263988 times)

Offline BrintaVett

Re: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (SAMPLES!)
« Reply #1150 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 01:57:14 »
No EU proxy? Cyberdeck and Gaijin costs me 300+ bucks if I count in VAT and import fees, thats just insane. Gotta draw the line somewhere. Real shame.

Can you break that down? They will most likely cost 110 + 45 so thats about $150.  VAT is what, 20%? (Which you would pay anyway) so about $180 right? With shipping around $200.

Just check this out, it's in dutch but you'll catch my drift. It's not a 100% guarantee that it'll go like this but packages from US are rarely skipped by customs here: http://www.invoercalculator.nl

286 dollars for gaijin/cyberdeck. GMK base kit + random novelties set through CandyKeys is about 200/210ish max depending on OQ.

I'll wait and see later this month, prolly can't control myself and go for gaijin, blocknet, mitowaves and spacebar kit so I can cover a 75% board.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 November 2017, 03:03:29 by BrintaVett »

Offline atomicus

« Reply #1151 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 08:35:36 »
The subject of this thread says 'SAMPLES'... what page are they on, as they're not on first page and I can't seem to find them?

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #1152 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 09:58:16 »
All the Massdrop normies that didn't even know the poll was a thing are buying Gaijin. All the Hiragana voters are too busy touch typing to put in their orders right away.

Show Image

/r/gatekeeping much? Like I get the touch typing argument, and I'm right there with it... But I'll be pulling the trigger on the Gaijin set just because I like the a e s t h e t i c. I think a lot of folks are doing the same, but are a little to shy to speak up.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Petch

« Reply #1153 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 10:23:38 »
No EU proxy? Cyberdeck and Gaijin costs me 300+ bucks if I count in VAT and import fees, thats just insane. Gotta draw the line somewhere. Real shame.

Can you break that down? They will most likely cost 110 + 45 so thats about $150.  VAT is what, 20%? (Which you would pay anyway) so about $180 right? With shipping around $200.

Not him but for me it would be

Cyberdeck $110
Gaijin $46
Shipping $17
VAT $35
'Handling fee' $15
Total $223

Offline autobot

« Reply #1154 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 10:24:09 »
I’ve been really into Retro Wave Music for almost 3 years now, and always loved 80’s Pop Culture so this is the ultimate key set for me. Thank you so much for bringing this to life MiTo!

Ordered:
2 Cyberdecks
1 Gaijin
1 Kobe
1 Blocknet
1 Mitowaves
1 Ergo (future-proof the set if I like ergo boards)
1 Spacebars

Can’t wait to put these on my Venice Pink and Astrophysical Purple Norbauer Cases! May is a looong ways away, but the wait will be sooo worth it.

Now to decide if I want the matching cables from Mechcables from Massdrop or Pexon...

Offline ewwgin

« Reply #1155 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 10:32:13 »
I’ve been really into Retro Wave Music for almost 3 years now, and always loved 80’s Pop Culture so this is the ultimate key set for me. Thank you so much for bringing this to life MiTo!

Ordered:
2 Cyberdecks
1 Gaijin
1 Kobe
1 Blocknet
1 Mitowaves
1 Ergo (future-proof the set if I like ergo boards)
1 Spacebars

Can’t wait to put these on my Venice Pink and Astrophysical Purple Norbauer Cases! May is a looong ways away, but the wait will be sooo worth it.

Now to decide if I want the matching cables from Mechcables from Massdrop or Pexon...
Nice!!! I have an Astrophysical Purple Norbauer Case coming in as well specially for GMK Laser. Will probably get my cable from Pexon too. Love their quality and customer service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #1156 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 10:45:02 »

Cyberdeck $110
Gaijin $46
Shipping $17
VAT $35
'Handling fee' $15
Total $223

Don't you guys have import duties as well in the UK? 'Cause that's what's driving the price up as well. Anyhows, if all MOQ's are hit max than it'll be a bit less pain in my wallet, that's true for shure.

