Author Topic: [IC] GMK STRIKER | LIVE (04/25 - 05/18)  (Read 161913 times)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
Re: [IC] GMK Samurai Blue
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 08:41:18 »
Zambumon I would like to give you advice, do not base your opinion colors on the shirt. For personal experience I tell you that even the original football shirts have a slightly different color between the different lots.

KMK Labs.

I'm going to end up using any color I like most, whether is closer or not to the my own jersey.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 11:10:01 »
wilba.tech Thermal

Show Image

Sorry, side question: Where is this keyboard being IC or GBd? This is the first time I’m seeing it and OMG I WANT IT

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 11:26:40 »
Zambumon I would like to give you advice, do not base your opinion colors on the shirt. For personal experience I tell you that even the original football shirts have a slightly different color between the different lots.

KMK Labs.

I'm going to end up using any color I like most, whether is closer or not to the my own jersey.

yes, it's definitely the best choice

KMK Labs.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 11:38:30 »
Sorry, side question: Where is this keyboard being IC or GBd? This is the first time I’m seeing it and OMG I WANT IT

Not at either of those stages yet.

Offline chouyu

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 14:39:33 »
Did you think about where to start the GB?

Nope. This is just my standard way of making interest checks.

It’s the best I’ve seen over this year, please consider to start the GB

Offline Owl-

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 15:43:01 »
Any chance to include the blue 2u small bar in the spacebars kit?

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 15:23:09 »
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ HOLY **** START THE DAMN GROUP BUY$$$$$$$$$$$

:p :thumb: ;D :) ;)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 16:17:05 »
Any chance to include the blue 2u small bar in the spacebars kit?

The spacebar kit is for accent key spacebars only, the rest of the small spacebars are a part of the 40s kit.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ HOLY **** START THE DAMN GROUP BUY$$$$$$$$$$$

:p :thumb: ;D :) ;)

Still not the time for a group buy for this set.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 11:41:02 »
blue samurai daisuki
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Korseir

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 16:10:11 »
Update time

Here it is, the first big update for this set!

Make sure to check the new OP or its new project page which has all the details about this set.

Here are some notes regarding the update:
  • As some of you might have noticed, I've not changed the name for this set, and it is still Samurai Blue.
  • The set now has a now what we could consider a standard offer of kits for small & medium group buys: core, 40s, novelties, and spacebars, exactly the same type of layout that Chocolatier is offering.
  • Novelties are no longer a part of the core kit, and now have their own add-on kit
  • Lots and lots of new layout examples in the render gallery, including new upcoming keyboards such as Percebe, Andromeda, or wilba.tech Thermal
  • Custom packaging and deskmat design is in the works
  • A JFA jersey is on my way for color matching purposes. It wasn't easy to find one as they were all out of stock in Europe.

Zambumon Percebe

Show Image

Show Image

Andromeda

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

wilba.tech Thermal

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What do you think about the update? Are you excited for this set? Let me know what you think!

Zambumon you bastard how the hell can you just tease the Percebe like that and not even give us a possible release date for it? like god damn son it looks so good in that color

Edit: don't leave us hanging and shed some details on what else we can expect from this amazing little board (Nemo side Indicator lights, split space bar?), its heart breaking when you tease us so
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 August 2018, 16:13:50 by Korseir »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 16:57:54 »
thick integrated plate, USB-C, hotswaps.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:06:42 »
All the good keycaps coming!

Offline Korseir

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 17:24:12 »
thick integrated plate, USB-C, hotswaps.

I'll take what I can get <3

Offline Korseir

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 18:09:26 »
hey Zambumon now that i've given the Percebe a bit more study, i was wondering if it would be possible to have a 1.25 "/ ?" key where the 1.25 "shift" is included in the 40s kit as i would think that would be more appealing for 40% users. Maybe even having the option of bringing the "enter" key all the way to the end and have the "code" key closer to the ":;" key so we can accommodate having the " quote and apostrophe " key. This probably isn't the time and place for discussion of the Percebe as it is a WIP but i am just hyped for this keyboard. So apologies for taking this topic off tangent. (also will there be a Percebe Samurai Blue edition similar to the Percebe Jamon edition?)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 18:37:07 »
hey Zambumon now that i've given the Percebe a bit more study, i was wondering if it would be possible to have a 1.25 "/ ?" key where the 1.25 "shift" is included in the 40s kit as i would think that would be more appealing for 40% users. Maybe even having the option of bringing the "enter" key all the way to the end and have the "code" key closer to the ":;" key so we can accommodate having the " quote and apostrophe " key. This probably isn't the time and place for discussion of the Percebe as it is a WIP but i am just hyped for this keyboard. So apologies for taking this topic off tangent. (also will there be a Percebe Samurai Blue edition similar to the Percebe Jamon edition?)

