Author Topic: Sky Dolch on Realforce RGB looks much better than stock.  (Read 5738 times)

Offline ag36

Sky Dolch on Realforce RGB looks much better than stock.
« on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 11:27:17 »
Just decided to fit better keycaps to my realforce rgb as I grow tired of the stock keycaps,

Haven't got blank R1s for media keys and APC key so I fitted blank pbt on it, look pretty good.

Key feel is slightly better than the stock keycaps but still sounds worse than my stock 87U, I worry if the upcoming R2 will have the same issue.
Model M*5, SSK*4, M13 black*1, Model F XT*1, AT*1 F107*1, Unicomp*1, 3278 *1, Leopold FC750R*2, 980M*2 FC980C*1 Filco majestouch 2 TKL*1, Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT*1, Uniqey Q100*2, Ducky pocket*1, KBD75*2, KBD19X*2, HHKB pro 2*1, Type-S*1 Topre Realforce RGB*1, 108 all 30g*1, numpad*1, 87U*1 Dell AT101W*2, Alps64*2, V80 matias quiet click*2, Quiet liner *1, WYSE ASCII *1

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Sky Dolch on Realforce RGB looks much better than stock.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 11:44:35 »
I agree, it definitely looks better with Sky Dolch! I might be a bit biased as that's my all time fav colorway, but TBH anything with some color beats black & translucent legends to me. I'm not a big fan of RGB or back lighting at all, so I would end up replacing the stock caps on a RF RGB if I got one also. :thumb: BTW, are those caps GMK or Leopold's double shot PBT?

Offline ag36

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 11:57:49 »
I agree, it definitely looks better with Sky Dolch! I might be a bit biased as that's my all time fav colorway, but TBH anything with some color beats black & translucent legends to me. I'm not a big fan of RGB or back lighting at all, so I would end up replacing the stock caps on a RF RGB if I got one also. :thumb: BTW, are those caps GMK or Leopold's double shot PBT?

GMK, the case of rf rgb is a bit grayish rather than black making it fits better than I have expected. Hope Topre will make one with white or light gray case so I can fit it with GMK Olivetti  :) (swapping case with the upcoming R2 ANSI white case will be so expensive :confused:)
Model M*5, SSK*4, M13 black*1, Model F XT*1, AT*1 F107*1, Unicomp*1, 3278 *1, Leopold FC750R*2, 980M*2 FC980C*1 Filco majestouch 2 TKL*1, Cooler Master MasterKeys S PBT*1, Uniqey Q100*2, Ducky pocket*1, KBD75*2, KBD19X*2, HHKB pro 2*1, Type-S*1 Topre Realforce RGB*1, 108 all 30g*1, numpad*1, 87U*1 Dell AT101W*2, Alps64*2, V80 matias quiet click*2, Quiet liner *1, WYSE ASCII *1

Offline neemajon

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 12:18:30 »
Wish I could get my hands on one of those sets

Offline ag36

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 14:01:43 »
Wish I could get my hands on one of those sets

Seems to be sold out at the moment but I think GMK necro should be a good match too however I'd say RF RGB isn't the best topre in terms of sound and feel.

https://www.originativeco.com/products/necro

Offline Playa-V

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 21:35:38 »

GMK, the case of rf rgb is a bit grayish rather than black making it fits better than I have expected. Hope Topre will make one with white or light gray case so I can fit it with GMK Olivetti  :) (swapping case with the upcoming R2 ANSI white case will be so expensive :confused:)

You can dye the RF’s case with VHT dye and achieve a color similar to what you mentioned. The dye is very easy to use.

Ill be adding SA Calm Depths to my RF RGB, soon.

Offline zslane

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 11:39:16 »
You can dye the RF’s case with VHT dye and achieve a color similar to what you mentioned. The dye is very easy to use.

That's what I did to two of my Realforce RGB boards. It was a royal pain in the arse, to be honest. I really wish Topre had come out with white RF RGB cases, and I considered swapping with a white R2 case, but the cost is daunting and I don't even know where to get a full-size R2 in white.

Offline Playa-V

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 13:24:04 »

That's what I did to two of my Realforce RGB boards. It was a royal pain in the arse, to be honest. I really wish Topre had come out with white RF RGB cases, and I considered swapping with a white R2 case, but the cost is daunting and I don't even know where to get a full-size R2 in white.

It was actually your posts that inspired me to use the VHT dye.  :thumb:

The pastic piece being dyed on the second half of this video helped out alot.

Offline Riverman

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 18:50:09 »
When you guys paint or dye an RGB, what do you do about the shiny black plastic part with the logo and the LED indicators?  Does that come off easily enough without damaging it, or do you just mask it off?  I'm considering painting mine silver to match my iMac.

Offline Playa-V

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 21:05:15 »
When you guys paint or dye an RGB, what do you do about the shiny black plastic part with the logo and the LED indicators?  Does that come off easily enough without damaging it, or do you just mask it off?  I'm considering painting mine silver to match my iMac.

That black piece comes off easily. It used a thin blade on my RGB to remove it. Put the blade in, slide it from one side to the other, then slowly pull it off. Once the piece is pulles off there will be some adhesive, make sure you clean it off real good before dyeing the cover. Once done dying, just use the adhesive thats already on  the black piece to make it re-stick to the RGB.