Blocknet, Gaijin, Mitowaves and spacebar combo would look reaaaaaaaally sweet though. Having patience sucks balls.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1157 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 11:03:10 »

Cyberdeck $110
Gaijin $46
Shipping $17
VAT $35
'Handling fee' $15
Total $223

So what part would you be saving?  Just wondering.  Thought you paid shipping and VAT no matter what?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1158 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 11:05:59 »

Cyberdeck $110
Gaijin $46
Shipping $17
VAT $35
'Handling fee' $15
Total $223

So what part would you be saving?  Just wondering.  Thought you paid shipping and VAT no matter what?

Overall the cost will be slightly higher as you effectively pay for Germany (GMK) -> USA -> EU (buyer) shipping instead of Germany (GMK) -> EU (vendor) -> EU (buyer). And handling fees.

This is like $10-15 though lol

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1159 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 11:31:48 »

Brain cells. That's about it, other than that it's mostly what Xondat said - you pay a little more than just VAT because you pay extra to DHL and you pay customs handling/storage (at least in Portugal).

I paid 60€ extra for the HD650 headphones I got off of Massdrop for example, they're an easy one to work with because their price was exactly $200 shipped - 23% (our VAT) of 200 is 46, so I should've paid 46 dollars (45€), the extra 15€ (so $20~) are the courier handling/storage fees.

Doesn't exactly break the bank and definitely does not warrant the outcry it gets 90% of the time but as said, it still saves me brain cells. It's a quality of life thing, every single time I get a shipment from MD I need to wait to receive the request for the documentation needed (ID and proof of purchase) which usually takes about a week after its arrival in the country, I then have to email it to them and THEN half the time they deem it unacceptable for whatever outworldly reason and I have to drive 45 minutes to the customs HQ and wait 3 hours in line to handle it myself.

It's a hassle but it's not MD's fault, it's my (and many others') country's fault.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #1160 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 14:37:18 »
I do find it amusing that after months and pages upon pages arguing about which of gaijin/kobe should be the one included, when the actual set drops both of them hit MOQ the first day.  What I (or rather my wallet) don't find amusing is that I'm looking at a $350-400 cart right now. 

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1161 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 15:19:41 »
I do find it amusing that after months and pages upon pages arguing about which of gaijin/kobe should be the one included, when the actual set drops both of them hit MOQ the first day.  What I (or rather my wallet) don't find amusing is that I'm looking at a $350-400 cart right now.

How’d you get your cart so small? I can’t bring myself to remove anything. At least there will be more price drops (I’d imagine we’ve already hit a few more since there has been another like 500 sales since the numbers were last posted.

Sadly it’s the weekend so massdrop probably won’t update till Monday.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1162 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 16:09:28 »
I kinda wonder if this set could go into the 89-79 dollar range for the base. I mean we are already at 1700 sold in 2 days... and that doesn't include proxy buys. Which we won't see till far later. I could easily see this selling 2-3k base sets.. plus another 1500 of the special base sets.. who knows how many novelty packs. Its fun watching all these numbers come in cause every time you see update its like Christmas.. things get a bit cheaper and its like SCORE.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1163 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 20:15:28 »
I kinda wonder if this set could go into the 89-79 dollar range for the base. I mean we are already at 1700 sold in 2 days... and that doesn't include proxy buys. Which we won't see till far later. I could easily see this selling 2-3k base sets.. plus another 1500 of the special base sets.. who knows how many novelty packs. Its fun watching all these numbers come in cause every time you see update its like Christmas.. things get a bit cheaper and its like SCORE.

It's massdrop -- there are no proxies. There are only about 500 base kits sold.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1164 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 20:58:32 »

Well there's the taobao proxy for all the Chinese (and other Asian) buyers, their numbers are always fairly impressive - for example with Miami Dolch they put in like 800 kits right at the end. That's really the only relevant one, though.

I'd wager about 800 bases will have sold by now, I still think 2000 will be quite handily attained but higher than that is a little bit of a stretch; maybe 2500 if people really milk it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1165 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 22:08:28 »

Well there's the taobao proxy for all the Chinese (and other Asian) buyers, their numbers are always fairly impressive - for example with Miami Dolch they put in like 800 kits right at the end. That's really the only relevant one, though.

