Author Topic: Thank You, Geekhack || [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack  (Read 467154 times)

Offline billnye

• ability man
Is there a way to make sure my order went through? I was on mobile and my phone died as I was placing an order.
I have your order for one of each set :thumb:

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
And ordereded.  Hopefully you're getting it pre-sorted.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
ordered
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Wilkes

Is there a way to make sure my order went through? I was on mobile and my phone died as I was placing an order.
I have your order for one of each set :thumb:
Thanks kindly, good sir!

Offline ShardZer0

I'm in.  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
You know what I just realized?  Between OG beige and cream, the TA buy,l and this, I should be able to do a 60% version of Princess 300 and Signature 511, just without the red mods that pull it together.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Ordered - have we passed 100 yet?

Most of the first 100 orders seem to have come in overnight for those of us on the other side of the world :rolleyes:
You were the 101st order :))

Story of my life :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Thanks to everyone who has placed orders so far :)

Also, if we get over 400 orders I will add a few more keys that were requested in the interest check but didn't make the final cut :thumb:

You are the man. An esc key could make it into those? Some of us want one, but not in need for those many in the escape pack.
Probably not.

Depending on how substantial the price drop is, I was thinking of adding the nav cluster, f5-8, and prt sc, scroll lock and pause so you could get full TKL support if you add the arrow keys from EK :)
Seriously? Brb, ordering a set of TA to use for alphas.

Edit: ordered

Check out @CarpeKeyboards's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CarpeKeyboards/status/584522446159478784?s=09
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:43:30 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline shawn o

Ordered

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

Shows complete dedication to realizing his dream colour-way, good on him  :thumb: .

Offline hjc1710

Also, if we get over 400 orders I will add a few more keys that were requested in the interest check but didn't make the final cut :thumb:

You are the man. An esc key could make it into those? Some of us want one, but not in need for those many in the escape pack.
Probably not.

Depending on how substantial the price drop is, I was thinking of adding the nav cluster, f5-8, and prt sc, scroll lock and pause so you could get full TKL support if you add the arrow keys from EK :)

Holy ****... that would be absolutely amazing. With all the GMK hype lately, it's so feasible too...... such hype. Such hype.

Hmmm... thinking about a second escape pack. Would I PM you for that bill or just resubmit the form?
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Hmmm... thinking about a second escape pack. Would I PM you for that bill or just resubmit the form?

I added another because of 3B (RIP in peace).  I PMed him.  I know the whole update in the Google form can turn into a cluster**** because no one ever follows the directions properly on how to do it.  Then again, a flooded inbox sucks too.

Offline Atredl

Ordered. Excited to see how this will look combined with HF and TA.

Offline billnye

• ability man

Edit: ordered

Check out @CarpeKeyboards's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CarpeKeyboards/status/584522446159478784?s=09
Thanks for the shoutout! I'll follow you if you follow back :))

Probably not.

Holy ****... that would be absolutely amazing. With all the GMK hype lately, it's so feasible too...... such hype. Such hype.

Just pm me please. Dubs had people resubmit the formed and it made everything all ****y for CMYW :p

Edit: order count in OP updated!
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 April 2015, 06:27:25 by billnye »

Offline Paranoid

Ordered one of each! Big fan of the blue :)

Offline n7

Wow, have we already hit MoQ? Just joined for a set of both. :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man

Yep! Almost at 400 where I'll add the extra keys :thumb:

Offline Giorgio

I say that a spacebar or arrow cluster would be nice. You have to think that the spacebar appeals to 60% and up. Navigator keys to 75% and up. And so on. Many here have a poker, so only the spacebar makes sense.

You sir are a roll of pennies.  You make cents but its not gonna change anything.

What?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

Yep! Almost at 400 where I'll add the extra keys :thumb:

Offline NorrisB

Any idea of adding f keys to the set

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Any idea of adding f keys to the set

From a previous post:

Offline Giorgio

We need a poll  :thumb:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot

Order submitted to use with my TA set  :)

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

You meant a poll for the selection of additional key caps? I think billnye will decide it by himself.

Offline Giorgio

You meant a poll for the selection of additional key caps? I think billnye will decide it by himself.

I know that he will decide, but still I can try to suggest..
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2015, 03:32:48 by gianni »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Am I still 101?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hzza

Am I still 101?

I dropped out of the Bro Bot draw, so I guess that means you've moved up to 100.

Offline billnye

• ability man
Am I still 101?
As Hzza said you're 100 now :)

You guys can suggest keys if you would like. I might not be able to do TKL support seeing as how I would have to add 13 keys (not including the arrow keys) to make it work.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2015, 09:20:50 by billnye »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

Am I still 101?

You guys can suggest keys if you would like. I might not be able to do TKL support seeing as how I would have to add 16 keys (not including the arrow keys) to make it work.

What do you mean 16 extra keys? Isn't it 13 keys without the arrows (9x nav cluster + F5-F8)?

