Author Topic: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars: In Limbo/Unfulfillment  (Read 410071 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars
« Reply #1200 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 10:58:06 »
hoff for global mod ;) he's usually the only one I see interacting with the community.

There a few others that do it, but I agree that Hoff is here more frequently.

I see #baz too, but Hoffman definitely has more free time on his hands.  :))

I think there's some confusion here.  :)Global Moderator is what all site-wide (not subforum-specific, like an artisan) moderators are.  Hash, jwaz, and myself are Senior/Lead Moderators, so we already have the powahh of Global Mods plus more.  ;)

And yes,..."free time"...  :P 

Also just to add, the Global Mods are quite active, even if only behind the scenes, and my sanity thanks them immensely.  :thumb:

Super-Hoff is a Global Plus Mod then?

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1201 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:06:20 »
Hoff, I have ample free time.

Global mod pls

Thx bby

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #1202 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:07:57 »
hoff for global mod ;) he's usually the only one I see interacting with the community.

I think there's some confusion here.  :)Global Moderator is what all site-wide (not subforum-specific, like an artisan) moderators are.  Hash, jwaz, and myself are Senior/Lead Moderators, so we already have the powahh of Global Mods plus more.  ;)

Also just to add, the Global Mods are quite active, even if only behind the scenes, and my sanity thanks them immensely.  :thumb:

Ah, so there is "behind the scenes" funny business going about!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1203 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:19:48 »

well, it definitely seems like administration needs to get a handle on their mods. someone should have been able to sniff this out within the mod group. This should never have happened - especially because ivan is a mod. That definitely played into quelling everyone's anxiety about his long silence. i also find it problematic that no one has been able to contact him...

Unless there is a reeeeeally good reason for the long silence, and an acceptable solution to the issue, i think it goes without saying that ivan should not be a mod anymore

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1204 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:26:57 »
well, it definitely seems like administration needs to get a handle on their mods. someone should have been able to sniff this out within the mod group.

This is a very naive comment to make.  I can't imagine a scenario where your reasoning could actually be put into practice effectively.  I'm always open to suggestions though.  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1205 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:28:26 »
i also find it problematic that no one has been able to contact him...

Unless there is a reeeeeally good reason for the long silence, and an acceptable solution to the issue, i think it goes without saying that ivan should not be a mod anymore

Also (yes I'm double posting), please read the thread before posting.  I *did* get in contact with him.  There is not any good reason for the long silence.  He is no longer a moderator.

Thank you.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1206 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:54:35 »

Super-Hoff is a Global Plus Mod then?

We have had examples being set in the past. Go and read up on the history of Sherraton from Originative. He lost mod status and his subforum.
But he seems to have redeemed himself lately. Give Ivan a chance to make this right.

Same thing happened to Redline, yet the person who royally screwed the GH60 buy still has an artisan forum and there's no indication that that will change.  Mods have remained silent on that issue when asked.  There's not always consistency on those issues.

It definitely is a situation where some input is needed given the reliable history of Ivan.  I have a hard time believing that he would disappear absent something outside of his control, especially everything he's done for the community as a whole and individuals in it in the past.  Hopefully he didn't do a runner and hopefully there is an answer soon for what is going on.  If he did do a runner, it would be a huge blow.

Things like this, the unfulfilled orders with some ancient CtrlAlt buys, and other GB issues really do reinforce the notion that you should only be able to run a single group buy at a time and that we need to figure out some sort of escrow situation for group buys.

Dude, this.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1207 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 11:56:40 »
Senior mods have more abilities than us global mods. They can permanently ban users, we can only mute, etc.

As to the group buy system, we have been talking about possible changes to make to the current group buy system.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1208 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:06:42 »
Senior mods have more abilities than us global mods. They can permanently ban users, we can only mute, etc.

As to the group buy system, we have been talking about possible changes to make to the current group buy system.

I made This thread for Site Run Group Buy Feedback as this seems to be heading in that direction and isn't really about the group buy at hand specifically anymore, if anyone wants to put some specific feedback there.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1209 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:59:40 »

They should be called super-mods...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1210 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:02:12 »

They should be called super-mods...

Plus Size Mods

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1211 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:13:01 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1212 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:00:08 »
mfw reading through some of these comments

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1213 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:05:56 »
>mfw reading through some of these comments

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1214 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:12:42 »
I still trust Ivan more than Massdrop

If a bus hit one of you, you wouldn't be able to get your keyset, similarly, a bus can hit anyone, a bus can hit the GB organiser, life is mortal, there is always the probability that a "serious" life event can disrupt a GB, and it seems to me that, in this case, that probably happened, so if there was a 1% chance none of us were getting anything, we are living that 1% scenario right now
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1215 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:16:09 »

If a bus hit one of you, you wouldn't be able to get your keyset, similarly, a bus can hit anyone, a bus can hit the GB organiser, life is mortal, there is always the probability that a "serious" life event can disrupt a GB, and it seems to me that, in this case, that probably happened, so if there was a 1% chance none of us were getting anything, we are living that 1% scenario right now

Pretty sure Hoff got up with him and it wasn't that.

