Author Topic: GMK Eclipse  (Read 53901 times)

Offline Trente

Re: GMK Eclipse
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 02:29:40 »
One thing really want would be colemak or dvorak set but I believe it is not normally happening in GMK set?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 02:56:23 »
I didn't mean to come off as saying the price was to high. I understand the price is fair and that its with in reason. That still doesn't stop it from being a little to much for me to want to jump on. Its like saying somethings 25% off on sale. Just because its on sale and its a really good price doesn't make it something your going to snag. I hope if this doesn't hit MOQ.. that they would consider re running it but doing the modifiers as a single color that was 1/3 the price.  Perhaps that give it the boost it need to hit the 250 MOQ.. I do hope it succeed thought its such a lovely set even if its one I might not invest in.

Offline befbef

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 05:47:03 »
@CandyKeys @T0mb3ry:
Would you mind if I ask if someone would share his Addon-Kit with me? I'm only interested in the esc and ansi-enter keys.
70€ is a little too much for 6 keys. I would be in for a Base-Kit if someone was interested in dividing the addons.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 06:28:15 »
Am I the only one noticing there are way too many GMK GB's going on atm?
Eclipse is one of my favorite sets of the year but so is Necro and 9009.
Pro tip: Don't all launch GB's at once, plenty of interested won't have the funds

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 06:49:59 »
I didn't mean to come off as saying the price was to high. I understand the price is fair and that its with in reason. That still doesn't stop it from being a little to much for me to want to jump on. Its like saying somethings 25% off on sale. Just because its on sale and its a really good price doesn't make it something your going to snag. I hope if this doesn't hit MOQ.. that they would consider re running it but doing the modifiers as a single color that was 1/3 the price.  Perhaps that give it the boost it need to hit the 250 MOQ.. I do hope it succeed thought its such a lovely set even if its one I might not invest in.
If single modifier will be progress, not 1/3 because of mold price. Maybe 1/3+about 10euro will be.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 11:09:26 »
Pro tip: Don't all launch GB's at once, plenty of interested won't have the funds

This is not something all the vendors can come around, sit down and decide who goes first. It's the nature of the hobby.
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 12:28:39 »

This is not something all the vendors can come around, sit down and decide who goes first. It's the nature of the hobby.

yeah

this is not a new issue
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline darthzero

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 12:50:45 »

yeah

this is not a new issue
But honestly, when you see 3 GMK groupbuys are running atm how come someone thinks it's a good idea to put out the fourth and fifth?
But i guess this is the wrong thread to complain as Eclipse was supposed to drop around Halloween.

edit: to be clear ^^ i meant necro and royal alpha as 4th and 5th...
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 17:11:39 by darthzero »
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline poolside

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 14:40:31 »
Wow, the progress bar jumped from 13% yesterday to 21%. Keep buying this set!

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 15:10:53 »
@CandyKeys @T0mb3ry:
Would you mind if I ask if someone would share his Addon-Kit with me? I'm only interested in the esc and ansi-enter keys.
70€ is a little too much for 6 keys. I would be in for a Base-Kit if someone was interested in dividing the addons.

I would absolutely welcome such approach.

But i guess this is the wrong thread to complain as Eclipse was supposed to drop around Halloween.

Exactly. Eclipse was anounced months before about being dropped around Halloween. It has to be dropped at that point because it has Halloween themed novelties. Intersection with 9009 is definitely a little bit unfortunate but i really love people are able to get another chance for 9009. I am in for 9009 for example too. Anyway 9009 will end soon and Eclipse will run until 6th November.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 15:20:17 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Petch

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:12:14 »
I think out of the current gmk sets, this is my favourite and I'll be dropping out of necro. Idk why Jessica had the IC going for so long only to drop at the same time as everything else, I guess because it's spooky time of the year 🤷

Offline avid

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 20:30:27 »
Would you clarify / make it easier for non-eu customer to see the 20% lower price they will pay? I think that would make more people order.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 22:21:13 »
Would you clarify / make it easier for non-eu customer to see the 20% lower price they will pay? I think that would make more people order.
The prices in the OP are without tax.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 12:59:59 »
So the confusion is that the price IS the price being paid.  There is no additional discounted price.  The OP notes the listed prices are the price.  EU customers would then pay an additional TAX on top of the price indicated.  What the CandyKeys website indicates to non-EU customers is that if you put in your shipping address, the "shopping bag" will not include any TAX additional.  In other words, if you are a customer in the EU, you would be subjected to the price PLUS TAX.

