Author Topic: Newbie from Rhode Island  (Read 1001 times)

Offline billbert12

Newbie from Rhode Island
« on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 15:24:09 »
Greetings. My name is Bill, I'm from Providence, RI, and I'm very new to the keyboard fandom world -- though I've been touch-typing since the third grade.
I'm a Mac user who, in a fit of spontaneous "CLICK TO BUY," bought a Cherry LPOS G86-71411 EUADAA. It's USB with about 38 re-legendable keys, including F keys, INS/DEL/HOME/END/SCRLK/PRTSC etc. It also has a built-in touchpad. (Of course, on eBay it APPEARED I was buying a 71410 with NO touchpad and a few keys more, but that's for another day.)

I've futzed for about half an hour in the Mac Keyboard Preferences, and I already had BetterTouchTool and was using that just fabulously with an A1243 Apple Extended wired keyboard.

My trouble is: the second row of keys above all the function keys aren't being recognized. They just plumb don't exist, it would appear, on a standard USB ANSI keyboard... And, of course, Cherry makes this keyboard to be used on Windows machines, so they have no driver software for Mac.
(This board also has a magnetic card strip reader but I don't need or want that.)

All I want is lots moar macro buttons! (I'd really like them to use in OBS for different scenes.) This used Cherry wasn't that expensive, but anyone got any ideas to use the rest of the keys? Am I going to have to write a script to map them or something?...

Thanks for any insight!
Bill Tomison