Author Topic: [IC] Fox Lab Leaf 80 (updated on 08/06)  (Read 28326 times)

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [IC] Fox Lab Leaf 80 (updated on 07/27)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 16:14:49 »
look at that anodizeing color? is the finish product going to have that gradient effect? that looks really original.. love it soo much and this case really inline with the case concept.. Good job!!

Your eyes see it correctly. That's gradient anodizing. We're still testing other color combinations.

Offline meliewx

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 17:04:44 »
If there's a way to have something match solarized dark with the green into darker/black. Would look amazing

Offline bminhz

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 18:35:03 »
New pics look amazing. Please have a vivid red for this board!

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 20:21:44 »
Gradient ano is very pretty! How do you match the top and bottom casing together to make sure gradients are consistent?

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 20:32:35 »
Any hypothetical timeline if so?
New anodizing photos: https://imgur.com/a/PKgnvrX

Daamn, looks great, when might the GB start?

seems like there are some people are interested in it. I may start a group buy mid or late next month

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Offline bciamny

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 21:47:52 »
gradient anodizing opens up a whole new approach to color choices. very tasteful in the sample senter.

Offline jermyg

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 00:08:42 »
I'd loving that gradient anodizing! I'd love a pink to purple gradient

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 00:36:38 »
Gradient ano is very pretty! How do you match the top and bottom casing together to make sure gradients are consistent?

AFAIK you can't truly do a 1:1 recreation of the gradient across different pieces, so each one will vary (slight to moderate differences). If you notice, the gradient ano pics don't show any side/seam/bottom piece shots, and the one that you can kind of see the back side of the bottom piece it isn't matched.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 16:14:05 »
How high is the board in the front?

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 16:36:37 »
I would love to see this in white somehow. The design really suits it imo. Either way I'm definitely interested; just depends on the price.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 14:07:15 »
Is there any estimated price yet?

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 23:59:15 »
I'm only in if this is ALPS. Otherwise its the $$$ Salamander for me :(
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 20:05:44 »
How high is the board in the front?

19mm

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 03:14:26 »
Looking sweet as  :cool:

I'm definitely interested in a simple ano kit rather than fade, hope the pricing will be in my budget when this hits the ground.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 03:16:54 »
Looking sweet as  :cool:

I'm definitely interested in a simple ano kit rather than fade, hope the pricing will be in my budget when this hits the ground.
Same, what caught my eye were the colors in the initial render. If this ends up straying too far from that, I would definitely reconsider getting this.

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [IC] Fox Lab Leaf 80 (updated on 07/31)
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 13:18:31 »
Black and blue prototypes

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 13:27:58 »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 18:01:10 »
prototypes look great.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 18:41:37 »
wow those protos are looking absolutely stellar! really looking forward to the gb starting

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 11:54:16 »
Ya I'll take one, thanks

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 12:42:37 »
Oh man, this looks so good. I hope there will be a 65% variation of this one.

Offline h0tdog

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 21:03:23 »
ooowww i like it

Offline BestShuckleNA

• はあちゃまっちゃま~!
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 23:24:06 »
Waiting for that nice forest green to go with Camping then I'm definitely in

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 10:49:21 »
Also am I crazy, or did I see a powder-coating option mentioned at one point? I can't find it anymore, but it might be easier to match those initial render pics that way.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 13:57:53 »
Also am I crazy, or did I see a powder-coating option mentioned at one point? I can't find it anymore, but it might be easier to match those initial render pics that way.

There won't be powder-coating options. MAO is possible tho.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 14:02:02 »

Camo anodizing prototype.

So the color options will be black, yellow, gradient, camo, red, white, green. Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:50:35 by senter »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 15:31:28 »
any way to make that cramy pink/peach color happen? or was that just possible due to renders? otherwise i think you have a nice set of colors with the gradient

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 15:46:02 »
WIll the yellow be the awesome pastel yellow from the renders - and if so would it be MAO?  Also does alps have the green light? =)

This is shaping up to be a pretty stellar board!

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 15:47:00 »
Any idea of a price yet?
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline catamscott

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 15:56:11 »
So the color options will be black, yellow, gradient, camo, yellow, red, white. Any other suggestions?

I'm guessing there won't actually be two yellow colors, yeah? And that blue that was shown off will also be one of the colors, correct? I think a nice leaf-y green color would be cool too if possible.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 16:36:39 »
So the color options will be black, yellow, gradient, camo, yellow, red, white. Any other suggestions?