Someone please correct me if this is not the case.

Offline poolside

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:30:07 »
So the confusion is that the price IS the price being paid.  There is no additional discounted price.  The OP notes the listed prices are the price.  EU customers would then pay an additional TAX on top of the price indicated.  What the CandyKeys website indicates to non-EU customers is that if you put in your shipping address, the "shopping bag" will not include any TAX additional.  In other words, if you are a customer in the EU, you would be subjected to the price PLUS TAX.

Someone please correct me if this is not the case.

EU-price with 19% German tax (inkl. Mwst):

180135-0

Non EU-price without tax (zzgl. Mwst):

Also, there is a discount at 500 sets.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 23:25:52 »
I don't know if someone has already posted on Reddit yet but someone should post something on /r/MechanicalKeyboards/ and /r/mechmarket/ the more people know about this GB the better (also DT)

EDIT: There has already been a post about it on /r/RMK already but not on /r/mechmarket/
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 October 2017, 23:28:06 by PotatoTM »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 23:59:47 »
In case anyone wants to add a banner for this GB, paste the code below into your signature. It links to this GB thread. Lets get some more people in here!  :p

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91931.0][img width=328 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/MY320mi.png[/img][/url]

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 03:13:01 »
I don't know if someone has already posted on Reddit yet but someone should post something on /r/MechanicalKeyboards/ and /r/mechmarket/ the more people know about this GB the better (also DT)

EDIT: There has already been a post about it on /r/RMK already but not on /r/mechmarket/

I've posted this on rmk already. Tho i don't want to be annoying with advertising. I will post on Mechmarket later too.
My post on rmk stayed on the first page for about 24 hours and i think most people are aware of GMK Eclipse GB. The thing is there are to many GBs running atm and probably most people are holding back for GMK Laser because its assummed it will drop in the near future.

Offline avid

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:52:57 »
Is the numbers updated manually? It made a big jump from 13 to 21, so either someone placed a huge order or the numbers are manually updated.

I still hold the position that the numbers would get a huge boost if US proxy to attract US buyers.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 22:51:05 »
I'll be joining in on the GB this week (just been waiting for the funds). I really hope people jump in! I'll be down for the base, and the accent kit for sure. I'd even go for the nord kit if it gets even remotely close to MOQ to help out.

Edit: also, living in the US, I'm not really put off by the pricing here. its roughly $135 for the base, which is not bad by any means. Plus we kind of benefit here by not having to pay VAT... really there are a lot of positives here that people are missing. I do wish the accent kit was a bit cheaper... but its a big accent kit, so it makes sense. I just really want this set to succeed, I'll do what I can to help  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 October 2017, 22:54:44 by Iredeus »

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 01:04:16 »
I'll be joining in on the GB this week (just been waiting for the funds). I really hope people jump in! I'll be down for the base, and the accent kit for sure. I'd even go for the nord kit if it gets even remotely close to MOQ to help out.

Edit: also, living in the US, I'm not really put off by the pricing here. its roughly $135 for the base, which is not bad by any means. Plus we kind of benefit here by not having to pay VAT... really there are a lot of positives here that people are missing. I do wish the accent kit was a bit cheaper... but its a big accent kit, so it makes sense. I just really want this set to succeed, I'll do what I can to help  :thumb:
I am not US and also EU. Just Korea. But I also think so as your comments. It is reasonable price. Hope to jump up!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 03:05:03 »
Is the numbers updated manually? It made a big jump from 13 to 21, so either someone placed a huge order or the numbers are manually updated.

I still hold the position that the numbers would get a huge boost if US proxy to attract US buyers.