This isn't really the thread for that, once I get things really going on,  I'll start an IC for the keyboard, with all the relevant information but linked to Percebe and the 40s kit: the layout is final, and to access those keys you'd have to use layers as in any 40% keyboard.

Offline Korseir

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 18:41:25 »

This isn't really the thread for that, once I get things really going on,  I'll start an IC for the keyboard, with all the relevant information but linked to Percebe and the 40s kit: the layout is final, and to access those keys you'd have to use layers as in any 40% keyboard.

ahhaa my apologies again for derailing. keep up the good work sir we look forward to what you will have in store for us in the future  ;D

Offline Slippery_John

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 14:13:02 »
I love it! I've been looking to do a blue build for a friend of mine and this will be perfect! Any word on the Andromeda?

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 16:58:31 »
Color me interested.
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline rachel

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 19:58:53 »
I like it. Thinking to get for my jap boss. Support support!

Offline Absinthe

• Atreusaurus rex
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 20:07:44 »
Love the clean look of this set and the rich dark blues - definitely in!
Francium Pro : MX Brown || B.Mini : Zealio 65 & Zealencios || Atreus62 : Zealio 65 & Zealencios

SA Carbon || SA Dasher || SA Symbiosis 2.0 || SA Retro

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 19:02:52 »
10000000% in.

Offline axisfx

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 09:23:09 »
Any chance of an R1 1.5U Esc and 1.5U delete for the Race 3?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 12:35:06 »
Very little. Specially if we consider that they are not using those keys for their Tab 75.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 12:40:06 »
Waiting for this to drop. a red Enter key perhaps? Even as extra or part of any kit, to capture the flag colors.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 09:36:01 »
In order for the 40's kit to support Preonic there needs to be an R1 1u Backspace.  I have seen some GMK kits that provide one in the main kit (don't know if some other boards use a 1u Backspace), but you do not include it in the main kit or in the 40's kit.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 13:51:47 »
Waiting for this to drop. a red Enter key perhaps? Even as extra or part of any kit, to capture the flag colors.

That's why we have the Japanese flag novelties. I'd want to keep the monochromatic feel that the core has, adding more red accents to the novelty kit would be too much.

In order for the 40's kit to support Preonic there needs to be an R1 1u Backspace.  I have seen some GMK kits that provide one in the main kit (don't know if some other boards use a 1u Backspace), but you do not include it in the main kit or in the 40's kit.

I've considered in the past adding it but then I start thinking about it and it doesn't make much sense to do it. Here is my reasoning: The OLKB keyboards have that philosophy that they were designed in a way that your fingers would hardly move away from the homerow, and that's how the planck was born. Your fingers just move one row up and down and you should be able to reach Enter, Esc, Tab, Backspace, Alt, Ctrl, hardly moving your hands. However, when the Preonic came, a 5th row was added, which solves one of the issues the Planck had (people not getting used to accesing numbers using lower and raise) but its default layout it's not consistent with the OLKB principle, because instead of keeping the Backspace in the same exact spot as the Planck (which very easy to reach, and it's very similar to what we could find with an HHKB layout) an essential key is moved away from the fingers making it harder to reach. Since the Preonic is easily programmable, and there are decent alternatives (such as delete) and the previous reasoning, I opted not to add either a R1 1.00U backspace to the Core kit or the 40% kit.

Offline jacobavenkraft

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 14:47:09 »

I've considered in the past adding it but then I start thinking about it and it doesn't make much sense to do it. Here is my reasoning: The OLKB keyboards have that philosophy that they were designed in a way that your fingers would hardly move away from the homerow, and that's how the planck was born. Your fingers just move one row up and down and you should be able to reach Enter, Esc, Tab, Backspace, Alt, Ctrl, hardly moving your hands. However, when the Preonic came, a 5th row was added, which solves one of the issues the Planck had (people not getting used to accesing numbers using lower and raise) but its default layout it's not consistent with the OLKB principle, because instead of keeping the Backspace in the same exact spot as the Planck (which very easy to reach, and it's very similar to what we could find with an HHKB layout) an essential key is moved away from the fingers making it harder to reach. Since the Preonic is easily programmable, and there are decent alternatives (such as delete) and the previous reasoning, I opted not to add either a R1 1.00U backspace to the Core kit or the 40% kit.

That is an interesting perspective, it is your design and I respect your reasoning to include/exclude whichever keys you wish.  I would say though that while no one could fault you for supporting the default layout of a board by including certain keys (even if they choose to map their boards in a different way), some critics could certainly take issue with you choosing NOT to support the default layout of a board while purporting to provide support for that board.

I would also point out that GMK Space Cadet, GMK Metaverse, and GMK Carbon R2 all seem to provide a 1u R1 Backspace in their base kits and I'm pretty sure it isn't to help out Preonic users.  Is there another board for which that is useful?  Is it something that sometimes shows up in the numpad of some boards, or alternate layouts for HHKB and similar sized boards?

