Author Topic: I want candy - a whole entire thread about candy  (Read 15599 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: I want candy - a whole entire thread about candy
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 22:00:24 »
Why not just take a bite of pretzel + nougat along with this bar simultaneously ?

Ideally my perfect candy bar would have a nougat-encased pretzel rod running it's entire length, then some combination of caramel, chocolate, and peanut butter preferably in a crisp delivery form. Possibly some sort of nut like almond mixed in there somewhere.

I'd hit it.  Make some up and start a GB!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 22:04:27 »
Why not just take a bite of pretzel + nougat along with this bar simultaneously ?

Ideally my perfect candy bar would have a nougat-encased pretzel rod running it's entire length, then some combination of caramel, chocolate, and peanut butter preferably in a crisp delivery form. Possibly some sort of nut like almond mixed in there somewhere.

I'd hit it.  Make some up and start a GB!

:)) Should do a Kickstarter to create the ideal candy bar.

Offline LazyDog

• My personal site
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 11:01:40 »

Call me a pervert, but I love Abba-Zabas, and not just because they're named after an iconic Swedish pop group. Sure, unless they're above room temperature you're usually forced to gnaw on a piece of rock-hard taffy while sticky saliva drips down your hand, but I maintain that good candy should make you work for your fun.
<-- Epilepsy and music autoplay warning there

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 23:53:56 »
I've recently grown to appreciate Skor and Heath chocolate bars. Is liking hard toffee a sign of getting older?

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 08:28:59 »

I am an absolute sucker for Jelly Belly beans.
Anything else is a poor imitation, so **** Jelly Bean Factory.
I bought 700g of Jelly Bean Factory the other day because I thought that was the cheaper option, not realising that for £21, I could have gotten 1.8KG of Jelly Belly beans. That would have probably lasted me four days, instead of the two days the Jelly Bean Factory ones lasted. Yes, they’re not as good, no, that doesn't;’t stop me eating them.

I figure I don’t smoke, don’t drink, and don’t have caffeine, so my body may as well be a temple to sugar.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 00:59:35 »
Easter cannot be over soon enough because creme eggs are back in shops and I've got a crippling weakness for them. Every time I go food shopping I pick up a couple, and now they come in 4-packs making my  road to adult onset diabetes a sickeningly sweet creme-filled downhill slope to Nolegsville.