Why would you not trust MD? Very least you can always get your money back no matter what.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1216 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:25:27 »

lol what? How can you trust an individual more than an actual business. massdrop is actually liable for any issues that you may have with an order and you either get your money back or a replacement. You wont get that from an individual

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1217 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:27:37 »

lol what? How can you trust an individual more than an actual business. massdrop is actually liable for any issues that you may have with an order and you either get your money back or a replacement. You wont get that from an individual

I mean, from what we know he flat out lied about stuff. Period. Thats not something I'm cool with.

Offline sambarugh

• Megalixir
« Reply #1218 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:32:37 »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1219 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:35:49 »

I mean, from what we know he flat out lied about stuff. Period. Thats not something I'm cool with.
yep and for more than 9 months... what possible excuse can there be for that? it takes a maximum of 5 minutes to post an update
edit: he did update but lied idk anymore I just wanted my caps  :'(
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:39:23 by appleonama »

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #1220 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 14:46:31 »
Wow, I just only now popped in to see what updates were awaiting me. Very disappointing info indeed.

Sorry that everyone involved has to experience this including myself.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1221 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 15:18:02 »

Come on man, how can you say that? I mean, sure Ivan hasn't talked to GMK in forever, and the RS maker says Ivan hasn't submitted an order, and Imsto himself says the caps were shipped a month ago, but there is no way Ivan would scam anyone. Massdrop on the other hand....

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1222 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 15:20:41 »

Come on man, how can you say that? I mean, sure Ivan hasn't talked to GMK in forever, and the RS maker says Ivan hasn't submitted and order, and Imsto himself says the caps were shipped a month ago, but there is no way Ivan would scam anyone. Massdrop on the other hand....

What did massdrop do to you? A $300 package got lost in the mail and refunded me in 5 days. I just hate them for the constant delays but that is usually on the manufacture.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1223 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 15:22:56 »

Come on man, how can you say that? I mean, sure Ivan hasn't talked to GMK in forever, and the RS maker says Ivan hasn't submitted and order, and Imsto himself says the caps were shipped a month ago, but there is no way Ivan would scam anyone. Massdrop on the other hand....

What did massdrop do to you? A $300 package got lost in the mail and refunded me in 5 days. I just hate them for the constant delays but that is usually on the manufacture.

I tried to make that sound as sarcastic as possible, but next time I'll just put the '/S' to be safe. I've never had a problem with Massdrop at all. I just couldn't help but reply after reading "I still trust Ivan more than Massdrop".

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1224 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 15:23:25 »

Come on man, how can you say that? I mean, sure Ivan hasn't talked to GMK in forever, and the RS maker says Ivan hasn't submitted an order, and Imsto himself says the caps were shipped a month ago, but there is no way Ivan would scam anyone. Massdrop on the other hand....

Are you being sarcastic?

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1225 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 15:23:52 »

I tried to make that sound as sarcastic as possible, but next time I'll just put the '/S' to be safe. I've never had a problem with Massdrop at all. I just couldn't help but reply after reading "I still trust Ivan more than Massdrop".

ohh my bad I mistook you for the KHAANNN guy. either way that sarcasm didn't work too well lol

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #1226 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 20:19:21 »

But if a bus hits a massdrop employee, the community doesn't collectively lose nearly $100,000, the order will still be fulfilled. I really don't understand this dislike for massdrop, and I'm not there biggest fan either, they sent me the wrong replacement keycap 3 times, but your pretty much guaranteed to get what you paid for and in a relatively timely manner, small issues aside.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #1227 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 21:23:28 »
So can we still talk about how sweet Miami Nights would've been? That is what this thread is about.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 22:02:53 »
So can we still talk about how sweet Miami Nights would've been? That is what this thread is about.

And depress everyone here?

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1229 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 22:23:02 »

Maybe someone can get it run through massdrop

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1230 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 22:42:16 »
Khan your comment about massdrop is beyond ****ing stupid

I'm not Massdrop crazy by any stretch of the imagination but you comparing your dislike for them for whatever reason to tens of thousands of dollars of enthusiast money being stolen is just completely idiotic

The last thing we need is for you to use this thread where people have got a lot of money tied up to vent about something you don't like

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1231 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 22:43:21 »

Probably could, but I can't imagine many people wanting to pay for the set twice.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1232 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 22:48:36 »

Probably could, but I can't imagine many people wanting to pay for the set twice.

Nor do I want to honour Ivan's creation in any way by running it through somewhere else

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1233 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 22:52:58 »

Nor do I want to honour Ivan's creation in any way by running it through somewhere else

I can understand that as well.

