geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Super n00b here looking for some basic help

(1/3) > >>

megaKeys:
A very generous friend of mine gifted me this set up, however i am looking for my own keycaps.  I do have a Mac and am looking for a set that has Mac keys.  I have no idea what layout or type this board is, if anyone here could help me identify the layout so i can buy the right keycaps.

Thank you in advance anyone.  Looking forward to get this beast up and running

HungerMechanic:
I'm no expert, but that looks like a standard ANSI TKL (ten-key-less). It should be compatible with almost any set you can buy.

Looks like it may be using Cherry MX Clears, a fairly tactile switch by Cherry standards.

Now you just need to find some keycaps that have Mac labels, and remap them in the OS if necessary.

megaKeys:
So I bought this https://www.amazon.com/YMDK-Profile-Standard-Switches-Keyboard/dp/B07JR94835

But it seems the space bar is too small.  I like these keys though, do you know what size space bar I may need?  I think it would be cool to have an accent space bar.

HungerMechanic:
Interesting. Maybe someone with a more practiced eye can help you out. Many keyboards in that size have four keys to the right of the spacebar, not three, so perhaps it is a non-standard bottom-row.

Once you find the size, you will be able to get a replacement key. There are various accent spacebars available in many sizes now.

bliss:
Also mind the the off-centered Caps Lock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version