I'd guess that a US proxy won't make it a lot cheaper (if any at all) for you guys, maybe $5 because of the bulk shipping, but I don't know how much your domestic shipiping is.
It would still make a lot more people order though, just because most don't bother looking at the actual deal they'd get if they ordered directly.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 03:19:33 »

I'd guess that a US proxy won't make it a lot cheaper (if any at all) for you guys, maybe $5 because of the bulk shipping, but I don't know how much your domestic shipiping is.
It would still make a lot more people order though, just because most don't bother looking at the actual deal they'd get if they ordered directly.

Domestic shipping on a single GMK set without a tray is about $7. With a tray, it's more like $13-15, depending on service.

But yeah, it'll run about the same.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline avid

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 04:33:16 »

Not so much about the price, but as you said more orders.

Offline poolside

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:35:19 »
Bumping this up, 26% and 25% for the base and accent kits respectively right now.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:22:30 »
Yeah I saw that. I guess it's getting updated manually, then? I've been checking the page like crazy haha.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 08:55:19 »
Yeah I saw that. I guess it's getting updated manually, then? I've been checking the page like crazy haha.

Bumping this up, 26% and 25% for the base and accent kits respectively right now.

Sorry! :D We are working on some code to make it automatic. We also always want to make sure that it is 100% with no maybes, so we always keep an eye on it to keep it realistic.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 12:26:31 »

Sorry! :D We are working on some code to make it automatic. We also always want to make sure that it is 100% with no maybes, so we always keep an eye on it to keep it realistic.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for keeping us updated! Just put my order in for a base set and accent set :).

Offline avid

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 21:32:40 »
This set is so good. I'm also happy with the excellent price. $130 or so for americans with custom colors!

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 05:04:32 »
My Q-Pad MK85 backlight gave up 6 months ago or so. 'Cause lack of service (it was still under warranty) I swore to never buy stuff from them again. Started searching for a new mech but couldn't find something that had everything I wanted. So decided to built one of my own, nice keycaps are a pain in the ass to come by the normal way and then I saw this GB set. Love it, and placed an order for the base-kit so I hope it'll come through and get my first build complete :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 05:09:50 by BrintaVett »

Offline WarmCat

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 17:45:38 »
Well done on providing an excellent selection of modifiers in the base set; better than the other two GMK sets currently running.
1.5u Meta is great for those HHKB layouts, R3 Ctrl and R4 Capslock & Function: brilliant, not to mention the option of R2 delete AND backspace.
I'll stick a base kit order in for this at the weekend :-)

Offline Atredl

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 05:21:02 »
Yuri sets are starting to reach people. Been waiting for a particularly well white-balanced one to post here. The light blue really looks stunning :-*

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 10:34:14 »
I've been thinking.... Bambino should totally make a Keybuto to match this colorway and use a crescent moon on the helmet all Date Masamune style.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 23:15:28 »

Somebody posted this picture on reddit. It does a really good job of showing off the light blue color what will be used in this set. Picture by /u/atectatifern.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 23:28:37 »
Show Image

Somebody posted this picture on reddit. It does a really good job of showing off the light blue color what will be used in this set. Picture by /u/atectatifern.
it is nice!!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 14:26:07 »
Is the chart still current. I'm sad if we are still so far. Hard to compete with so many GMK sets at once.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 14:32:32 »
Is the chart still current. I'm sad if we are still so far. Hard to compete with so many GMK sets at once.

I hope not :'(

Bad time for GMK in general, I think of the 5 in GB period, 3 will fail.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 14:38:41 »

Right now it’s just TA RA and 9009 right?

Eclipse, Necro and Pristine are all struggling?

Or is there something else lol. I guess many are saving for Laser too. Pristine seems like a misfire to me, with 9009 coming right after it had no chance. All the beige fanatics already had their fix. But who knows, zFrontier may push it through. A WS1 set would probably have done better but some space between other buys would still do it well.

I’m really hoping necro and eclipse pull through somehow though.

Offline avid

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 14:39:58 »

Or is there something else lol. I guess many are saving for Laser too. Pristine seems like a misfire to me, with 9009 coming right after it had no chance. All the beige fanatics already had their fix. But who knows, zFrontier may push it through. A WS1 set would probably have done better but some space between other buys would still do it well.

TA posted numbers and they already have +80 base. 