Offline billnye

• ability man

Am I still 101?

You guys can suggest keys if you would like. I might not be able to do TKL support seeing as how I would have to add 16 keys (not including the arrow keys) to make it work.

What do you mean 16 extra keys? Isn't it 13 keys without the arrows (9x nav cluster + F5-F8)?
Yea sorry I just woke up and I'm laying in bed typing this :p

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
No problem  :thumb:

Maybe you could cut it down to 10 keys if you leave out PRT SC, SCROLL LOCK and PAUSE, because those are almost never used and are perfect for putting artisan caps in their place :D

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
I'd like an Alt Gr Key but that would be 2 caps considering 1.25u and 1.5u.

Other than that maybe 75% keys ? That would be:
R4 end
R3 Page Down
R2 Page Up
R1 Home
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
If it may be considered, here is my vote:

1x windowed stepped caps lock (This would be one of its kind in this color)
1x windowed full touch caps lock
2x 1u row 4 blank keys
1x 1u row 1 windowed key

Offline Paranoid

I would rather prefer arrow keys instead of function keys, even though you can buy then elsewhere. Saves in shipping and import costs. Or some other novelty caps.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better

Am I still 101?

Haha, enjoy your rest.

I'd love to see a 1.25x Fn key for 60% users. The "Post your Poker" thread alone is 56 pages long, not to mention all the GONs, SPriTs, Pures, etc. The most common configurations use the 1.25x Fn key on bottom row.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Giorgio

There are already two 1,25 blank keys (not yet included in the rendering).

Am I still 101?

Haha, enjoy your rest.

I'd love to see a 1.25x Fn key for 60% users. The "Post your Poker" thread alone is 56 pages long, not to mention all the GONs, SPriTs, Pures, etc. The most common configurations use the 1.25x Fn key on bottom row.

Offline Giorgio

Arrows keys would be nice, since getting them from ek costs much more than 10$ including delivery.
Or at least some blank 1u keys.

I would rather prefer arrow keys instead of function keys, even though you can buy then elsewhere. Saves in shipping and import costs. Or some other novelty caps.

Offline billnye

• ability man
I would be willing to make a big order from EK and ship them out with the rest of your guys' orders to make them more affordable.

I can tell you I won't be adding arrow keys because it wouldn't be worth the cost when we could add 4 other keys that aren't available for sale anywhere else.

Offline abjr

• abjr.org

This is why I asked yesterday as I figured a 1.25u Fn key was pretty common but I was surprised that I didn't see one in any recent GMK GB. Even QFRs and KULs have a 1.25u Fn key.
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Maybe at 400 orders you can add the "six pack" of nav keys, and at 700 orders add the F5-F8 and PrtSc-ScrLk-Pause group. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
There are already two 1,25 blank keys (not yet included in the rendering).

Am I still 101?

Haha, enjoy your rest.

Thanks for pointing that out; yes I saw those in the list but I think most would rather have a printed "Fn", "FN", "Other", "Meta", or even "Screw You" over a blank.  :thumb:
I'm back.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
Maybe at 400 orders you can add the "six pack" of nav keys, and at 700 orders add the F5-F8 and PrtSc-ScrLk-Pause group. :)

800 orders adds a blue pony. :D
I'm back.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I would be willing to make a big order from EK and ship them out with the rest of your guys' orders to make them more affordable.

I can tell you I won't be adding arrow keys because it wouldn't be worth the cost when we could add 4 other keys that aren't available for sale anywhere else.

I suppose windowed keys may be more expensive than regular ones; but, those would be unique, in this color, and not available anywhere else.

Offline billnye

• ability man

I think that's a good idea, but I don't think we are likely to get 700 orders. I don't want to do this half-way, I'm going to try to my best ability to get full TKL support once we get past 400 orders.

Offline billnye

• ability man

I suppose windowed keys may be more expensive than regular ones; but, those would be unique, in this color, and not available anywhere else.
GMK won't do windowed keys for this set due to the small size of it. Even the full set guys have to haggle with them to get windowed caps :))

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Welp, this is what I get for spending the weekend with loved ones. A lack of a chance for BroBots but an impressive turn up for a GMK mod set.

Going in when I get home :D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

GMK won't do windowed keys for this set due to the small size of it. Even the full set guys have to haggle with them to get windowed caps :))

It is a shame; but, you have an awesome control stepped key included already, my GON will be very happy dressed with it.

Offline Giorgio

No love for a 6.25 spacebar?  :'(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
No love for a 6.25 spacebar?  :'(

The space bar matches the alphas, traditionally; therefore, it would be a little complicated to include one, because that will depend on each one alphas. Personally, I have more space bars than I will ever use; besides, as I use PBT space bars only, they show no shiny spots, so no need for replacements.  :thumb:

Offline wlhlm

• ~
I would be interested in this as I would've bought them anyways (if they weren't included).