I'd wager about 800 bases will have sold by now, I still think 2000 will be quite handily attained but higher than that is a little bit of a stretch; maybe 2500 if people really milk it.

China's hype for laser was pretty low -- but we'll see.

They like the flashy stuff.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #1166 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:46:26 »
Laser isn't flashy???

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1167 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 02:10:12 »
Laser isn't flashy???

Not as much as GMK rainbow, iris, JTK Orange on White, or a red OTD mini.

To name a few

Offline darthzero

« Reply #1168 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:08:28 »
I planned getting base, gaijin, kobe, mitowaves, blocknet, iso and spacebars but i just realize i can only outfit one TKL with all of this -.- **** me right... Now i need to think hard about what to get at all :( damn i was so ready to get poor
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline autobot

« Reply #1169 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:11:00 »
Just get all that and swap kits once in a while  :thumb:

Offline rehael

« Reply #1170 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:14:06 »
i just realize i can only outfit one TKL with all of this

I'm in for Cyberdeck, Gaijin, Mitowaves, Blocknet and Spacebars. I don't have any keyboard (yet!) to fit this on. And my choices are enough to fill two keyboards… I guess I'll just need to build something.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #1171 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:25:53 »
i just realize i can only outfit one TKL with all of this

I'm in for Cyberdeck, Gaijin, Mitowaves, Blocknet and Spacebars. I don't have any keyboard (yet!) to fit this on. And my choices are enough to fill two keyboards… I guess I'll just need to build something.
Yeah if it's not two TKL+ or what am i missing? At least the cluster above the arrow keys will be a problem, the f-row could be outfitted with mitowaves.
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #1172 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:43:03 »
Laser isn't flashy???

To name a few

oh man, I wanted GMK Rainbow so bad, but came into this hobby after the GB had run :(

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1173 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:57:16 »
Laser isn't flashy???

To name a few

TBH, I almost bought a few of the GMK rainbow sets I've seen up for grabs, then I look at how ****ty compatibility it had. Plus, someone was not thinking at all when they made the Fn key teal instead of purple.

I'd love a ridiculous GMK set like that though. I just want it to work with all my boards too.

oh man, I wanted GMK Rainbow so bad, but came into this hobby after the GB had run :(

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #1174 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 08:17:09 »
Ok, due to PP-MD issues I'm going to join for Base, Gajin and novelties the last day of drop.
But I'm quite interested in that other offers on mitormk.
I can only guess that that fish-related drop is for specific fugu artisan in Laser colorwave.
I also can't help but notice that all additional offers are related to novelties. (neurolinks for cables for instance, ramen for upcoming sale).
Are we going to get offer for each of novelty keys, or that's just element of design?

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #1175 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:15:55 »
Ok, due to PP-MD issues I'm going to join for Base, Gajin and novelties the last day of drop.
But I'm quite interested in that other offers on mitormk.
I can only guess that that fish-related drop is for specific fugu artisan in Laser colorwave.
I also can't help but notice that all additional offers are related to novelties. (neurolinks for cables for instance, ramen for upcoming sale).
Are we going to get offer for each of novelty keys, or that's just element of design?

Where did you see info on a fish related drop? On mitormk? Excited if true!

« Reply #1176 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:33:08 »

Where did you see info on a fish related drop? On mitormk? Excited if true!

yepp

Offline autobot

« Reply #1177 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 12:29:37 »
All this Laser stuff is going to bleed me dry...

Oh well, this is such a rare opportunity for a synthwave fan like me!

