Author Topic: [GB] IRON165 by Smith + Rune  (Read 130596 times)

Offline Poblopuablo

Re: [GB] IRON165 by Smith + Rune
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 11:27:03 »
Any extras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there will be extras and b-stock available after all orders have been filled. All of our vendors, and us, have ordered extras.

What would be the best way to be notified of when extras are available? Do we go to a specific vendor site, to the discord? Email list? :)

Thanks and glad to hear things are back up and running.

Offline lbaron

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 11:02:04 »
Small update:  Hard case factory is back open and committed to finishing the cases before the end of the month. Best case scenario at this point would be hard cases delivered to manufacturer by the end of March. Then packing and shipping so QC in the beginning of April.

Offline lbaron

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 17:51:09 »
Any extras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there will be extras and b-stock available after all orders have been filled. All of our vendors, and us, have ordered extras.

What would be the best way to be notified of when extras are available? Do we go to a specific vendor site, to the discord? Email list? :)

Thanks and glad to hear things are back up and running.

We’ll post here after confirming with Vendors on how extras will be handled.

Offline AMONster

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 22:51:40 »
Anyone selling their spot for the regular edition?

Offline Kenny20x2

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 19:12:23 »
Looking to try and buy someones spot for the regular edition

Offline voxkey

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 18:17:49 »
Hey everyone, just a quick update on the progress.

Things are moving again! Anodizing has already begun and hard cases should be arriving to the factory any day now. We're so close!

The FE is, for the most part, finished. We’re expecting to begin fulfilling FE orders in April.

We'll have another update next week. Stay tuned and stay safe.

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 20:00:01 »
Looking for spot for this keyboard, or does anyone know if there will be extras?

Thank you

Offline trustworthy

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 20:52:31 »
Looking for spot for this keyboard, or does anyone know if there will be extras?

Thank you

It's not clear how extras will be handled yet, but it does sounds like there will be extras. This thread is supposed to get updates early this week.

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 13:07:31 »

Thank you

It's not clear how extras will be handled yet, but it does sounds like there will be extras. This thread is supposed to get updates early this week.

Thank you, I managed to join the discord server for updates and info

Offline voxkey

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 14:45:48 »
Hey all,

Just a quick GB update! The factory is currently preparing ALL irons for shipment!

Enjoy some cell phone pics of the progress.

Offline konradb

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 14:47:20 »
Is there any shiping delay expected for EU countries?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 22:08:28 »
Looking great! Congrats on the GB!

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:08:54 »
Looks really nice - hope i can hop on 180 TKL  :thumb:

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 17:17:11 »
So, will there be extras?

Offline Pach

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 19:30:21 »
Yes, in a month or so.

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 00:32:05 »
Yes, in a month or so.

Best news I've heard all day.

Offline aclassynerd

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:00:22 »
Yes, in a month or so.

That's awesome! Do I need to join the discord for updates on the extras? Would love to get one

Offline lbaron

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 09:39:32 »
Quick update:

All parts received at manufacturing facility in China (hardcases, PCBs, etc)
All machining and anodizing finished
QC and packaging currently underway at manu and being back by vendor order. Some have shipped
Only a handful of parts need to be remade, but those won’t effect vendor orders and will only slow our extras we ordered
We will announce in advance when extras will become available on both here and our discord

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 13:42:20 »
Quick update:

All parts received at manufacturing facility in China (hardcases, PCBs, etc)
All machining and anodizing finished
QC and packaging currently underway at manu and being back by vendor order. Some have shipped
Only a handful of parts need to be remade, but those won’t effect vendor orders and will only slow our extras we ordered
We will announce in advance when extras will become available on both here and our discord

Is there an estimate on how many extras there will be?

Offline FoxFire007

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:21:36 »
Can I just give my money now for the extras lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline belgarzon

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 10:42:17 »

Same.

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:17:59 »

Same.

Yes.

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 13:53:07 »

Same.

Yes.
I would give money for extras rn too.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 18:54:03 »
Hey all,

Just a quick GB update! The factory is currently preparing ALL irons for shipment!

Enjoy some cell phone pics of the progress.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks really nice!!!!

Offline voxkey

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 16:18:18 »
Here's your latest Iron165 GB Update!