I'm guessing there won't actually be two yellow colors, yeah? And that blue that was shown off will also be one of the colors, correct? I think a nice leaf-y green color would be cool too if possible.

i wanted to say green but im always pushing for green an didnt want to seem crazy :P

Offline bciamny

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 16:46:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Camo anodizing prototype.

i know traditionally the gbs for kbs are done with colors preselected but maybe we should try switching things up. especially in this case since i think we may have the opportunity for some cool colors. if you're willing senter, how about setting a low moq and listing all the colors possible. the colors that make it get produced and maybe we can get some cool and unique colors out there? maybe something like 5 for moq. this is also in response to a gb i was in recently where 5 colors were offered for 50 boards and only three people asked for black.

and numpad please if possible ;)

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 16:53:43 »

i know traditionally the gbs for kbs are done with colors preselected but maybe we should try switching things up. especially in this case since i think we may have the opportunity for some cool colors. if you're willing senter, how about setting a low moq and listing all the colors possible. the colors that make it get produced and maybe we can get some cool and unique colors out there? maybe something like 5 for moq. this is also in response to a gb i was in recently where 5 colors were offered for 50 boards and only three people asked for black.

For one, you can make a massive range of colours so uhh don't take it too literally but "anything's possible".
Secondly, that kind of GB will not only take longer than usual, it would likely cause a higher defect rate as well.
It's a cool thought, but what makes stops me at least from considering it is the pure amount of work and risk you take up asking with it.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:01:06 »
That camo. I really like it.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:04:46 »
tat sexy angle...

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:47:37 »
any way to make that cramy pink/peach color happen? or was that just possible due to renders? otherwise i think you have a nice set of colors with the gradient

Anodizing creamy colors are difficult. We were trying to make it close, but the best results are still not that creamy.

WIll the yellow be the awesome pastel yellow from the renders - and if so would it be MAO?  Also does alps have the green light? =)

MAO cannot do yellow afaik. Still working on the compatibility issues of ALPS.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:48:00 »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:49:59 »

Oh, sorry for the typo. Yes, the blue will be the one I showed off. Everything can be changed tho. Yes, green should be on the list.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:57:06 »

For one, you can make a massive range of colours so uhh don't take it too literally but "anything's possible".
Secondly, that kind of GB will not only take longer than usual, it would likely cause a higher defect rate as well.
It's a cool thought, but what makes stops me at least from considering it is the pure amount of work and risk you take up asking with it.

It's not possible to list all the colors as options. The factory can do tons of colors. Even they don't have the anodizing pools for a specific color right now, they can build one if necessary. Also, with exactly the same dye, the colors can be way different if the anodizing duration is different.

MxBlue is correct that it's risky to provide too many colors especially the ones that the factory never tried before. I will choose 8 colors at most when GB starts.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 18:35:48 »
Can we get camo in colors that are offered ie. Blue/purple camo or red/black?
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 August 2018, 12:14:26 by p_blaze »

Offline bciamny

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 21:18:37 »

It's not possible to list all the colors as options. The factory can do tons of colors. Even they don't have the anodizing pools for a specific color right now, they can build one if necessary. Also, with exactly the same dye, the colors can be way different if the anodizing duration is different.

MxBlue is correct that it's risky to provide too many colors especially the ones that the factory never tried before. I will choose 8 colors at most when GB starts.

makes sense and thanks for explaining. i guess i'm just kind of over seeing black, silver, grey, and red being offered in every gb when more exotic colors are possible. i think the blue showed as a proto is pretty awesome (and likely my leading choice). i think a deep blue would also be nice. most blues in gbs seem to exist around 2/3 shade skewing to the darker side.

a very light (tinted) purple would also be cool. but seeing as there isn't some rigid color scheme, it probably means it could look like something within a wide spectrum.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 09:43:29 »

Anodizing creamy colors are difficult. We were trying to make it close, but the best results are still not that creamy.

Fair fair, i would assume it wasn't easy cant wait! everything looks wonderful!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 12:15:43 »
Leaf is so amazing.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 21:38:16 »
Oh man i'm in if we can get that multi color anod. Looks amazing :p

Offline Delirious

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 22:18:52 »

I hope this would help you with compatibility issues of Alps. There are 3 positions for Capslock:
1. Center - 1.75u from the left
2. Alps stepped - 1.5u from the left
3. Cherry stepped 1.25u from the left

Offline BJW

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 05:10:36 »
Is Red/blue gradient color available? love to see that combination

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 11:57:51 »

I hope this would help you with compatibility issues of Alps. There are 3 positions for Capslock:
1. Center - 1.75u from the left
2. Alps stepped - 1.5u from the left
3. Cherry stepped 1.25u from the left

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks! This is very helpful!

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 12:01:39 »

Here are the photos of electrophoresis coating finish.

I'm hesitating about some colors on the list tbh. It's not easy to handle the color difference problem when the thickness of top and bottom cases differs a lot. I may consider electrophoresis coating finish more for Leaf 80 as it's easier to make the colors consistent.

Offline bciamny

Re: [IC] Fox Lab Leaf 80 (updated on 08/06)
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 12:20:00 »

Offline mkarlsson

[IC] Fox Lab Leaf 80 (updated on 08/06)
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:34:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Here are the photos of electrophoresis coating finish.

I'm hesitating about some colors on the list tbh. It's not easy to handle the color difference problem when the thickness of top and bottom cases differs a lot. I may consider electrophoresis coating finish more for Leaf 80 as it's easier to make the colors consistent.

That thing looks amazing.