It just feels right to me that if you say a kit provides support for Preonic then it should provide the keys to fit the default layout of the Preonic.  That being said, lack of support for the default layout would not deter me from buying a keyset as long as I loved the colorway and as long as it had enough keys to provide coverage.  If I got this keyset then I would just use Delete or some other key or novelty on the R1 of a Preonic, but Bob help any newbie who tried to use my board for the first time.

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 04:38:41 »
this thread is made of a bout 1 giga byte of pictures.

please contact me if you're sellyng  hiragana alphas

Offline anais05

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 05:26:13 »
Please make this happen fast. Really want it..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline RSC

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 08:08:55 »
Why do the E and Z keycaps have the Hiragana sublegends in double? This doesn't happen with the other letters.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 08:45:26 »
Very briefly,

Z -> the "small tsu" つ  is called sokuon and it represents doubling a consonant.
E -> い corresponds with vowel "i" and it can be combined with a previous hiragana to specify how to pronounce it. For instance, combined with ふ(fu) you obtain ふぃ (fi).

If we want to get a somehow accurate equivalent of the JIS standard with an ANSI layout, those sublegends are needed, which is what I have done previously with Serika.

Offline comdata55

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 07:55:38 »
+1 for the R1 1.00U backspace

is it time yettt???????

Offline chouyu

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:52:55 »
Hello, is the time to start GB?
I can't wait to touch them. :-[

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 15:08:10 »
No, it's not.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 15:22:15 »
Fwiw after 3 weeks with my new Preonic, I fully support not having a R1 1u backspace. That was just a terrible layout choice and there is no reason the community should continue supporting it when the keyboard is fully programmable.

The only way it makes sense to me is if you use delete more than backspace, which I believe very few people do.

Anyways, love this set, I'm in for whenever it drops. Also definitely in for the 40 board whenever that drops.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 11:52:30 »
Perfect, absolutely perfect.  ETA when this will launch?

Offline 5inn3d-

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 12:25:52 »
@zambumon great looking set... any consideration for the mods to be in the darker accented colour instead; with 'esc' and 'return' in the white and red of japan?

just my humble opinion  ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 October 2018, 12:28:07 by 5inn3d- »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 12:58:54 »
@zambumon great looking set... any consideration for the mods to be in the darker accented colour instead; with 'esc' and 'return' in the white and red of japan?

Upto Zambumon to finalize, but I personally like this uniform colored look, this shade of blue is just right, and looks amazing with withe legends. I think the dark shade mods may dampen the overall blueness of original design. I know folks have been crazy about Laser but I personally think this color scheme is much better. However a separate mods kit in darker shade may work out to satisfy those who prefer varying shades.
Again just my 2c.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 13:01:37 »

Upto Zambumon to finalize, but I personally like this uniform colored look, this shade of blue is just right, and looks amazing with withe legends. I think the dark shade mods may dampen the overall blueness of original design. I know folks have been crazy about Laser but I personally think this color scheme is much better. However a separate mods kit in darker shade may work out to satisfy those who prefer varying shades.
Again just my 2c.
I second this opinion. My interest in this is because it’s a uniform blue.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 17:59:31 »
I like the idea of using just the same color for both mods and alphas. I'm not considering changing that.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 12:25:21 »
I know you are currently  busy with GMK Choclatier, but any idea when this will be dropped? Just want to plan my budget accordingly.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 13:26:26 »
I know you are currently  busy with GMK Choclatier, but any idea when this will be dropped? Just want to plan my budget accordingly.

I have no idea if this will even reach the group buy stage.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 14:05:57 »
Why not? This seems one of your more popular sets.

Personally, I've been waiting for this one to get to GB. Hopefully, it does.

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 14:07:23 »

Well that's unfortunate.  This set really grew on me and I was looking forward to it

Offline Atredl

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 14:33:34 »

Why the uncertainty? I thought this set had quite a bit of support.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 14:41:28 »
I am surprised that this may not drop. This set is gorgeous, with healthy interest form community as well. Do you mind sharing the reasons for it not materializing?

Offline rondg

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 16:44:45 »
Please make this a thing. This looks so classy IMO. I have been saving up for this already.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 22:50:53 »
i am super planning on this one whenever it drops.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 06:10:55 »
I am surprised that this may not drop. This set is gorgeous, with healthy interest form community as well. Do you mind sharing the reasons for it not materializing?

I'm not saying the set won't reach the group buy stage, just keeping things realistic. Even if it gets to the group buy stage, don't expect it to be sooner than March or April 2019 at this pace.

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:29:07 »
Really digging this set, a JP flag novelty enter/capslock key might look nice for a single colour set like this.

White novelties on the bottom row is a bit jarring imo.