Okay, get really, really excited! The irons have shipped!!

Each vendor (including us for FE) will still have to QC, package, and ship out orders to customers.

As some of you have heard, Louis has already received his shipment and we will continue to provide updates as more news of arrivals become available.

As always, stay tuned and stay safe.

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 17:30:34 »
It's almost time  :eek:

Offline Myk!

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 22:11:42 »
Here's your latest Iron165 GB Update!

Okay, get really, really excited! The irons have shipped!!

Each vendor (including us for FE) will still have to QC, package, and ship out orders to customers.

As some of you have heard, Louis has already received his shipment and we will continue to provide updates as more news of arrivals become available.

As always, stay tuned and stay safe.
Still waiting for extras

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Offline DonaldPShimoda

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 16:15:55 »
Still eagerly awaiting news about extras. This board is too pretty — I'm bummed I missed the GB.

I have some questions though!

• Will extras come with everything listed (including cases)?
  • Will there be extras of the Founder's Edition?
  • Will non-FE extras be handled through a normal purchase process, or through a raffle kind of thing?
  • How much do I have to bribe you to make sure I get one of the extras?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Offline lbaron

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:27:17 »
Still eagerly awaiting news about extras. This board is too pretty — I'm bummed I missed the GB.

• Will non-FE extras be handled through a normal purchase process, or through a raffle kind of thing?

Hi! I don’t have answers to everything as some things aren’t finalized but will try my best:
1. Yes it will come with everything listed
2. Most likely not, but maybe 1-2 B stock.
3. Most likely through a raffle but not finalized.
4. Extras will be available on all vendors websites after fulfillment. Once CannonKeys fulfills GB orders we will also have extras available on our personal website too. So a good chance for extras with no need to bribe haha.

Offline DonaldPShimoda

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 11:16:04 »

Hi! I don’t have answers to everything as some things aren’t finalized but will try my best:
1. Yes it will come with everything listed
2. Most likely not, but maybe 1-2 B stock.
3. Most likely through a raffle but not finalized.
4. Extras will be available on all vendors websites after fulfillment. Once CannonKeys fulfills GB orders we will also have extras available on our personal website too. So a good chance for extras with no need to bribe haha.

A little bummed about the lack of A-stock FE extras, but I understand why there wouldn't be extras of those haha. Maybe I'll try for the B-stocks if I can. Otherwise this is all good news. Thank you very much for the update!

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:37:53 »
Aahh, please finalize this soon - i‘m so hyped for 180  :eek: :thumb:

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 17:59:07 »
R2 please

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 18:01:14 »
R2 please

There will be extras from this round after the GB units have all shipped

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 05:45:50 »
R2 please

please it will be sold out in 2 seconds and be flipped on aftermarket. I need r2 to secure my spot.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 00:04:55 »
R2 please

please it will be sold out in 2 seconds and be flipped on aftermarket. I need r2 to secure my spot.

Saw someone trying to buy for $1500, oh boy

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 10:29:42 »
Saw someone trying to buy for $1500, oh boy

Aaaaand there's a new $2000 offer now.

Offline FaIIen

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:10:47 »
Yep, that post is getting so much hate on r/mm, not sure why it's a fair price as someone said! "He's just selling the board for $475 + $1525 shipping + Additional Shipping fees/protection + Paypal fee?"

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:25:59 »
R2 please

R2's not going to secure your spot either unfortunately.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:45:50 »
You have to consider that as an after market seller you go through a lot of unfun hassle and risk to try and aquire a board like this in a GB. There's people that deliberately skip that whole process and just go straight to after market, and throw money at it - because they can. $2k listings might not be so outrageous as you may think, and giving hate to it is childish to say the least.

Offline ibabo

• yeaaaaaaahh
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:00:29 »
You have to consider that as an after market seller you go through a lot of unfun hassle and risk to try and aquire a board like this in a GB. There's people that deliberately skip that whole process and just go straight to after market, and throw money at it - because they can. $2k listings might not be so outrageous as you may think, and giving hate to it is childish to say the least.
supporting it is childish, this gb went smooth and the person paid probably around $550 after shipping. He is scalping so hard, in no world is asking 4x as much for this board not outrageous
ahaaaa, keyboard. HOVA

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 17:05:00 »
supporting it is childish, this gb went smooth and the person paid probably around $550 after shipping. He is scalping so hard, in no world is asking 4x as much for this board not outrageous

I don't think childish is the word you're looking for.

