Author Topic: Where do I find a 6u spacebar center  (Read 6258 times)

Offline dookie67

Where do I find a 6u spacebar center
« on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 21:08:59 »
Hey everyone. I recently bought a keyboard set, but realized it came with the wrong type of spacebar. Judging from this site, I need the third version: https://deskthority.net/wiki/Space_bar_dimensions#6_units_.28114mm_wide.2C_3_keymounts.2C_43.5mm_apart.29

It's the 6u spacebar with a center stem and 98mm in between the 2 side stabilizers measured from the center of them. I was hoping to find a white pbt in that size, oem would be nice but I don't really care about the profile.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Where do I find a 6u spacebar center
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 21:10:27 »
What keyboard did you get?

Regarding the 6u key, it depends on the keyset. Lots of profiles and colors etc.

Offline dookie67

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 02:34:54 »
Don't hate me, but it's a razer blackwidow chroma v2. I found a good vortex translucent pbt set with their awkward bottom row. But I guess it was for an older razer keyboard, because the stabilizers on the spacebar were off. The original keycaps feel really weird for ABS caps, so the contrast is even worse than normal with this spacebar and the vortex set.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 03:14:15 »
All good, modern GMK sets will include a 6u center-stem spacebar. This is more of a recent thing and some makers are still getting on the bandwagon once they realize that this is the only spacebar that works on the HHKB and Realforce 87U. Just check the layout for the set and look for center-stem on the drawing.

Offline dookie67

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 11:08:49 »
There are two variations on a 6u spacebar with a center stem, stems 38mm apart and 43.5 mm apart. The set I bought https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1330 came with the 38mm kind. I haven't been able to find a store/site that gets that detailed, the descriptions usually stop at "center stem 6u". I emailed signature plastics about their, but their support said they only have the 38mm variation. Are there some other online stores worth trying?