I still think a US proxy - is a must - to be able to run a 250 MOQ GB. They buy the most keysets no doubt.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 14:43:22 »

Currently 9009, Eclipse, Royal Alpha R2, Necro, And Pristine are in GB. Also possible to pre-order Keyboard & Co.

Thinking about it, I'm unsure any buy will reach MOQ (of course 9009 already has). I'd love all to succeed though :thumb:

And yeah, Laser is affecting numbers without it even starting :))

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:12:45 »
I think something else not helping and I might be wrong is ... November coming up in the United States... November has our Blackfriday and I know several people saving money hoping to score "New TV, Computer, etc" while on sale during Black Friday.. Also with Christmas just around he corner and Laser also... its just a tough sale. As I said before the Price might be good but its just a little to rich for me. Perhaps it done better if the Mod kits where split up? I don't know honestly. 

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:17:51 »
I really want this set to happen. I saw the base set go up 1% today after a full week? Im a little concerned at this point. Are there any plans on posting this on mechmarket? It's over halfway through the GB period and still no post there, which could potentially help this set gain more traction. Being from the US, I myself don't see how a NA proxy would actually help much, but if a large number of people aren't joining because of that I am all for it. I think the main thing here is there isn't a lot of promotion going on.

Offline Petch

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:24:12 »
I really want this set to happen. I saw the base set go up 1% today after a full week? Im a little concerned at this point. Are there any plans on posting this on mechmarket? It's over halfway through the GB period and still no post there, which could potentially help this set gain more traction. Being from the US, I myself don't see how a NA proxy would actually help much, but if a large number of people aren't joining because of that I am all for it. I think the main thing here is there isn't a lot of promotion going on.

I'll be joining after payday, I assume (and hope) a lot of others will be doing so too

I would save any leddit posting until the 31st, for the h'ween hype and when people have more money in their pockets

Offline Atredl

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:37:58 »
If anyone wants to help with a bit of promotion here on GH please copy the code below into your signature. I'm glad to see them pop up but the more people use it the more interest this set can attract.

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91931.0][img width=328 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/MY320mi.png[/img][/url]

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:44:05 »

I'll be joining after payday, I assume (and hope) a lot of others will be doing so too

I would save any leddit posting until the 31st, for the h'ween hype and when people have more money in their pockets

Yeah, but that only leaves 6 days for another 200 people (approx.) to join in for the base set to hit MOQ. This would be unlikely, especially considering it's only gone up 1% since Monday (which I kind of find hard to believe). Posting earlier would probably help -  it will still be close enough to Halloween to generate hype,  but will give people more time to think about it and join.

I wonder if there is a chance to potentially extend the GB period? This may help weather the storm brought on from the other GMK GBs that are live.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:45:53 by Iredeus »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 15:52:21 »

Yeah, but that only leaves 6 days for another 200 people (approx.) to join in for the base set to hit MOQ. This would be unlikely, especially considering it's only gone up 1% since Monday (which I kind of find hard to believe). Posting earlier would probably help -  it will still be close enough to Halloween to generate hype,  but will give people more time to think about it and join.

I wonder if there is a chance to potentially extend the GB period? This may help weather the storm brought on from the other GMK GBs that are live.
Why not post one now and when Halloween rolls around? Once a week doesn’t seem too extreme for promotion.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 16:00:01 »

Why not post one now and when Halloween rolls around? Once a week doesn’t seem too extreme for promotion.
I agree, I think once a week is perfectly acceptable.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 13:36:45 »
I wish this GB could achieve MOQ. All the sets designed by Tomb3ry were always the best for me. I wonder if there is a chance to extend the GB period.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 October 2017, 13:38:51 by Helldrop »

Offline avid

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 19:30:59 »
So were at 28% and its not much time left.

Any words on this? Do we need to reach 100% for it to fire? Is there any plan b? I really want this keyset, but there is lack of updates here.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 20:42:28 »
So were at 28% and its not much time left.

Any words on this? Do we need to reach 100% for it to fire? Is there any plan b? I really want this keyset, but there is lack of updates here.

Same! I really want this set, and I really hope there are plans to extend it, or at least plans to rerun if it doesn't pan out.