And is it that outrageous if people are actually willing to pay it? I don't think so. Just because you aren't willing to spend it, it doesn't mean it's outrageous by any means.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 11:03:43 »

I don't think childish is the word you're looking for.

And is it that outrageous if people are actually willing to pay it? I don't think so. Just because you aren't willing to spend it, it doesn't mean it's outrageous by any means.

The same logic can and should be applied both ways imo. Just because _somebody_ is willing to spend it, doesn't make it okay.

The community is growing, and will continue to grow for the unforeseeable future, the market is going to shift and sway as demands change over time. However, that doesn't necessarily excuse scalpers from entering the market to make a quick buck off the community. When you buy/sell things in a community as niche as this, your actions can and sometimes will leave a lasting impression on the community.

People don't always forget things so easily.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 11:24:58 »
How can it not be okay? It's not like someone is holding a gun at them and forcing them to spend their money. They are choosing to do it on their own, making the decision on their own.

This hobby is very quickly moving away from being a close-knit, niche community. Sure there will always be cliques inside hobbies like this, but when vendors like Keycult are getting somewhere between 3000-6000 entries in a raffle that's open for 6 minutes total, you can see just how many people aren't participating in this community. When raffles are selling out in literal seconds for 100 boards, it's quite apparent that the only thing holding this hobby back from going mainstream is small vendors not willing to put up capital to grow their business quickly. It's awesome to see vendors like Cannonkeys, Hiney and others working to have in stock items. This isn't the same community of 5 years ago though. The growth right now is exponential and the market is only now slowly working to meet the demand that is obviously there.

You want scalpers to go away? Create a product that can be delivered constantly and consistently and there will never be a need for anyone to pay aftermarket prices. Until that happens, this hobby and every other hobby, will continue to see products sold at prices that many see outrageous, but will be the norm unless a solution is found.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 11:29:32 »
I think you guys are missing the fact that keebs are becoming a collectible and a store of value for people, just like any collectible. This is what happens to cool things that are traded as currency. Sneakers, cards, watches, stamps, and let's not forget the holy grail of all collectibles, Beanie Babies. It has come to this community now it seems. At least we get to use these things and not keep them in sleeves stored away.

Offline ElKapitain

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 09:25:13 »
Would there be any extra ?

Offline ksc

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 00:24:51 »
Would there be any extra ?

Yes, there will be extras, but no announcement yet.

Offline lbaron

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 22:28:21 »
To celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the launch of Iron165 IC we will be having our extras for sale on July 4th, 9am EST and 9pm EST via raffle in two 3 min windows just like with the original FE raffle. Please only enter one of these time slots. Link will be posted on GH and our discord.
A stock prices will be $550 + shipping
B stock prices will be $490 + shipping
Raffle will be via google form.
You will be asked for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc choice (ie A-stock plum, b-stock plum, A stock navy, A stock graphite, B stock navy, B stock graphite). They will be fulfilled in the order drawn. Winners will be contacted via email and have 24 hours to pay invoice before a redraw.

Offline voxkey

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 22:32:27 »
Hey everyone!

It's been a long run, but we're nearing the very end of the group buy! With few exceptions, almost all boards have shipped out! That means it's time for the extras announcement!

When LBaron and I looked back through the original IC we noticed that it started on July 4th of last year, so we thought it'd be fitting to run an extras raffle right at the one-year anniversary.

The extras raffle will take place on July 4th, 2020 and consist of two 3-minute windows, opening at 9am EST and 9pm EST. Those windows will be open for three minutes.

We will have both A-stock ($550) and B-stock ($490) boards available.

More details to follow this week.

Have a good night!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 June 2020, 11:51:31 by voxkey »

Offline dRnRcRr

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 23:17:15 »
Very nice.

Offline mxyzptlk13

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 19:15:22 »
I have a dumb question. What's the difference between a stock and b stock...

Sent from my LYA-AL00 using Tapatalk