Offline avtar

« Reply #1178 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 18:11:28 »
Anyone willing to part with a 6.25 spacebar from the spacebars kit? That's the only one I want but seems like a steep price tag for the whole kit :-\

Offline iArson

« Reply #1179 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 18:39:23 »
Anyone willing to part with a 6.25 spacebar from the spacebars kit? That's the only one I want but seems like a steep price tag for the whole kit :-\

If the price drops to the lowest tier I plan on getting another. If that happens you can have one of mine :)

Offline avtar

« Reply #1180 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 18:44:53 »
Thank youuu! *fingers crossed*

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1181 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 19:45:21 »

If the price drops to the lowest tier I plan on getting another. If that happens you can have one of mine :)

I will be needing a 7u if I get.. Ya'll think it will be easy to get? If not I will have to buy the basekit just for the spacebar

EDIT: I will just get the SB pack and try and trade pink for purple.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:21:45 by ArchDill »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1182 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:54:58 »

I will be needing a 7u if I get.. Ya'll think it will be easy to get? If not I will have to buy the basekit just for the spacebar

EDIT: I will just get the SB pack and try and trade pink for purple.

+1 the hunt for 7u spacebars is gonna suck

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #1183 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 20:56:06 »
What kind of board generally uses a 7u Spacebar? Obviously I'm slightly noobish when it comes to that lol

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1184 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:04:30 »
What kind of board generally uses a 7u Spacebar? Obviously I'm slightly noobish when it comes to that lol

Winkeyless layouts

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #1185 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:06:56 »

Winkeyless layouts

Gotcha, thanks :) Looks like I may have a free 7u spacebar when Laser comes in lol, I love my winkey! (you know because I win with it)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1186 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 21:27:17 »

Winkeyless layouts

Also viper style layouts, and some 65% and anything that uses tsangan mods.

Offline Slopes

« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 05:22:19 »
I love it! I think you should consider adding a 1.75u shift into the base kits. Users like myself who use boards like a tada68 are often turned away because we have to buy upwards of 3 kits to get enough for a 68key board.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Slopes

« Reply #1188 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 05:23:50 »
The cyan and the pink are not going to look like that. They are not neon colors, they don't glow. This is not going to look like the renders, I guarantee it.
That's a really good point to make.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1189 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 07:36:16 »
I love it! I think you should consider adding a 1.75u shift into the base kits. Users like myself who use boards like a tada68 are often turned away because we have to buy upwards of 3 kits to get enough for a 68key board.

What do you mean. There is a 1.75u rshift in the base kit. There always is with GMK buys.

Offline threedawg

« Reply #1190 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 07:37:02 »
planning on ordering cyberdeck + gaijin + mitowaves + spacebar kit
will this fit 2 keyboard? let say a 1800 layout and a 40% board?

Offline Slopes

« Reply #1191 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 07:48:22 »

What do you mean. There is a 1.75u rshift in the base kit. There always is with GMK buys.
I meant to comment on a different thread, I am using Tapatalk and some how messed that up.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1192 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:43:37 »
"SPECULATION"

As it says this is pure speculation but is anyone else hoping that perhaps the Fish mentioned in the advertisement could possibly be a Fugu artisan gb? It make since with the PS group buy being the test ETF knows its possible to do it now. I am sure he wouldn't get more then 500-600 orders max. Which is close to the group buy for summer! I am sure its just wishful thinking

« Reply #1193 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:59:23 »
"SPECULATION"

As it says this is pure speculation but is anyone else hoping that perhaps the Fish mentioned in the advertisement could possibly be a Fugu artisan gb? It make since with the PS group buy being the test ETF knows its possible to do it now. I am sure he wouldn't get more then 500-600 orders max. Which is close to the group buy for summer! I am sure its just wishful thinking

Just check the thread above. I do think the same thing, just not sure about the marketplace that will be used for this offer.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1194 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 18:22:48 »
Its possible might be mito's site thought not sure if he want to do it there. He already selling the short story off his site to go with the keycaps.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #1195 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 22:13:58 »
Quick question: are the purple alphas the same colour as used for GMK Skeletor mods? Kinda hoping it’s darker than that purple..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #1196 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 05:47:40 »
I think both the pink and purple are custom colours.

Offline mbljs5555

« Reply #1197 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 14:02:27 »
Laser Hype!!!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1198 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 11:21:35 »
Please move discussion to a proper GB thread to eliminate any confusion.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (LIVE!)
« Reply #1199 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 13:58:24 »
Please move discussion to a proper GB thread to eliminate any confusion.

Will be updating OP with the correct child kits, etc. as I don't know how to move the discussion to a proper GB thread myself.