I found out about geekhack in late June/early July, but didn't make an account till August. I almost made one earlier to join this group buy, but didn't really know enough about anybody here to join a GB. Looking back I'm obviously glad about that decision, but can't help but feel really bad for everyone involved, and for the community as a whole. I have been hesitant to join any community run group buy, and this has only increased my hesitance.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1234 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 14:00:07 »
I see a real lack of hype and lack of trust of the leader.  In the absence of Elrich, here's my first attempt at reviving the hype train:

When this set drops, people will be all like, "OMGz I NEED."  All praise to the leader of Miami Nights, some of us still keep the faith.

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #1235 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 15:21:11 »
I see a real lack of hype and lack of trust of the leader.  In the absence of Elrich, here's my first attempt at reviving the hype train:

When this set drops, people will be all like, "OMGz I NEED."  All praise to the leader of Miami Nights, some of us still keep the faith.
Trust can be broken, especially with a heavy lack of communication and possessing a large sum of cash from many people.  It's kind of a big blow to user-run group buys and kind of forces the use of outside parties like Massdrop.  It's pretty bad for pretty much everyone involved.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1236 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 17:56:57 »

Show Image

I guess you're the kind of guy that was sipping ice tea wondering what the commotion was when the titanic went down

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1237 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 18:43:03 »
so what's the tl;dr update?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1238 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 18:46:27 »

Show Image

I guess you're the kind of guy that was sipping ice tea wondering what the commotion was when the titanic went down
:p lol how did he make it this far?

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #1239 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 20:36:56 »
so what's the tl;dr update?
GMK Confirmed project abandoned and no payment received.
The maker of the RS84 posted in that group buy thread that he has also not received an order or payment either.
Ivan MIA with a LOT of our money.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1240 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 21:01:34 »
hoff also scolded me for not seeing his response earlier, but i'm still not clear if there was contact... sounded like Hoff talked to Ivan, but there was no good reason why orders were not placed.

Hoff, sorry, but can you repost or link your reply from Ivan?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1241 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 21:04:14 »

I emailed him.  The below has not changed since that time.

For transparency sake, cross-post from PBT GB thread:

It be great to get some input from the Mods, maybe HoffmanMyster? Is there any positive confirmation that this buy is boned other than the lack of order for Miami Nights?

I reached out to Ivan last night when things started getting shaky (before the news was posted in the GMK buy thread), to A) verify he is alive and well and B) follow up with a direct inquiry as to the status of these three buys.  I did receive an email back from him last night (I mistakenly said in the GMK buy that he had not responded, which is not true - I didn't see his response at the time) and he said all is fine but he is not active much (I had not asked about the buys at this point).  I have responded asking very pointedly for an update re: lack of orders placed.  No word yet, but I will update as I can.

Offline turboloser

« Reply #1242 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 22:08:44 »
I wonder if this was a rob Peter to pay Paul scenario.

Could explain why he got very upset at the chargebacks that were occurring, and before you say that was a rational response. Take in the current predicament and the lack of communication between those two points in time.

As I mentioned in my last post, I really just want to see where this goes. It would be interesting to see the first GB I ever joined end up in court(s).

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #1243 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 22:11:38 »

Show Image

...I'm with the band  :)

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1244 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 22:54:48 »
Sorry I have not been around for awhile.

I just would like to let you know things are still in the works. Please be patient. Sometimes things can take longer than what was initially expected.

If you can PLEASE stop initiating paypal disputes I would really appreciate it. I simply don't have the money to be refunding everyone as it is tied up in product.
If you have an urgent inquiry, please simply send an email. Starting paypal disputes to send a question is not helpful.
THANKS.

The money's gone and the caps aren't coming. At this point in December the order had not been placed, yet he claimed he was no longer in possession of the funds.  :( Sorry guys.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1245 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 23:18:53 »
yet he claimed he was no longer in possession of the funds
He's lied before. What makes you think that particular statement is true? Nobody here has any idea what happened, nor will we unless Ivan ends up posting.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1246 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 23:31:04 »

I emailed him.  The below has not changed since that time.

For transparency sake, cross-post from PBT GB thread:

It be great to get some input from the Mods, maybe HoffmanMyster? Is there any positive confirmation that this buy is boned other than the lack of order for Miami Nights?

I reached out to Ivan last night when things started getting shaky (before the news was posted in the GMK buy thread), to A) verify he is alive and well and B) follow up with a direct inquiry as to the status of these three buys.  I did receive an email back from him last night (I mistakenly said in the GMK buy that he had not responded, which is not true - I didn't see his response at the time) and he said all is fine but he is not active much (I had not asked about the buys at this point).  I have responded asking very pointedly for an update re: lack of orders placed.  No word yet, but I will update as I can.

ah, yes. i did see this. i thought i missed his response to your 'pointed' questioning. still waiting for the full story, then.

thanks again

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1247 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 00:55:47 »
At this moment I call it a loss, it just doesn't help to think about this anymore :( I have to stop reading this thread because it just makes me sick...
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1248 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 01:05:40 »
I guess I'm not too bummed as I bought only the space bars, so I can afford to let those go into the abyss, but I can't even begin to imagine the collective total that's considered a loss.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1249 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 01:08:24 »
I am sorry for those that took over an order recently, just to find they just got into a dead zone group buy.